Good thoughts for our PBT friend Robin

Anything that doesn't fit into the other three catagories

Postby madremissy » November 11th, 2008, 11:56 pm

Some people have contacted me regarding Robin. I don't want to try to paraphrase what he said so I copied his message to me. He has given me permission to post. He sends his love to everyone and misses us.
Please send all the good thoughts you can. It sounds as though he is having a rough time of it. Thank you.

I am not spending much time on my computer as I have been and still an struggerling with a really really heavy cold, I have been taking over the counter meds for this,but, it aint shifting.

On friday I felt so rotten that I had to contact my GP, turns out that this dam cold has also turned into a chest infection and I have been coughing like mad and weezing like a dirty old man who has just got off with a dolly bird(this maybe too much of an English expression so I will say a good looking young woman who maybe in her early 20's to mid 20's when the old man is around 70+)

so since Friday I have been taking anti biotics to try and clear up the chest infection and have been given an inhaler to take 2 puss when I need to each time so I can breath or clear my airways to breath a bit better.

yep it's a good cold that will not except that the meds are a way of serving an eviction notice and telling the cold & chest infection to go and leave. a lot of people are getting heavey colds here at the moment. I am begingingg to feel that I have in the past had flue that was easier to shift than this cold & chest infection, but, maybe getting this so soon after major surgery my body just isn't at the moment able to fight this like maybe it could of done if I had not hasd major surgery on 15th October. It's also uncomfortable when I cough as I now have a scar from surgery going(across the front) from one side of my chest to the other side.

but Gerda is being a real sweet heart and staying close by me. she is now sleeping all night and also in the day time when I need to rest or nap on my bed by my side. she has some times had a puzzed look on her face when I have been sneezing or coughing &tried to lick my nose and face to I think in her way make me feel better. Also the other morning I thinnk I got the bigest indication that the 2cats may of finally excepted Gerda living her as I woke up & both cats were curled up together near to where my feet were & they were alseep, Gerda was asleep and snoring on top of the bed covers by my side....I did feel really happy and had a big grin on my face even though I woke up feeling rough.

there has been some days when I have felt rough and light headed with this & I just couldn't summon up what it would take to get onto my wheelchair scooter and take Gerda for a walk. I would though have toy here that she could play with and she did do what she needed to do in the garded/small yard. I would feel bad and make an extra effort the next day & take her out for about 1 hour. OK some thimes it took me to gone 4 in the afternoon to summon up enought to take her out, but, I am manageing & I am sure Gerda will forgive me fgor not taking her out every day.

sorry I have written loads and far too much information here.

I have missed every one & when I do feel a bit betteer I will be here and posting likethe saying goes 'normal service will be resumed as soon as posible'.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » November 12th, 2008, 12:09 am

Thanks for posting, Missy... I have been wondering about Robin.

Robin - you get better ASAP... ya hear me??? >( :wink:
Many good thoughts are coming your way from the US, as well as some butt scratches for Gerda!!! :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » November 12th, 2008, 10:57 am

Robin says that his house nurses are still coming. But that leaves him by himself for a long time. He says the nights are the worst with the coughing and it is hard for him to rest.
He sends his love.
madremissy

Postby Beth » November 12th, 2008, 11:21 am

Oh, Robin! Many thoughts and Prayers for a quick recovery.
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby KJS » November 12th, 2008, 12:19 pm

GET WELL SOON ROBIN!
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby pocketpit » November 12th, 2008, 5:57 pm

I hope you're feeling better soon!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » November 12th, 2008, 6:07 pm

Oh, that "dolly bird" comment has me laughing my a$$ off!!! I love hearing expressions from other places.

Feel better, Robin! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » November 12th, 2008, 11:20 pm

Here is his latest message. :D
Congrats Robin. I hope this will help you get around better.

Hello friend I would like to show you the new power wheelchair i brought today & now have in my home. I have paid the deposit and am paying the reainder off on HP at 0% interest rate. My power wheelchair is dark blue the make and type of pawer w,chair is Pride Jazzy Select 6. Here is the link so you can see if you wish to look: Here is the link: http://www.pridemobility.com/jazzy/jazzyselect6.asp Robin & the 3G's.

please feel free to share about my new w.chair if you wish to.

Now I am going to sleep as it is 2:09 am, so I should follow the example of the 2 cats who are alseep on my bed and Gerda who is on the chair next to me snoring happerly in her sleep.
madremissy

Postby Jenn » November 12th, 2008, 11:34 pm

Feel better soon Robin, and congrats on your new chair. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Robin B » November 12th, 2008, 11:56 pm

Well as you can see I have not fallen off the edge of the planet, just awake again at nearly 4am with dam cough.

thank you for your get well wishes and for sending good thoughts over the pond & I loved reading amazincc's expression ' as well as some butt scratches for Gerda!!! ', I do find the words butt scrateches amusing.

I do miss being on PBT and reading the post and hearing about our 4 legged friends.

but I think you know and understand why I have been quiet of late and I will be around more when I am feeling better as I seem to of done my normal of not doing things by halves and have a really rotten cold that has caused a chest infection(as has been already posted).

Gerda is being a real sweet heat and has been sleeping next to me and it seems like a bad case(but not in a bad way) of her following me round like my shaddow, but, she has picked up I am not well and is trying her best to me feel better( but licking my nose when I sneeze is maybe taking it a bit far).

thanks also for posting this missy to let people know what happening, for asking for good thoughts for me also for copying and pasting what I wrote as well as posting the link about the new w.chair I have brought(and still paying for).

this as I may of said means a lot to me.
right I think I will try to get some sleep as my homecare worker is here in 4 hours time & for a while now I aint able to get a nights sleep as waking up coughing.....any ideas of things that can help me to sleep this time though I can not consider a hot toddy meaning alcohol as on anti biotics, but, it does work well with pain killers I on...now got to get the thought of a hot toddy out of my head or some one drink one for me can you :)

thanks again & I hoep to speak soon to every one and be catching up on post in not too long.
Robin B
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » November 12th, 2008, 11:59 pm

I'm pretty much always good for a beer, not a hot toddy but for what it's worth. lol

Feel better soon Robin, and hurry up with those dang photos!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby CinderDee » November 13th, 2008, 8:25 am

Feel better soon, Robin!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby airwalk » November 13th, 2008, 9:54 am

Congratulations on the new power chair, when you're feeling better that will be lots of fun for you and Gerda.

Sending good healing thoughts across the pond. Get well soon.
airwalk
I live here

Postby lellis34 » November 14th, 2008, 3:56 pm

Hope you feel better soon. I had a horrible cold that turned to bronchitis and I was coughing non stop for about three weeks in. I can't imagine having that on top of surgery. But, ask your doctor about a narcotic cough syrup. After about a week and a half of being up all night I went back and they gave me something and it knocked me out out night. It was a cough syrup - though I can't remember the name and have since used up and thrown the bottle out. It really was a huge help though.

Congrats on the new chair. Now get better so you can enjoy it before the weather turns bad.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby TheRedQueen » November 15th, 2008, 11:13 am

I just found this thread! Congrats on the new power chair, Robin...it's similar to one John just traded in...it was quite nice! I think you'll be happy with it. :D

Feel better soon!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » November 15th, 2008, 11:30 am

Update.
Robin is still not any better and some what worse. If he is not feeling a little better by Monday he is going to call the doctor back.
He said all the congestion is still in his chest and not coming up. I suggested some expectorant to him.
Gerda is still by his side being the good little nurse. :D
madremissy

Postby katiek0417 » November 15th, 2008, 9:08 pm

Yikes...get better Robin! Real soon!!!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby madremissy » November 15th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Received this a little while ago.

jJust to let you know I called the Doctor today yes 6 hours or longer I did get a visit.
It turns out that I have broncitious(or how erveer you spell this) & that is maybe why I have been feeling npo better when taking my inhaler and why I am feeling a bit rough.

Got another kind of anti biotic and hope this is one I can tolerate as have reaction to a lot of themn & also that I feel better soon.

Just thought I would update you.
madremissy

Postby airwalk » November 15th, 2008, 10:11 pm

I'm glad he didn't wait and went ahead and called the Doctor. Hopefully, he'll be feeling better in no time.
airwalk
I live here

Postby mnp13 » November 16th, 2008, 11:18 am

feel better soon! I'm glad Gerda is such a good nurse!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to All the Rest