What the heck?!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby concreterose » April 11th, 2006, 5:50 pm

msvette2u wrote:It is my opinion that these things should have been brought to light sooner. I know that it seems, often, like "gossip" but if I'd had a suspicion things were wrong, I'd never have sent dogs there. Sometimes death would seem merciful compared to what these animals have to live through.

I totally agree. Things like this bring to light there there are some people with some truly messed up minds in this world.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Violet » April 11th, 2006, 8:13 pm

One of the biggest problems up until this particular incident..was no one could PROVE anything. I got ALOT of dogs from this "rescue". Many times dogs were thin and there were other issues. But there was never proof of what condition the dogs were gotten to THEM in or anything else. And some situations were just plain confusing.

I am glad now that the dogs are all well and happy. And I am NOT giving up hope that something will be done to be sure this person never does such a thing again.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Violet » April 11th, 2006, 8:16 pm

Scuse the double post but in answer to the "not enough money" claim..I know for a fact that over a thousand dollars was given in the last month alone. Not to mention hundreds of dollars worth of food and supplies for the dogs. It was stubborness and misplaced pride(or a serious case of martydom gone insane) that did this to these dogs..NOT lack of funds.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby msvette2u » April 11th, 2006, 9:10 pm

That's what makes me nauseous...all that money, that could have gone to a responsible (real!) rescue that would have used the money on the ANIMALS not their own bills! :puke:
Those dogs were skin and bones and Kaye is right, there is no excuse on God's green earth for it to be like that. The thing is...even if another agency let the "rescue" down, others stepped up and gave and gave and gave. And the "rescue" had a responsibility for the dogs first...Hell, if they'd have bought Ol' Roy the dogs would have at least had SOMEthing in their tummies!!
The dog I got back from them, drank so much water when we got home, he threw it right back up.
:rantSwitch:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby concreterose » April 11th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Violet wrote:Scuse the double post but in answer to the "not enough money" claim..I know for a fact that over a thousand dollars was given in the last month alone. Not to mention hundreds of dollars worth of food and supplies for the dogs. It was stubborness and misplaced pride(or a serious case of martydom gone insane) that did this to these dogs..NOT lack of funds.

What was being done with food and supplies to account for the condition these dogs were in? That blog was depressing.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby msvette2u » April 11th, 2006, 9:24 pm

Violet may know more but from what I can understand, they put some of the supplies in storage (or sold them) and haven't ever given them back to the agency who sent the dogs there in the first place.
The money is gone...the donations are gone.
I personally sent probably 6 collars, heavy duty nylon ones appropriate for pit bulls, and a large purple harness.
When I got Muckie back he was wearing a 99cent store collar that was on too loose, and they claimed over and over he was "dog aggressive". I'd not put a collar like that on a puppy, let alone a dog aggressive pit bull!! Not to mention he was wearing a really NICE heavy duty Stockman's black nylon collar when I sent him there.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Violet » April 11th, 2006, 11:17 pm

I couldn't tell you where the donations went. I know alot of money was spent on gas while they were running and hiding the dogs. Motel rooms for a few nights...I know alot of dog food got ruined due to wet conditions etc. As far as I know fencing, dog houses etc were never put to use and possibly still remain in storage (ugh what a waste..who couldn't use brand new insultated dog houses and insulated chain link fencing?) I cannot say for sure as my contact ended the night I took the dogs and sent them into better situations. Frankly..after seeing the dogs condition I had no urge or inclination to ever be in touch again. I have tried to keep ANYTHING I say to facts only. Though I have alot of opinions.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk