VPI

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 10th, 2006, 9:53 pm

So I've been contemplating getting pet insurance for Inara. Due to how roughly she plays and how she feels anything not securely bolted down should be in her tummy, I was thinking it may be a good investment. Does anybody here use it? And if so, through who? I was leaning towards VPI, however, just received an email from them in response to a question I sent THREE FREAKIN' MONTHS AGO. Actually it was very sad as it was about Atlas - the day he began having seizures I emailed them to see if seizure meds would be covered. He was PTS three days later...*sniffle*
However, back on topic, I'm a little miffed it took that long to get back to me. But I know they're the main pet insurers. So back to the question, anybody here use pet insurance, and if so, with who?
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Asta » April 11th, 2006, 7:24 am

Guinness was insured with http://www.petcareinsurance.com/ when we were still in northamerica. I was very happy with them and thought we got a lot for our money :) The few times we needed to get reimbursed we had the money like 3 days after! For instance, Guinness had a benign lump surgically removed from a paw, swoosh we had the money. No weird breed restrictions, only the usual ones such as age limits as far as i can remember :) Good luck!

Cheers,

Asa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 11th, 2006, 8:18 am

Thanks! I'll have to check them out...
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » April 11th, 2006, 9:15 am

I have both my girls covered by AKC Pet Healthcare Plan (http://www.akcpethealthcare.com/BHIA/) The nice thing is that your dog does not need to be registered with AKC in order to be covered (Nisha isn't registered with AKC).

They're a bit expensive for the "high" plan which includes coverage for healthy visits (shots, etc), dental cleanings, prevention (heartworm and flea/tick), but they'll cover 80% of the cost....there's a deductible, but it's only $125 for the Wellness Plus plan (which, by the way, also covers spay/neuter).

The other thing I like is you can apply online, they give you an answer right away, and coverage takes effect immediately...

Also, and I don't know if this is a new thing, but they call me when they have received a claim to let me know they have received it and that it should be processed in however many days. That's helpful for me because I typically don't take the forms with me to the vet, I fill them out, send them to the vet so they can fill out their part, then they send them out....it lets me know the insurance company actually received them....
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Return to Nutrition & Health