kirkland dog food

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 7:01 pm

does anyone have the ingredient list to this which is sold by costco? its made by diamond. i cant find the ingredient list anywhere..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 10th, 2006, 7:06 pm

This is what I found

KIRKLAND (KIBBLE)
Lamb Meal Rice Flour Brown Rice Chicken Fat Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E) Fish Meal Egg Product, Beet Pulp,, Brewers Yeast, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (Source of Vitamin K), Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid
Protein = 23%
Fat = 14%
Fiber = 4%
Moisture = 10%
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 7:30 pm

thanks therese!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pocketpit » April 10th, 2006, 7:38 pm

That's the lamb and rice mix, but they also make a chicken and rice food.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 7:56 pm

where is the ingredients to the chicken and rice? i am having a debate with someone that is saying its better then the canidae.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pLaurent » April 10th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Be careful, because Diamond dog food also provides ingredients for Kirkland food too.

You can check their website for updates.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 9:18 pm

i know, i was debating with someone who said the kirkland is better then canidae, which is why i wanted the ingredient list.. iwould never feed that to my dogs.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pocketpit » April 10th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Well I'm a bad mom, and I feed it to my dogs. They love it and look good on it.
Diamond owns the company that produces the food but neither the lamb and rice or chicken and rice contains corn products so it's not associated with the recent food recalls.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 9:31 pm

your not bad.. but wasnt it on the original recall list??
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pocketpit » April 11th, 2006, 5:41 am

As far as I know, it was not. But there's been so many things sent out over the internet that who knows if what I saw was the original thing. All I know is I read of the recall and then people started spreading rumors out here about it because it's owned by Diamond. First of all it has no corn in the ingredients and secondly we are way out on the west coast. But you know how people panic.
When I did my research it was mentioned in all of the articles but it was listed as one of the foods NOT recalled. So I don't know if I missed the original release or if folks are just not reading the lists correctly. :|
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Return to Nutrition & Health