Hello! Introducing myself and my postive pit bull website

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Gecer » April 10th, 2006, 8:45 pm

Hello,

My name is Gerard Spicer and I reside in the Denver metro area. I started a website that deals with my personal fight against BSL. I currently own a beautiful 80 pound pit by the name of Petey. Previously, I had owned a black & White one for 15 years name Mugsy. Like most people, I originally had preconceptions about the breed, but 15 years later I find myself enveloped in admiration and respect for them. My wife Alex refuses to have any other type of dog as a pet. On the site I am offering an article I wrote for a local newspaper entitled "A Fall From Grace: The story of the Pit Bull" for distribution free of copyright (to all who want to promote pit bulls in a postive light). Please check it out if you get the chance.

Thanks,

Gerard S.

http://www.forpeteyssake.com
Last edited by Gecer on April 10th, 2006, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gecer
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 10th, 2006, 8:47 pm

I saw you & your website on Pit Bull Forum! Welcome to this one. I really enjoy your site. You'll have to give more info here though before the mods let ya on...they're brutal! :wink:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Welcome to the forum!! your site is fantastic!!!, sooo, what got you into the breed? do you like pizza? etc.....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mnp13 » April 10th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Gecer » April 10th, 2006, 9:44 pm

I was introduced to the breed when my younger teenage brother brought one home. I confronted him with what little knowledge I had of pit bulls, and told him to beware as the breed is known to be unpredictable and aggressive. I told him that I would personally remove the dog from our family premises if it caused any problems. Two years later my brother left for college and my parents moved out of state, and the pit bull named Mugsy found himself without a home. I took him into my apartment because I realized the other option was the pound. My wife and I grew to love Mugsy and he soon became an intricate part of our family. Ten years after we "adopted" him he came down with cancer and died in 2001. It took 3 years before we were able to get over the hurt enough to get another dog. In 2004 Petey, a white & tan pit bull, became the newest member of our family.

p.s. by the way pizza is my favorite food.

Gerard S.
Gecer
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » April 10th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Hello and Welcome! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby Romanwild » April 10th, 2006, 10:30 pm

Hi and welcome to PBT! :gruven:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Asta » April 11th, 2006, 7:16 am

Oh hello and a big warm welcome to you and your family :wave: Thank you for doing what you can against the horror called BSL!

Cheers,

Asa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby concreterose » April 11th, 2006, 9:17 am

Your website is awesome...I link people to your article all the time!
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 11th, 2006, 9:49 am

Hi & welcome to the board!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » April 11th, 2006, 12:39 pm

:wave: Hello and Welcome!
Jenn
undecided

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 11th, 2006, 2:11 pm

:hello: Welcome to the forum
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » April 11th, 2006, 9:15 pm

Welcome! :D
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby PittieLove » April 11th, 2006, 9:34 pm

Welcome :D
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby rockermom » April 11th, 2006, 10:14 pm

Wow you guys are great. I still have to read the article, but I love your site. Boy Petey is pretty. He looks like a tan and white version of Rocky. Great pictures of Petey. I luv em.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Return to Introductions