Just me

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby pits in 4-H » October 27th, 2008, 11:48 am

Hi, my name is Barbara and I am a part-time librarian, mom, 4-H leader, dog trainer, therapy dog handler, church volunteer, horse loving farm girl, who loves to needle felt, sew and create in several mediums. I totally enjoy creating things and especially watching projects come together.

I've been owned by the APBT since the mid 80's having purchased a Daughter/Granddaughter of Panda's Gallant LIne of Schutzhund dogs. My first husband and I bred and showed an Old Family Red Nosed line of Sarona dogs til our divorce, I moved back to MI with my Panda dog and my daughter started showing 4-H at 4 with this gentle big black. What a sight.

We have been involved in showing 4-H and some UKC, with rescued pits since. Breed education, Anti-BSL, rescues, home visits, transports, training all breeds, raising awareness of the APBT as a lovely work animal in several venues.

I do Dog Safety Programs with my daughter's Ready for local children in school and am known as Ready's Mom or the PitBullLady. A few of these stories found here http://PitBullLadyDesigns.blogspot.com
More photograph's available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/PitBullLadyDesigns

Learn the rules and then bend them, is my view of crafting. I have never met a pattern I didn't want to tweek, a painting design to restroke my way or a book I wouldn't love to rewrite, not really to change another's art but Inspired by them to try something my way.

I have always been interested in animal breeding, showing & judging and have a large store of useless information on different breeds in several specie running thru my brain. This information, finally, comes in handy at fair and when I'm creating my woolie animals.
pits in 4-H
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 27th, 2008, 12:24 pm

Welcome! :wave: Ready is GORGEOUS! Do you also own Cruiser? And I love love love Bailey. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pits in 4-H » October 27th, 2008, 1:12 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, Cruiser is our local rescue from the Animal Shelter.

Ready was a rescue from Last Resort out of Stanndish MI, she was originally from Kansas City MO but the family knew they couldn't keep her with all the restrictions on the breed so they got her into Last Resort.

The Arab & Appy (also a rescue looking for a home) are ours. Bailey is my niece's baby, my daughter trained for 4-H this year. She wants to sell Rock, the appy, to make room for a speed mare she is falling in love with.

Can you believe it. . . we only have 4 animals right now!
pits in 4-H
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » October 27th, 2008, 2:21 pm

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » October 27th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Welcome to PBT! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenn » October 27th, 2008, 3:10 pm

Hello and welcome :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby KJS » October 27th, 2008, 3:11 pm

Hello and welcome in :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » October 27th, 2008, 5:20 pm

What? You don't cook? Pfftt......

8)

Welcome to the forum. I needed sewing advice last week....
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pits in 4-H » October 27th, 2008, 9:19 pm

LOL At the cooking! Yes, I cook too (just HATE to clean-up).
pits in 4-H
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » October 27th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Welcome to PBT :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TinaMartin » October 28th, 2008, 1:19 pm

Good to see someone else as craft crazy as me. The latest directions I have gone are cross stitch and paper quilling.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby StalkerBlueDog » October 30th, 2008, 12:48 pm

Welcome! 4-H is what got me and my little sister into dogs so welcome fellow 4-H person! :wave2:
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Return to Introductions