Matt...Border-staffy in rescue!

Postby TheRedQueen » October 21st, 2008, 7:57 pm

Weird how we were just talking about these designer flyball dogs...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25465&start=360

Here's one up for adoption in MN. Probably too slow...that's why it's in the shelter... :nono:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=11942167
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby maberi » October 21st, 2008, 8:16 pm

Wow, she looks very pit bullish to me but pictures are always deceiving

I wonder what her history is? Honestly if Heidi even heard me talking about getting another dog she would have me put down
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » October 21st, 2008, 8:26 pm

She came through on a flyball list...the poster didn't know anything about her, except was was in her bio. :| Who knows...I'll post anymore info that I get.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby nicole » October 21st, 2008, 8:43 pm

I had a potential adopter contact me last year about a foster of mine (who I thought was possibly a border collie/pit bull mix and looking to put in a sport home)...she actually had a bunch of mini aussie/sbt mixes who were specifically bred for flyball. Gawd were they adorable, and i feel guilty saying that :oops:

have you heard of this mix yet? The "Border Stack" - :rolleyes2: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/b/borderstack.htm
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » October 21st, 2008, 9:05 pm

Yup, up in the NY area, there are lots of mini Aussie-SBT mixes...that's more regional still, for some reason. :| One of the judges in that region had a litter at the FnF tourney, I think it was.

The border stack has been around for a while too...

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » October 22nd, 2008, 4:02 pm

maberi wrote: Honestly if Heidi even heard me talking about getting another dog she would have me put down

LMAO
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » October 22nd, 2008, 4:49 pm

Wow, these people are just breeding crazy little machines. I imagine owning one of those borderstacks/borderstaffs or whatever must be a sport in itself.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Marinepits » October 22nd, 2008, 4:54 pm

I cannot imagine trying to puppy-proof a house for one of those little demons, LOL.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby call2arms » October 22nd, 2008, 8:40 pm

Or your windows. Or your fence. Or your calfs (BC nipping)...

We have a litter or Ridgebacks at school (one of the techs has a lure-coursing + agility champion, bred her to famous sire apparently) and while they are getting socialized a whole lot (tons of people around!) I am glad I have a nearly-7 years old girl.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Return to Rescue