ADBA Nationals - New Jersey

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby mnp13 » October 10th, 2008, 6:05 pm

Is anyone going?

I know Leslie is pulling Soleil, anyone else?

Good Luck Leslie!!!

Some of the dogs from UKC Nationals are also pulling; Good luck Liberty, Maddie, Spice, and Lola!!

I hope I haven't missed anyone!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 10th, 2008, 6:07 pm

I am going Sunday. Haven't decided though if I am showing or watching LOL. :)
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ellie@ny » October 10th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:I am going Sunday. Haven't decided though if I am showing or watching LOL. :)

So that means you're coming to MD tomorrow?? :) :wink:

GOOD LUCK LESLIE AND SOLEIL!!!!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » October 10th, 2008, 8:50 pm

Thank you. I was happy w/how she pulled in Enfield. Hopefully she'll do well tomorrow. Although she won % when she pulled in NJ last time, there's a big difference between local competitions and Nationals. I've never been to ADBA Nationals before, so I'm really excited. It's unfortunate that gas prices have limited who's participating. I know there's some very good midwest dogs that won't be making it.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Leslie H » October 10th, 2008, 9:09 pm

Good luck Therese in both venues.
Ellie, Maya looked really good at Nationals. Just remember she may be tired, she's worked really hard in the last week. Good luck in MD.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 11th, 2008, 8:33 am

Good Luck Ellie in MD.

Leslie Soleil always looks great pulling!!!! Best of luck

I didn't go to MD today because no dogs were pre-registered in the CH or class dogs entries and when I asked around through e-mailes no one was going that I asked any way. I didn't want to get stuck having to bring the CH class with me LOL. Having two in the ring at a time is OK but three and my nerves would not be good especially since I only new Ellie could help handle and thus would have been short a handler.

I can't wait to see all the dogs . The last ADBA show was packed with some awesome ones.

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ellie@ny » October 13th, 2008, 7:48 pm

ANY NEWS FROM THE SHOW??? :|
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » October 15th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Sorry, I think the high point is that both Soleil and Bodacious earned their CGC's.
I was not prepared for the wp track to be as difficult as it was, even though I'd been forewarned. I didn't ask for the judge to use a lighter increment (if you're the lightest dog in the class, you can ask for a lighter increment once, if you think that's all your dog will get). So, Soleil pulled 530#, then 730#, and had slowed down a bit already. I thought the judge would drop only 100# the next time, but he went w/200#. Soleil tried to get it, found it tough, and started jumping and barking. I had her try again twice more, because I just couldn't believe she couldn't get it, so I totally reinforced this bad habit I've been trying to minimize. I'm not very happy w/myself. She got 2nd place, because no one was really prepared for the track to be that tough.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » October 15th, 2008, 10:25 pm

Yikes about the track...
And congrats on the CGC's!!!
Am I see you in PA?
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Jenn » October 16th, 2008, 12:35 pm

Congrats on the CGC and 2nd :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 16th, 2008, 5:11 pm

Congrats Leslie! I heard a lot of people had a hard time with the track.

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Leslie H » October 16th, 2008, 9:06 pm

Soleil's taking some serious time off. I hadn't given enough thought to how long she's been conditioned/competing. We're going to play in agility for a while.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » October 17th, 2008, 8:36 am

I hear 'ya!!
:wink:
Good luck with your future plans!
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Return to North East