Another Yahooo!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Chris Fraize » April 6th, 2006, 8:43 am

I just want to thank Shawn Flipp and Harold Card for coming up and doing some Yahooo training today. I had a great time and Rumble did too! He is WIPED! Shawn did some great decoy work with all of our dogs! He really does a great job! Harold just smiled alloy and almost took a few “live” bites!

Harold brought his new Tacoma pup she is amazing! Shawn worked his bulldog “Booka” and she did very well. Both of their dogs would do very well at this type of training!

It was great to see you both again and work some dogs! THANKS AGAIN!

Enjoy the video!

http://www.k9sts.com/guests/

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » April 6th, 2006, 9:33 am

Love watching your videos, Chris -- Rumble's focus is just amazing! That little Joliet reminds me of my Kate when she was that age.....
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 6th, 2006, 10:24 pm

Chris, when there are two decoys, are you telling the dog which one to attack first?
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Chris Fraize » April 6th, 2006, 10:42 pm

Yes, I can out him and redirect him at will. He will only bite on his own judgment if I scream if I need help. I can also call him off a decoy before he gets there if need be.

Great question!

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » April 6th, 2006, 10:48 pm

So are we going to have Wally doing this stuff soon :bigGrin:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby girlie » April 6th, 2006, 10:52 pm

SisMorphine wrote:So are we going to have Wally doing this stuff soon :bigGrin:

.......I think he would have to be awake for it :P
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Hoyden » April 6th, 2006, 11:28 pm

I keep watching Rumple - I love how he is so focused on YOU and responds to YOU.

I want that kind of focus from Birdie.

She has started getting "vest smart" meaning Service Vest goes on, she behaves and obeys. Service vest off and she is an over energetic puppy and doesn't obey commands and I won't give her a command unless I going to get up and enforce it if need be.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Malli » April 7th, 2006, 3:10 am

awesome video :)

I was wondering about the decoys too

I was thinking the out must be very difficult, I have trouble with my own dog and just his tug toy, wich I have to drop, and then ask for the out.

It was amazing to see Rumble resist the man's hat and when they were sitting next to him and over him!

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby ellie@ny » April 7th, 2006, 7:31 am

I wish my dogs would be that smart!!!Where can I send them? :rolleyes2: :wink: :)
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 7th, 2006, 9:36 am

doesn't he need more than three teeth?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » April 7th, 2006, 9:37 am

Malli wrote:I was thinking the out must be very difficult, I have trouble with my own dog and just his tug toy, wich I have to drop, and then ask for the out.

Riggs and I struggle with this every day...

ok, I struggle with it, Riggs just thinks it's a game. :rolleyes2:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » April 8th, 2006, 3:19 am

The worst part about it is. If I try and muscle the toy out and manage a correction at the same time, most of the time he out muscles me!! Oscar also seems to think its a game, it can be frusterating. I KNOW thats not good, so we've settled on him outing it after I let go as soon as I ask. I suppose the best way to fix this would be to do a trade for a treat, and then we could move past that too. Have you tried that with Riggs? Did it work?

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » April 8th, 2006, 9:15 am

mnp13 wrote:

doesn't he need more than three teeth?

He has 4, thank you very much!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Mike A. » April 9th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Rumble is a great Dog but, like i have always said he is a reflection of a great handler and good decoying by Mr.Mike.. I had the honnor of working that high driven dog when I was invited by Mr. Chris and his staff to Frostbite 2006. That dogs focus is like no other and his desire please is off the charts. Whatever you do don't say that he cannot do something.(ex: ring sport, obidence after a bite, etc..) cause he will prove you wrong...
Mike A.
Just Whelped

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 9th, 2006, 9:41 pm

I teach an out by sticking a piece of liver practically up the dogs nose, and they will (usually) let go of the object to grab the liver. If they will not let go, I use a lower value object. When I know they will drop it for the liver, I say out as I move the liver next to the nose, right before they will drop it. I then give it back, usually thrown so it is fun. They learn the game pretty quick that dropping it gives them not only a treat, but they get the object back. After a while, I only give the liver every few times, and eventually I do not need to use a treat at all, the continued game of fetch or tug is the reward.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » April 9th, 2006, 9:52 pm

I had done that exact process with Oscar, perhaps it needs to be re-done. Unfortunately we cannot use things like liver because he is on a restricted diet for allergies...

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Pitcrew » April 9th, 2006, 10:43 pm

Darnit Chris! My dial-up can never get your videos. Stop teasing!

But I want to have a chat w/ you before starting Vega.

Also have a VERY mellow pup who is fairly environmenally bomb proof (no he isnt deaf :D ) that may have potential if I do some drive work.
He may be TOO mellow though. Never had a dog like him. Not sure about his potential. He' smart. He CAN be active. But my friends keep asking of I'm sure he's not part Bassett Hound! :|
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Mike A. » April 10th, 2006, 9:21 am

Who takes the credit for that wonderful gesture. Please answer back, I have an Idea but I want to give the right credit to whom it do. thanks
Mike A.
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » April 10th, 2006, 9:29 am

Mike A. wrote:Who takes the credit for that wonderful gesture. Please answer back, I have an Idea but I want to give the right credit to whom it do. thanks

What? the Avatar? April picked it out and cropped it, I posted it. :D
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Mike A. » April 11th, 2006, 10:42 am

only you, I knew that i was right. What would it cost me to obtain some of the pics. from frostbite 2006.. Get back to me.
Mike A.
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Sports