Lots of pics of cali

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby bullyboi » April 9th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Here are some pics of my girl. Yes she is a merle, red merle and she is probaly a APBT x Cathoula but she is mostly pit so i call her a pit bull :D.

Well he are the pics.

I look real bad in this pic, i couldnt see nothing cause the sun was right in my eyes.

Hope you like them.......Tell me what you think of her.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Purple » April 9th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Her coloring is unique! She's very pretty!
Purple
I live here

Postby bullyboi » April 9th, 2006, 2:19 pm

Thanks purple, yea her coloring is unique but that is red merle for yah.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marty » April 9th, 2006, 2:48 pm

Nice lil gyp there Bullyboi, good luck with her :D
Marty
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » April 9th, 2006, 2:48 pm

she is really stunning... her coloring is very unique... and very nice green grass..... i am sooo envious... have you worked with her on her dog aggression? can you take her out in public with other dogs around or does she act like a total snot? have you thought about taking private lessons with a trainer to help with her dog aggression?? were your folks ok with a pit bull when you wanted to adopt her?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby bullyboi » April 9th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Thankyou for the compliments marty and maryellen. I have been working on getting her to stop focusing on another dog and focus on me. She tends to get more worked up when someone is walking there dog she will get really aggresive but my neibor has a English bulldog and he was sitting right near my drive way (electric fence) so i took her out and got her to sit about five feet from him (still on my property) and ignore him and just focus on me. I ahd her turn complety away with her back to him and just sit there. She was doing very good. So yea i have been working with her and i also pop the leash everytime she gets focused on a dog and it will work sometimes. But i dont really like to take her out places were they there are other dogs because she sometimes makes a scene. She is a quiet one, no barking just pulls and pulls towards them and then when she gets close she trys to scrap them so i just avoid other dogs. Wow i didnt think i would write that much lol/.
No my parents really didnt like the idea of getting a pit because of everything they heard. I had taken care of my friends blue pit bull wanna be when it was a pup for a couple of weeks and my my mother didnnt really want anything to do with this cute lil pup . I think because the dog had cropped ears it made her look more menacing. Not to me i still miss that lil dog.
Last edited by bullyboi on April 9th, 2006, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » April 9th, 2006, 3:21 pm

that is great you are working with her on ignorning other dogs..i would say start slow and do the way you are doing, then slowly increase so that you will be able to eventually take her out in public more.. if you use treats use steak or something she never gets except for training..

check out the training section here, and post any questions you might have, we have alot of experienced people here that can help too..

at least your folks opened up a bit to getting her, which is great, i amsure they love her now..

my folks were the same way when i got rufus as a pup, they thought he would grow up to kill people... once my folks saw how loving he was, they started to change their minds, and since i foster i would bring every foster pit i had to visit them to break the mold.. now they love the breed too..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby bullyboi » April 9th, 2006, 3:48 pm

Yea because of her weight issue we cut treats complety out of her diet but when i take her out around a dog i should probaly bring some treats and reward her when she ignores them. That is why i like forums you can ask questions and get great answers :). My parents are in love with her now. My dad and cali didnt like each other at first but now she curls up against him on the couch and she just ran up and jumped with him on the couch a couple of minutes ago. My mother said she would never give her up for anything.She was a little scared of her at first but i think cali likes my mother the best in the house.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » April 9th, 2006, 3:55 pm

what are you feeding her and how much per day?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby bullyboi » April 9th, 2006, 4:00 pm

Right now i am feeding about one cup of cr@p iams a day. Soon i will switch her to some Natures Variety. Probaly get it off petfooddirect or something like that.

She has lost about 4-5 pounds so she is doing pretty good. She is at 46 right now.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Purple » April 9th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Do you have any Petsupply plus up by you? They carry Nature's Variety and Merrick.
Purple
I live here

Postby bullyboi » April 9th, 2006, 4:23 pm

I would have to check but i have never heard of any near me.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » April 9th, 2006, 4:27 pm

if you go on the natures variety and merrick website they have store locators, you type in your zip code and they find the stores nearest to you...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » April 9th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Here is a store locater link, they do have 'em in NY!

http://www.petsuppliesplus.com/storemap.asp
Purple
I live here

Postby bullyboi » April 9th, 2006, 4:32 pm

Thanks, what do you reccomend NV or merrick?
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Purple » April 9th, 2006, 4:52 pm

LOL!!! You're going to love this....I feed NV kibble mixed with Merrick canned!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby bullyboi » April 9th, 2006, 5:00 pm

lol
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby PittieLove » April 9th, 2006, 6:21 pm

CALI!!!! She looks great!!!
Hey, Aaron :)
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby bullyboi » April 9th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Wat up! I sent you a pm. 8)
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » April 9th, 2006, 8:18 pm

merrick canned is crack to dogs... they go nuts over it...
Maryellen
I live here

Next

Return to Gallery and Cinema