Goodbye Dear Friend

Postby BritneyP » October 4th, 2008, 12:14 am

:sad2: There isn't a face sad enough to express my feelings. Im so sorry Christine.
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby KJS » October 4th, 2008, 4:44 am

Im so sorry..tears are in my eyes and a lump is in my throat..I cant think of anything to type that would say what I feel or express to you what I want to properly :( ...

Goodbye Mick I will miss you...I am very proud to have been on the recieving end of Birthday wishes from you ...rest easy old friend and try to be good while you wait ....
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby demolitionic » October 4th, 2008, 5:39 am

Christine.

I've tried to think of a million ways to convey to you how sorry I am, how sorry we all are. Even I, who can't normally shut up, am having trouble finding the words.

Please know that while we can only know a fraction of your pain - we all feel it too. Because while all of us were only capable of feeling a fraction of the love you held for Mick - we held it too. And now that you are grieving, and we can't possibly grieve the same way that you are - know that we are grieving too.

I'd love to write something touching and beautiful for you, something to give you just a bit of solace when the despair seems overwhelming, and truly, if I could, I would. But for a larger-than-life guy like Mickey, words just aren't enough.

He touched every last one of us, and we will all, always be in your corner, by your side, and with you, every step of the way.

We love you, Christine and Mick, Jessica and Sophie.

Run free and play hard, baby boy. Sleep sweet.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby katiek0417 » October 4th, 2008, 6:03 am

Oh, No....

Christine...

There are no words...

Like so many others, I sat here and cried when I read first Michelle's, then your, post. I thought I must be reading wrong...that this was some bad dream, one that I would wake up from any sec...

You are one of the strongest people I know. You and Mick fought a battle, through EVERY day of his ENTIRE LIFE, and showed strength that should be an inspiration to all...and through it all, you stayed a friend to each and every one of us and was there when we needed you...

We've applauded your successes, have cheered on your progress, have laughed at Mick's antics, and are now crying over his loss. I don't think ever has a dog been loved by so many...touched so many people who never met him...

Mick has touched every one of us in some way, and he will be missed. Christine, Jess, Daisy, Sophie...my heart goes out to you. Mick, may you rest in peace and sleep well... :(
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Judy » October 4th, 2008, 7:42 am

Christine I am very sorry for your loss. Mick will live on in your heart.
Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby chewbecca » October 4th, 2008, 9:21 am

Christine,

I am so sorry. I am so, so, so sorry.
You were such a loving owner, and it is obvious that Mick loved you as much as you loved him.
RIP, Mick.
Everyone will miss you.
http://www.ellaslead.com
The only lead you'll ever need.
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Postby jmashaney » October 4th, 2008, 9:49 am

Goodbye, Mick. Thank you for everything you gave us.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » October 4th, 2008, 9:53 am

I know I havent been around, but I just wanted to extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family, Christine.

You are in my thoughts a lot, and I'm so sorry you are going through this. You gave Mick the best life he could have ever possibly had, and then some.
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » October 4th, 2008, 10:02 am

Christine...I really have no good words, but know that we all are sharing in your pain...Mick was not just yours...we all felt like he belonged to all of us. Every step forward and every step back...we were there with both of you. Every time you posted about something wonderful that he did, I'm sure faces were shining with pride around the world. We all shared Mick...and that's an amazing thing...he brought so many people together....especially for a dog who "didn't like people". You really should think about writing a book about him...

I know this year is all about kicking us while we're down...but stay strong, Mick would want you to be strong for Jess and little Sophie. :hug3: You were given a marvelous gift...one who taught you so many things...patience, love, loyalty...think of all the good things that big boy taught you.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby call2arms » October 4th, 2008, 11:02 am

How did I not see this yesterday...

I'm crying at work, this totally hit me in the face.

You guys fought so much, and never did I see a dog truly enjoying life quite like he did - I'm thinking of that picture where he seems in paradise, eyes closed while he's swimming- and that's all because you provided him with that life. He made so much progress with you, did so much... I can't even imagine how much pain you and Jessica are in, but I'm feeling a bit of it with you guys.

Goodbye Mick aka the Beast, swim away.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby hugapitbull » October 4th, 2008, 12:01 pm

Christine, while my heart breaks as all others who have been a 'virtual' part of Mick's life, I want to take a couple of minutes to say Thank You.

Thank you for sharing the stories, the pictures, the things that made Mick who he was and what he was. His virtual family was so enriched to be a part of his life.

Thank you for loving him unconditionally, for slowing allowing him to begin to trust other humans as frightening as it must have been for him. You lit his path and he trusted you would take care of him.

Thank you for believing in Mick from the beginning. Another would likely have given up and he wouldn't have had the best 7 years of his life.

Thank you for giving him the last days with Sophie. The pictures of them together are so delightful, she had to have given him a boost as his days were starting to fade.

Thank you for allowing me and Trouble to share SS with Mick. I was so excited to see Mick was 'my' dog.

And lastly, Thank you for being you. Your sharing, support, and concern help to make PBT what it is.

RIP sweet Mick, run free at Rainbow Bridge.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » October 4th, 2008, 12:56 pm

Oh, my heart breaks for you... but I know that he will always be there, such a special and life filling dog. My thoughts are with you...
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Favorite Kitty » October 4th, 2008, 2:07 pm

:( Oh, Christine. I'm so sorry to read your sadness. You loved him so much, and he loved you. I hope you heal fast and know that we are all thinking of you. *hugs*
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby BullyLady » October 4th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Oh Christine, I am so sorry. We will all miss Mick dearly. You were the best Mom he could ever ask for and I know he was the light of your life. And I thank you SO MUCH for sharing him with all of us here, he put a smile on my face uncountable numbers of times. My thoughts go out to you in this hard time. :hug3: :hug3:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby BigDogBuford » October 4th, 2008, 3:45 pm

:cry:

Mick, I will miss you so much. Be sure to find my salty old sea caption of a cat named Elvis for me. You two will get along famously.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby cheekymunkee » October 4th, 2008, 4:06 pm

I'm just still in shock. As I know we all are. This was not supposed to happen this way. It's just too quick, too unexpected, too sad. I woke up this morning hoping so much that it was all a nightmare. I'm still hoping it is. It has to be.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pocketpit » October 4th, 2008, 7:22 pm

He scared the vet one final time, my big goof ball of a dog.

Christine, your story about his last day had my crying but I have to admit that that line above had my laughing and smiling at the same time.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby AllAmericanPUP » October 4th, 2008, 8:31 pm

I'm so sad to hear this :sad2: He was an helluva dog
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Jeni » October 4th, 2008, 8:57 pm

:sad2: Oh no. Christine I'm a so sorry to be reading this. You gave Mick a life when many people wouldn't have even given him a second thought. You stood by him when many would have walked away. And today you made the ultimate sacrifice, so he wouldn't be in pain. Know that Mick could never have enjoyed a life with someone other than you.
And thank you so much for sharing him with us. Your pictures and stories of him made people smile, laugh out loud and cry. He was loved by many and he will be missed by many.
RIP Mick - you were loved and you will be missed by more than you could possibly ever know.
Christine, Jess, Daisy and Sophie - my thoughts are with you guys as you try to get through the next days. Remember all the goods times you had with and cherish all the wonderful memories.
dee de dee
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby Robin B » October 5th, 2008, 10:42 am

Christine is is not good-by to Mick it is just waiting to you meet at the rainbow bridge.
Robin B
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Our Departed Friends