Hello everyone

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby John boo boo » October 2nd, 2008, 2:32 am

Hello fellow dog lovers, I'm John and I'm from Indiana.
I had my last pit bull for 13 years, her name was Baby and she was a wonderful dog.
She had cancer in her liver and then it spread to her lungs and I had to have her put to sleep.
This all happened in June 2007 and it was so much harder than I thought it would be, I knew I wanted another one but I needed some time.

Here are some pics of Baby......RIP Girl

Well a couple months ago I started looking for another dog, after having Baby I knew I wanted another pit. I was searching all over the web and one local dog I saw on PBRC really caught my eye, her name was boo boo. I filled out the online form but I didn't hear anything for a week or two, I thought maybe she was already gone to someone else.
Well then the next day I got a E-mail from Tom (the guy that has been caring for boo boo) and I finally got to meet with boo boo. As soon as she got in the door I just had the feeling that she was going to be perfect for me. She is so sweet and playfull and just so fun to be around(aren't all pits :) ).
Well a week later she arrived and she has been here for 11 days now and is doing great here.
She has so much energy and really cracks me up at times...she's a real clown for sure.
I'm doing my best not to spoil her too bad but I was without a dog for over a year so it's not easy :wink:

Here is boo boo in her new forever home

It's good to have a dog around here again :dance:
Thanks again Tom, you know your welcome to come by and see boo boo any time you want. She sure was happy to see you tonight.
She is incredible, she is the perfect dog for me...I just need to leave my camcorder out of her reach :doh:
John boo boo
Just Whelped

Postby KJS » October 2nd, 2008, 2:46 am

Hello and welcome in! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » October 2nd, 2008, 3:23 am

Hi, John!!! Welcome to PBT!!! :wave2:

So... you are the angel who ended up w/Boo Boo... that is awesome. :)

Baby was gorgeous, and I'm sorry for your loss. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » October 2nd, 2008, 3:41 am

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » October 2nd, 2008, 6:10 am

Welcome to PBT, John and Boo Boo. :wave2:

I am sorry for your loss of Baby. She has a beautiful face.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 2nd, 2008, 8:17 am

Welcome! :wave: In our Nutrition forum we have a section devoted to Canine Cancer - if you'd like, share Baby's whole story with us in there. With lots of pics, of course.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby jnreem » October 2nd, 2008, 8:59 am

Hello and welcome!! I'm sorry for your loss of Baby I lost my chessie in july and just got a pit. Boo boo is precious!!
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » October 2nd, 2008, 9:08 am

Hi and welcome! Sorry for your loss, but congrats on the new addition! :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » October 2nd, 2008, 9:21 am

Awwwww Boo Boo :heartbeat:

Hello and welcome John, it's wonderful to have you here so we can continue to hear about Boo Boo. :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » October 2nd, 2008, 11:00 am

Hello and Welcome :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby AllAmericanPUP » October 2nd, 2008, 11:26 pm

Welcome! Baby was beuatiful and Boo Boo looks like she'll be just as wonderful as a companion
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby John boo boo » October 3rd, 2008, 12:43 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome and comments.
I sure do miss Baby but I have to admit having boo boo around here makes it much easier.

I will keep you all up to date with plenty of boo boo pics in the future....the camera batteries are charging now.
She is doing real good and constantly makes me smile, I don't know of a funnier or happier breed then this. She does this thing where she runs and hops and it just kills me, the last few times she went to get her toy she would run up within 5 feet of it then jump and pounce on it :)
That's just another reason why I love this breed...they figure why do anything 100% when you can give it 150% :wink:
John boo boo
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » October 3rd, 2008, 11:15 am

So true!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby John boo boo » October 4th, 2008, 11:08 am

boo boo pics

John boo boo
Just Whelped

Postby hugapitbull » October 4th, 2008, 12:49 pm

How awesome you've joined the forum where Boo Boo was already 'familiy'. Hopefully, you'll share many adventures with your new girl.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby John boo boo » October 7th, 2008, 1:25 am

hugapitbull wrote:How awesome you've joined the forum where Boo Boo was already 'familiy'. Hopefully, you'll share many adventures with your new girl.

Yes I was informed about this place by boo boo's rescuer Tom (DempseysPaw on here). It was nice searching through the old posts and learning more about her youth and the story behind how she was found.

I will definitely be sharing the many adventures with boo boo.
This is the first adventure :doh:

This was one of the first times I left and left her out of her crate(I like to let her roam free). I work at home so I pretty much only leave to go to the post office and shopping and I'm not gone long. I have to give her credit on her puzzle solving skills :mrgreen: , she got the camera bag out of the box, then pulled a zipper to get the camcorder out of the bag. She didn't chew the bag or anything else!
I imagine if I was gone another 10 minutes it would have been a different story...she was working it pretty good when I walked in the door :)
I'm happy to report that the camcorder still works perfectly....And I no longer leave it where she can get at it :doh: I cleaned the house and made sure it was "dog proof" the week before boo boo got here. The camcorder was the only thing I forgot about, it was left on the floor next to the couch (very stupid of me)
John boo boo
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » October 7th, 2008, 6:15 am

LMAO

Oh, this is going to be one funny dog!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby John boo boo » October 14th, 2008, 2:42 am

iluvk9 wrote:LMAO

Oh, this is going to be one funny dog!

Yeah funny for you guys :mrgreen:

Actually she has been real good and has not tore anything else up. The other day she was doing zoomies inside and didn't realise the bedroom door was closed.....Luckily she was only going about half throttle when she ran into it :o

She is getting better at staying off the couches and the beds. Last week I put boxes on the couch cusions so she couldn't get up there, well this smart dog went right up the armrest and was laying on the very top of the couch (like cats do)

Looking back It's hard to believe I went over a year without having a dog. It sure is nice having another one in the house. She makes me laugh quite a bit and she's great.
John boo boo
Just Whelped

Postby SvcDogSawyer » October 18th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Hello :wave2:
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Postby DogsUnited » October 21st, 2008, 1:03 pm

Hi John and Boo Boo,

First of just want to say I'm so sorry for your loss of baby, I've had two dog pass away in my time so I know how empty and lonely it can feel.

Boo Boo looks so beautiful and I'm really looking forward to hearing about yours and hers adventure in the years to come.

Ryan
Looking for Pitbull names? Visit my site at Pitbull Names
DogsUnited
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Introductions