Overdue Update on Dumpster

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Roxiebell » October 1st, 2008, 3:53 pm

I haven't been on this site for awhile now and I was reading my last post and noticed that I never updated the latest news. Dumpster never had the surgery. While we were trying to get the liver taken care of 3, more lumps started on the little guy. He now has a large one on his neck, not really protruding like the rest, just about 2-3 inches outward but about a 5x5 area. He has nice little golf balls under both his armpits and a few on his legs. The mass that was in groin has about doubled in size. Everytime I look at him I swear I see another lump. After speaking with the doctor we decided that there was no reason for surgery since they are just taking over his body. Other than looking like lumpy cake batter, he is doing great!! We have decided to forgo any treatment due to his age, he is 12 years old. He has had the lumps now for over a year and he doesn't act like anything is bothering him. I have noticed that his breathing is a little labored and his nose is always running green goo, we will have that checked again this weekend at the vet. Thank you guys for all the comments, they really go a long way!!!! Leslie
check out my pictures at:
http://www.myspace.com/roxiebell
Roxiebell
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » October 1st, 2008, 3:55 pm

:hug3: Leslie and Dumpster, I'm so sorry I certainly hope ya'll can continue to enjoy all your days together, and Dumpster remains doing great.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 1st, 2008, 4:19 pm

That's awesome he's still feeling well even though he's lumpy. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby CinderDee » October 1st, 2008, 4:29 pm

I'm so glad to hear he's feeling well!

Thanks for the update. :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » October 1st, 2008, 7:22 pm

I opted to not give chemo to my Carlos Garcia. He had swollen lymph nodes, too. I kept him on prednisone and he lived his days out happy, eating like a pig and without pain.

I wish Dumpster wonderful days ahead :) !
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby dlynne1123 » October 1st, 2008, 7:36 pm

Its great to here hes doing well!

I would however get an xray of his chest. With these new symptoms he could be getting fluid or something worse in his chest. Not to make you frantic but if its fluid you can treat for an infection or heart meds. If its cancer, at least you'll have answers. And a simple xray can be taken on his side without anesthesia. Labored breathing can sometimes mean pain too. With dogs as stoic as they are panting or labored breathing using the abdominal muslces usually means straining or pain.

Good luck!
Ryder - Rescue APBT
Panser on a Roll - APBT (American Bully?)
Gretchen - the red headed cat that thinks shes a dog
Prudence - the new cat on the block to put the dogs in their place!
Punchlines Better Than Lojac - APBT (RIP)
dlynne1123
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby KJS » October 2nd, 2008, 3:11 am

Glad to hear that the Dumpster is doing ok now...I support and understand your decision not to remove all the lumps and bumps as we made the same one

Heres wishing that your time together is still long enough and very happy
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby DropkickPA » October 2nd, 2008, 5:17 pm

Does he now have the nickname "lumpster"? Glad to hear he is doing well!
Dropkick, Dropkid, and Agatha, of course!!
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » October 4th, 2008, 5:09 pm

I'm glad he is feeling well & I hope he continues to do so, despite being lumpy.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Canine Cancer