BSL in Canada

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby APBTlvr » September 27th, 2008, 9:49 am

Do we have BSL in Canada and if we do in which parts/cities? Thanks.
APBTlvr
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 27th, 2008, 11:39 am

All of Ontario Canada has a pitbull ban.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby APBTlvr » September 27th, 2008, 11:40 am

StalkerBlueDog wrote:All of Ontario Canada has a pitbull ban.

Retards! Only Ontario?
APBTlvr
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby APBTlvr » September 27th, 2008, 11:41 am

What about if I want to move to Ontario with my pit bull? Can't?
APBTlvr
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 27th, 2008, 12:34 pm

Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
StalkerBlueDog

Postby Malli » September 27th, 2008, 1:59 pm

It is my understanding that you cannot move with your Pit Bull, only dogs that existed at the time of the ban were allowed to stay and only with strict restrictions.
There are lots of municipalities and cities that have breed restrictions, but only Ont. has an across province ban.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby APBTlvr » September 27th, 2008, 2:03 pm

Malli wrote:It is my understanding that you cannot move with your Pit Bull, only dogs that existed at the time of the ban were allowed to stay and only with strict restrictions.
There are lots of municipalities and cities that have breed restrictions, but only Ont. has an across province ban.

Can't believe that we are year 2009 almost and people are still so close minded. Unreal.

Thanks for the input!

Anyone here from Canada with a pittie?
APBTlvr
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 27th, 2008, 3:33 pm

Check out the Canadian section: viewforum.php?f=25
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby Malli » September 27th, 2008, 6:20 pm

yes, I live near, Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, and I own a Pit Bull Am.Bull mix, looks like a big, lanky Pit Bull.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby APBTlvr » September 27th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Malli wrote:yes, I live near, Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, and I own a Pit Bull Am.Bull mix, looks like a big, lanky Pit Bull.

Do usually people discriminate against our breed in Canada?
APBTlvr
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » September 28th, 2008, 1:41 am

well, by law or otherwise?

I've met with plenty of descrimination, opinion-wise. There is BSL but not nearly so much as in the states, if thats what you meant.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby APBTlvr » September 28th, 2008, 10:15 am

Malli wrote:well, by law or otherwise?

I've met with plenty of descrimination, opinion-wise. There is BSL but not nearly so much as in the states, if thats what you meant.

I was trying to compare it to the states...
APBTlvr
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby call2arms » September 28th, 2008, 3:07 pm

Quebec: pit bull are banned or restricted in Ste-Foy, some other little towns around Quebec city, on Montreal island, there is Outremont, Ville Saint-Laurent, Verdun and some others.

As fas as I know, it's not really applied, people living in these areas just can,t register their dogs.

But there is discrimination, people often cross the street or go around trees/on the edge of the sidewalk to avoid wiggly Jessie.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby APBTlvr » October 5th, 2008, 12:08 am

Just checked several different info sources and both were contradicting itself on pit bull ban in the City of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

True? or False? Do we have a ban there? This is pathetic if we do because there is a big possibility that I will be moving to Winnipeg...and I love my dog too much...

Canadians - help!!!
APBTlvr
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » October 5th, 2008, 2:04 am

I believe we do have a Ban in the city of Winnipeg.
The safest thing for you to do is Google Search "City of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada" and check out their bylaw section. When you've read that, confirm any info by contacting the city's bylaw enforcement directly via phone or email.
I wouldn't take anyone's word from here over that of the city's bylaw info, bylaws can change in a matter of months :wink:
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL