stupid people and kittens

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 24th, 2008, 12:12 am

I just spent an hour chasing kittens.. my idiot neighbor around the block has 4 of them and two younger cats under their porch.. I was so tired that I caught one in Dawn's crate with vienna sausages that I bought at the corner store and then tried to lure the other ones in and lost the first one..

though they all came out to eat the crumbs I left when I turned away so I'm sure I can catch them eventually..

the two older ones kept hissing at the 4 babies and slinking aorund... the babies were so close, but so unsure..

argh. I was sitting on the sidewalk for over an hour.. 4 cops drove by but didn't stop and the owners of the house (who were home) never came out even though there was an odd person with sausages and a crate sitting on their front lawn/sidewalk...

Pretty sure the mom cat was a black and white cat that I saw on the side of the road... which is why I followed these guys.. can't belive how hungary they were.. gonna have to go back tomorrow...
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby iluvk9 » September 24th, 2008, 6:25 am

Good luck. I find kittens are the hardest little buggers to "catch". I usually carry cans of cat tuna in my car for such occasions. Sometimes when they hear the snap of the can open and then get a whiff, they come closer.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 24th, 2008, 9:35 pm

so I decided that I wasn't going to get greedy tonight and I caught the little black kitten tonight.. there's still two more.. a cream one with a tabby striped tail and a cream and buff one.. plus the two older black and white cats..

He's hanging out on my enclcosed porch with some litter, cat food mixed with tuna and some water till I figure out what I'm going to do with him.. he's cute.. and feral.. but definatly young enough to make into a nice house cat.. but we can't keep another cat..
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
StalkerBlueDog

Postby mnp13 » September 24th, 2008, 9:45 pm

you own your own house now. Duh.

You can have as many cats as you want!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 24th, 2008, 9:55 pm

I know.. but we already have the evil cat.. and the overly friendly slut cat.. and we're really not cat people.. we just ended up with cats.. although he is adorable.. argh.

The dogs and the cat are all sitting at the door sniffing at him.. they're all blue merle, blue tabby colored.. I told them we're not keeping him because he doesn't fit the color scheme..

just kidding.. not going to lie though, I'm happy we caught him or her first.. a black kitten with out a mom on Halloween is a reciepe for disaster..
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby amazincc » September 24th, 2008, 11:57 pm

If you can hang on to him for a week or three... we would love a kitty. :wink:

We'll have a whole house AND a fenced-in back yard to ourselves. :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 25th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Awesome. He's a neat little guy but definatly needs some work.. he's very scared of people.. curious but still scared.. He picked up the litter box training lickity split. I'm calling him Gizmo right now because he's a night owl. :)
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 25th, 2008, 5:38 pm

I keep saying he but I'm not sure yet. I haven't picked it up yet to sex it..
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Return to Rescue