Anytime / New York or Conneticut to Maryland / one dog

Posts for transport help should all go here. Please title all threads as follows:
Date, Transport start/end, number of dogs
Example:
04/25/2008, Buffalo NY / Boston MA, 4 dogs

All posts should include contact information for the transport coordinator. Please don't post your offer to help on the forum, though we'd love to know if you are helping. Be sure to post pictures from your transport legs!

Postby TheRedQueen » September 23rd, 2008, 3:16 pm

LMM wrote:Just to warn you, it will be late Thursday probably around 10ish. I am leaving a little early from work that afternoon but won't get on the road until 4.

Our regular hours stretch until at least midnight...no problem!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » September 23rd, 2008, 3:48 pm

October 9 is GREAT!!!

I'll pick her up on the way back from Enfield on the 5th. I can bring her to you in the city or meet you at the Thruway, which ever is easier for you. I can loan you a crate for the ride if you have the space, but I'll need you to bring it back with you because it's Ruby's travel crate.

I'll let my sister know.

Thank you both SOOO much!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » September 23rd, 2008, 3:50 pm

How is Alice in general? A crate may not be needed if she is a pretty cool traveler.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » September 23rd, 2008, 4:29 pm

She's generally good, she curls up in a ball and sleeps.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » September 23rd, 2008, 9:10 pm

We'll be good without the crate then :)
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » October 8th, 2008, 1:50 pm

Unfortunately, Jenn's friend had a family emergency so she is not going to be able to bring Alice to Maryland this week. So we're trying to find her a ride again!

Any help would be appreciated!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby StalkerBlueDog » October 8th, 2008, 7:44 pm

I posted to a show dog list I'm on and got this response. Sent her a reply asking where she'd be leaving from but this might be Alice's ticket down there:

"I'm leaving on Friday night for Alexandria Va. We won't arrive down there
until after midnight, but we do have to drive through Baltimore if the
folks down there don't mind a late night drop off.

Let me know if this works for you.

Kathy Helmke"
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby mnp13 » October 8th, 2008, 8:17 pm

Please give her my phone number!!!!!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby StalkerBlueDog » October 8th, 2008, 8:23 pm

She lives about an hour east of Syracuse, in Madison. Her e-mail konilambchop@juno.com and I'll give her your number.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby mnp13 » October 8th, 2008, 8:40 pm

Well, I'm driving to Utica on Friday anyway, so that just might work. Of course, we need to find out if Erin is available!!!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » October 9th, 2008, 12:01 am

I'm heading to WV early, early Saturday morning...I'm a bridesmaid...so that won't work for me, unfortunately. I can't find anyone else on short notice, I don't think. Usually a late night would be fine, but not this time.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » October 16th, 2008, 1:13 pm

Just an update...I do have a new Raiser who is willing to take in adult/adolescent dogs...so Miss Alice definitely has a place to go once she gets down to MD.

:D

ETA...Michelle, can I post this on my rescue/transport board to get a relay set up for her?

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » October 16th, 2008, 4:32 pm

PLEASE DO!!!

I'm glad you have a place ready for her! She's ready as soon as you're ready. I can drive the first leg of the transport 60-ish miles or so. Possibly farther depending on the route.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » October 16th, 2008, 6:40 pm

mnp13 wrote:PLEASE DO!!!

I'm glad you have a place ready for her! She's ready as soon as you're ready. I can drive the first leg of the transport 60-ish miles or so. Possibly farther depending on the route.

Done! I've asked for help laying out the route...separating the legs and such...so hopefully I'll have that to post soon!

TheRedQueen

Previous

Return to Transport