Zoey update

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby PITS4LIFE » March 22nd, 2006, 10:18 am

I did not like the advise I recieved from my vet or the behaviorist, they told me that she was to aggressive and needed to be put down. I said no. My dad got a hold of one of his friends who works at a vet teaching hospital the same day. My dad and I had Zoey down there the next morning. I t was a 2 hour drive. We were there all day, when he finally can out and gave us her results. They did bloodwork, physical, brain scans and imaging. Well my girl has brain tumors, and they are everywhere. My vet lied to me and didn't do crap. He said that if she would of done CT scan and things like that that she would of seen them because they are unmistakable. I seen them myself, and cried. Hold on let me get my paper.. she has Glioblastoma Multiforme. It is severe and rapid with her. She will not make it even with treatment because she is to far along. I am just so damn mad right now, I could just kill that vet. I have already called my vet and requested a printout of everything that I paid for and everything that they have done. I told them that they could either get it and give it to me or they can give it to my lawyer. She could of had a chance if that stupid vet would of really done her job. My girl is suffering. He gave me some meds to give her to help her relax and stay calm. I know I need to put her down, but I don't want to. She has been laying on my lap, ate a good steak. I just want more time, more time I DON'T HAVE.
PITS4LIFE
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » March 22nd, 2006, 10:25 am

My heart breaks for you. I am so very sorry but at least you know the truth & you know there was something causing her behaviour. I am so sorry. Please give her a big hug from me. And take a few yourself. :hug3: I am so very sorry.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » March 22nd, 2006, 10:35 am

I am so so sorry :( What a horrible thing for you and your baby.

I would definitely get ALL print outs from the vet's office. INCLUDING photocopies of the doctor's notes, the handwritten ones not the computer print outs. If they say there is a charge, don't put up a fight, just pay it. The 15 bucks will seem measley when you have their complete notes in hand. And see if their computer system allows for your complete computer history (ie: monetary transactions) to print out so prove exactly what has been done and what they have charged you for since this started.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Maryellen » March 22nd, 2006, 10:40 am

oh michele, that is heartbreaking!!!! i would ream out the vet, and take her to court.. this is horrible.. make zoey as comfortable as possible, and think very hard about what is best for her. i know you want more time, but if she has that many tumors she might want to not be in pain anymore.. its a hard hard decision to make, and i am sorry for your choices, i wish i could help you more.. zoey and you are in my prayers and heart. i wish i could do more for you.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » March 22nd, 2006, 10:43 am

That's terrible news! I am so sorry. :cry:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 22nd, 2006, 10:47 am

It sounds backwards, but I am glad that you found out that it wasn't her with the problem. The tumors were the source. Not that it makes it easier.

I'm very sorry about the diagnosis, you'll do the right thing when the time is right for both you and Zoey.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 22nd, 2006, 10:53 am

I am so sorry for you and Zoey :(

My prayers are with you both.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby pLaurent » March 22nd, 2006, 10:53 am

I am so very sorry.:( It's a relief to know that there is a physical problem and it has a name, but that doesn't change the fact that it's heartbreaking.

Your vet shouldn't get away with this. It's outrageous.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 22nd, 2006, 11:14 am

Oh Michelle, I've never even met you or Zoey but I still got tears in my eyes for you. Back in January we had to put down one of our 8 week old pups (Inara's brother), so I understand some of the pain you're going through. Like it was stated above, at least you know that it wasn't just Zoey "turning," but actually a medical problem. You'll make the right choice at the right time. Be strong, and let us know if we can help at all. :cry2:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Sue » March 22nd, 2006, 11:26 am

I am so sorry... :hug3:
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby rockermom » March 22nd, 2006, 7:04 pm

It just STINKS! Im sorry this happened. At least you know her blindness may be from tumors so maybe the puppies wont have the blindness condition then.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Hoyden » March 22nd, 2006, 7:22 pm

I am so sorry. At least you know that what is wrong now - not that it makes it any easier.

I would be FURIOUS with the vet.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Jesseca » March 22nd, 2006, 7:47 pm

That is heartbreaking. I am so sorry :cry:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 22nd, 2006, 7:51 pm

Maybe you can also get the vet to re-imburse you for what you spent on the trainer & behavoiurist. This is soo sad but at least Zoe is not at fault here. Poor baby.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby call2arms » March 22nd, 2006, 9:06 pm

I'm so sorry for you... Take the right decision, and make Zoey's last moments as comfortable as possible....
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Purple » March 22nd, 2006, 9:24 pm

How heartbreaking. Enjoy the time you have with her. I am so sorry.
Purple
I live here

Postby Jenn » March 22nd, 2006, 9:40 pm

Sorry about Zoey :( that is very sad.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Jenn » April 8th, 2006, 12:26 am

:bump: Just wondering how Zoey and all were doing, and if you had any updates?
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » April 8th, 2006, 3:46 am

This must be just awful for you, I know I would be a mess.

Go some where else when the time comes, you'll not want to be thinking about how mad you are at them. Perhaps a vet. could come to your home? A lot of them will do that.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby bullymommy » April 8th, 2006, 5:24 am

thats horrible!!!! im so so so sorry!!!!!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk