Braveheart

Postby Judy » September 17th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Forwarded to me, please crosspost and say a prayer/send positive karma for Braveheart.
Thank you.

Sent: 9/17/2008 11:24:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Braveheart's Story & Pictures, no donations needed!

This beautiful boy is all ready for a new home. The contact is Jan at jankarpel@yahoo.com and she had paid for everything needed to bring this boy to safety and make sure he's been vetted etc. I don't know much about this misunderstood breed but if there is any possibility he could get into a program being a deaf companion to someone who's world is also silent, I could honestly see them both prosper together.
If anyone knows of any programs that work with placing deaf dogs and do not discriminate breeds, this boy can go a long way. He has already proven he does have a BraveHeart.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:13 PM
Subject: Fw: Braveheart Pictures

Dear Folks,

Generally you find me crossposting and/or requesting help for other rescues or individuals. For the first time, I am asking, believe it or not, for myself.

Braveheart is a beautiful loving roly-poly deaf American Staffordshire Terrier (or "pit" in the American vulgar) who loves children, adults, cats, dogs, etc.

When he was first found in Oklahoma, he was starving and exhausted, yet would run away at the slightest hint. With perserverance and patience, animal control was able to bring him to their shelter. He so captivated the volunteer staff that they could not euthanize him.

And that's where I came in. I have paid for his vetting, and with the help of good friends and colleagues we sent him to a boarding facility in Oklahoma where he has turned into a well-fed and loving dog that has captivated his boarding staff.

I'm not looking for funds, but we have now run out of money. I am looking for either a rescue or a kind and loving individual or family to take Braveheart into their homes. If you know ASL (American Sign language that is great) but not necessary. I have placed two deaf pitties in wonderful families and they are extraordinarily intelligent. They depend upon visual facial expressions and will watch their owners intently to understand what is needed. One dog, Augustus, now merrily brings his leash and halter in his mouth to his mom when he would like to go for a walk. They rarely, if ever, bark since their world is silent.

I have thanked you all time and time again for your incredible generosity and compassion. So could you please crosspost out and have all replies sent to me: jankarpel@yahoo.com. I am blessed to have contacts across the United States, so as always, a home visit and vet reference is required. Thank you, all!

Jan

Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby LMM » September 18th, 2008, 11:20 am

Oh man, he is gorgeous! I hope he finds his forever home soon!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby nicole » September 18th, 2008, 12:17 pm

I love his name...what a handsome boy, I wish him the best.
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » September 19th, 2008, 11:24 am

THIS JUST IN!!!!!

With a full heart and gratitude to everyone, I am pleased to announce that Braveheart has been rescued.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing compared to the generosity, compassion, and love of those who rescue. You are the best of this earth, and you are an army of love that is unstoppable.

What would I do without you guys?

Thank you Thank you Thank you and Thank you.

From Braveheart and Jan

I don't know who actually did the rescueing, but I was on the email list that was looking for help.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » September 19th, 2008, 12:00 pm

GREAT news... made me smile BIG! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » September 19th, 2008, 12:44 pm

Wonderful news....
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Return to Rescue