Riggs Likes to Play with Liz

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby katiek0417 » August 30th, 2008, 3:17 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I have no idea...I believe Connor is taller/longer, but Riggs is stockier I think. I think Riggsy is about 45 lbs, not sure about Connor.

So, maybe b/c he's stockier it's harder to work him....I know that I've heard that German Shepherds can be harder to work than mals...yes, they weigh more...but also b/c they are stockier...hmmm...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Mickle » August 30th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Ooo that looked like fun!! I sooooo want to get in a suit again, I had a blast :)
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby hey21jude » September 1st, 2008, 8:01 pm

Oooo Looks like fun Liz! I have to say I'm a bit jealous, always wanted to do that.... :D
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 1st, 2008, 11:52 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I have no idea...I believe Connor is taller/longer, but Riggs is stockier I think. I think Riggsy is about 45 lbs, not sure about Connor.

Yes, Riggs is about 45 pounds. Connor is about 53.

I think Connor feels lighter because he's a lot more agile than Riggs is. The weight is still there, but with Riggs, it kind of hangs like a little brick. Connor is a much more "fluid" than the little meat head.

katiek0417 wrote:Michelle, Riggs really does look great! (oh, and I haven't seen you started to try to lose weight/work out - you look FANTASTIC)!

Thanks!

maberi wrote:I really like your anklet Michelle

Isn't it just lovely? :rolleyes2: lol

Megan Welch wrote:How is that out coming along??? :)

He's actually pretty good on a sleeve if the decoy freezes. When we are working regularly, he will sometimes out from a distance as well. The suit is much more challenging for him though. I almost had a heart attack when he outed at the DSO! It's normal for some people but I wanted to stand there and set of fireworks to celebrate! lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DemoDick » September 13th, 2008, 6:39 am

Connor is physically easier to work on a sleeve because he usually stands up tall on his hind legs while on the bite to stay up in the decoy's face. He also actively fights prety much non-stop so he's always moving in one direction or another. Riggs was started as a leg dog and tries to work with all four feet on the ground which pulls the decoy forward and makes him feel "heavier".

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Previous

Return to Sports