Killing Fields of Denver

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Mahlon » April 6th, 2006, 9:05 am

Are breed bans a form of genocide?

What's the ultimate target of breed bans? Certain types of dogs? or certain types of people?

Provocative reading. Take a look at the newest essay from Dog Politics, and think it over.

http://www.dogpolitics.com

Mahlon
Mahlon
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » April 6th, 2006, 4:49 pm

DOG POLITICS COMMENTS ON ORGANIZATION: Breed bans and breed specific ordinances are no different - they are formally created, enacted and carried out by the state as a means to eliminate specific breeds of dogs - and their human owners - from the community.

Breed bans and breed specific measures are carried out even in states where there exists, in law, a prohibition against breed specific legislation, such as California and Colorado.

Local and state legislators have found or created loopholes in the law as a means to circumvent existing laws which prohibit breed specific legislation.

That is exactly what I have dealt with in my city.

Breed Bans Aren't Just For Dogs, Are They?

Have we answered the question..... Can dogs be victims of genocide? I think we have. But the real question is..........

Are breed bans about the elimination of the breeds of dogs known as pit bulls?

Or are breed bans really about the elimination of the breeds of people that own pit bulls?

Believe it or not I folks, this is what it boils down to. Think about it.

My Mayor has said that "violent thugs and drug dealers are the only people that own those dogs". That is very close to the exact quote ifss not exact.

We really do have to attack BSL on the human level and not the dog level. It's about irresponible owners not the dogs.
Romanwild
I live here

Return to Pit Bull Talk