Greetings from a first time APBT owner.

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby WBorrelli » August 27th, 2008, 8:10 pm

I signed up for Obedience training at DOTCORNY and Michelle took one look at the picture of my families new to us puppy, and said, "yep, you got an American Pit Bull Terrier there." And then she handed me the card to pitbulltalk.com.

After a few misspellings (pittbulltalk.com, pitbultalk.com) my daughter said "ONE T, TWO Ls, SHEESH" and here I am. One would think that since I do some Unix administration I would have been more careful about the spelling.

We adopted Esmeralda Q. van der Huntin III (pronounced whontin) from the Rochester Animal Control Services on Verona Street (they called her Buddy). The pound said she was a Boxer/Mastiff mix, and as far as the Town of Gates and my home owners insurance is concerned, Ezzie is a Boxer/Mastiff mix. She is just way to sweet to give up now. And she is fast becoming one of the family. Not sure of her age, but I figure at the next class Michelle may be able to give me a better estimate.

I am slowly picking up information about the APBT breed, and the more I see the more I may be a life long owner of one. I love the way Ezzie looks, and I have personally met Ruby. And the more I see how loyal and intelligent the APBT can be (Ezzie is starting to prove that) I am truly hooked.

A boy and his dog. The wife said "you did NOT put her in your lap..." yeah, I did. :smileUp:
WBorrelli
Just Whelped

Postby LaylaWoobie » August 27th, 2008, 8:13 pm

Hi! She's beautiful, I cant wait to meet her. :wave2: Glad you decided to join!

See you in class next Monday!

Kendell & Layla
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » August 27th, 2008, 8:15 pm

More pics of that beautiful pup are mandatory, as are pics of your tattoos! :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 27th, 2008, 8:21 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » August 27th, 2008, 8:23 pm

:wave2: Hello and Welcome.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » August 27th, 2008, 8:38 pm

Welcome to PBT! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pmashaney81 » August 27th, 2008, 8:40 pm

:wave2:

Hiya!!
Judge the deed, not the breed.

Jezebelle (AmStaff/Catahoula Cur) - b. 08/05/07
Justus (AmStaff/American Bulldog) - b. 08/09/07
Shelby - (APBT) - Rescue
Evie (Chihuahua) - b. 12/24/04
Percival - Rescued Kitty of mass proportions :)
pmashaney81
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 27th, 2008, 11:41 pm

Welcome! :wave2: Can't wait to see more pics...she looks darling!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » August 27th, 2008, 11:42 pm

Hello and welcome, what a cutie :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby BigDogBuford » August 28th, 2008, 12:11 am

Hello and welcome!

I do see just a little boxerishness in her muzzle....but no Mastiff. :wink:
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby mnp13 » August 28th, 2008, 12:38 am

HELLO!

Yeah, when he said he had a mastiff mix and then said at 8 months old she was only about 35 pounds we started to doubt the shelter's assessment of her breed! One look at her cute little face and it was quite apparent what her mix probably was! She has the same cute little underbite that Ruby does.

I'm looking forward to meeting her!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BigDogBuford » August 28th, 2008, 12:43 am

Yeah, Beaumont's just under 5 months and 45lbs! I should start a pool to see how big people think he's going to be.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby amazincc » August 28th, 2008, 1:22 am

BigDogBuford wrote:Yeah, Beaumont's just under 5 months and 45lbs! I should start a pool to see how big people think he's going to be.

112.5 pounds... and do I get him if I win??? :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BigDogBuford » August 28th, 2008, 9:24 am

Sure. I'll warn you now....he thinks he's a lap dog. And when it's time to go to bed and he doesn't want to go into his crate and you have to carry him, I swear he can adjust his weight to 74lbs.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby maberi » August 28th, 2008, 11:46 am

Welcome to the forum
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby StalkerBlueDog » August 28th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Welcome! I met you monday night. I'm the curly haired woman who directed you to Michelle's torture chambers.. I mean the office.. .the first night of class.

Good luck with your pup. Michelle will help you keep your pup nice and trim (you DON'T want to join the "Michelle says my dog is fat" club) and help you with all the fun loving traits of the breed. She's the best we have at that.. which is why I put her on the schedule with out asking and she finds out she's teaching a week before her class starts.. I guess I just don't give her the option any more! lol.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby iluvk9 » August 29th, 2008, 8:46 am

Welcome to the forum! :wave2:

Your trying to find the correct spelling of the forum cracked me up. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Introductions