Puppies are 4 weeks old today!!!!!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby katiek0417 » August 27th, 2008, 5:20 am

Okay, I'm cheating a bit...these are from Sunday and yesterday:

"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby iluvk9 » August 27th, 2008, 7:30 am

How to you stand it?? One is cuter than the other!!!! Are their personalities showing yet?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Mickle » August 27th, 2008, 7:50 am

They are soooo cute Katrina!! :)
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » August 27th, 2008, 8:29 am

iluvk9 wrote:How to you stand it?? One is cuter than the other!!!! Are their personalities showing yet?

Trust me...it's hard! They are so darn cute...Every time i go out there I have to snuggle!

I'm definitely starting to see each of them come into their own. First, the big difference I see is that the malis seem to stick with the malis, and the dutchies seem to stick to the dutchies...of course, this isn't all the time...but a lot of times the dutchies will go off and fall asleep together...and malis will still be playing...

Individually, you can't tell it in this picture, but this little girl is a BITCH!! This is the same one that growled and snarled at me 2 weeks ago when I picked her up.
She was actually growling and snarling at Greg when i took this:

The dutchie female also has some of that same personality, but she's a little more laid back...

This little female is the run, but tries to act all big...she's really a little lover. When she was a couple of days old, her ear got cut (I'm still not really sure, although my assumption is that Dru stepped on her), well, I'm not sure her ear will ever stand b/c it's partially severed...so I think I have Greg convinced to let me raise her for a little while. See, there are alot of people, even in the working world, who won't buy a dog with floppy ears...but if I can raise her, and work her, and really foster her abilities, I can probably sell her later or - or donate her to a police department:

The male malis are all very dominant....I've watched them tackle each other, put each other on their backs, grab their necks and shake!

The dutchie males are much more laid back and chill...but very playful...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby madremissy » August 27th, 2008, 9:17 am

I am confused why do you say the dutchies and the malis. You mean from this litter and the last. :|
They are adorable..
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby katiek0417 » August 27th, 2008, 9:21 am

madremissy wrote:I am confused why do you say the dutchies and the malis. You mean from this litter and the last. :|
They are adorable..

The dutchies are the brindle ones in this litter...the malis are the ones with the black masks...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby madremissy » August 27th, 2008, 9:24 am

gotcha. Well they are too cute.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby SisMorphine » August 27th, 2008, 9:47 am

Awwww cute little fuzzballs.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » August 27th, 2008, 10:11 am

katiek0417 wrote:The dutchies are the brindle ones in this litter...the malis are the ones with the black masks...

Now I will plead "ignorance". The Dutchies and the Mals are from the same parents and litter, right? Just different coloring gives them a different name? :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby katiek0417 » August 27th, 2008, 10:35 am

iluvk9 wrote:
katiek0417 wrote:The dutchies are the brindle ones in this litter...the malis are the ones with the black masks...

Now I will plead "ignorance". The Dutchies and the Mals are from the same parents and litter, right? Just different coloring gives them a different name? :sad2:

Exactly...what is happening is that there is a very small number (relatively) of purebred Dutchies...and they've got mostly the same lines. This is true for the US, and even Europe where there are many more Dutchies. Well, this leads to genetic disorders, etc (like any inbreeding). So, breeders are trying to bring in Malinois (and even GSD in some cases) to mix up the lines and add some variety to the genes (mainly so that the dutchies stay a "healthy" breed like malinois; they don't want dutchies to become more like GSD - especially the American bred ones - with health problems).

And, while they're "mixed" working puppies, people in Europe refer to anything with stripes as Dutch and anything with the black mask as malinois.

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cheekymunkee » August 27th, 2008, 5:40 pm

I wondered why some of them looked brindle. VERY cute!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members