Bravo Raw Dog Food

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Maryellen » April 4th, 2006, 6:51 pm

http://www.bravorawdiet.com/

The ingredients in Bravo! Blends are:

Chicken Blend
Murray's chicken frames
Murray's skinless chicken meat
bok choy
acorn squash
romaine lettuce
chicken hearts
chicken livers
chicken gizzards
BRAVO! Chicken Blend
Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein (Min%) 16.0 %
Crude Fat (Min%) 9.0 %
Crude Fiber(Max%) .2 %
Moisture 72.0 %
Turkey Blend
turkey necks
yams
parsely
broccoli
turkey livers
turkey hearts
turkey gizzards
BRAVO! Turkey Blend
Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein (Min%) 14.2 %
Crude Fat (Min%) 5.9 %
Crude Fiber(Max%) 0.3 %
Moisture 75.1 %
Lamb Blend
grass-fed lamb breast
carrots
zucchini
romaine lettuce
lamb hearts
lamb kidneys
lamb livers
BRAVO! Lamb Blend
Guaranteed Analysis

Crude protein (Min%) 11.0%
Crude Fat (min%) 24.0%
Crude Fiber (max%) .3%
Moisture (max%) 62.0%
Beef Blend
grass-fed beef muscle meat with ground beef bone
yellow squash
celery
turnips
beef heart
beef kidney
beef liver
BRAVO! Beef Blend
Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein (Min%) 14.21 %
Crude Fat (Min%) 17.62 %
Crude Fiber(Max%) .7 %
Moisture 66.05 %
Pork Blend
Pork
Pork Ribs
Bok Choy
Acorn Squash
Romaine
Pork Hearts
Pork Liver
BRAVO! Pork Blend
Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein (Min%) 13.49 %
Crude Fat (Min%) 27.4 %
Crude Fiber(Max%) .6 %
Moisture 51.68 %

Bravo! Burgers
BRAVO! Burgers are 8-oz. patties made from Chicken Blend, Turkey Blend, Beef Blend and whole ground Rabbit. They come in 5-lb cases and are perfect for traveling or when kenneling your dog.
Bravo! Basics
BRAVO! Basics are ground raw, meaty bone products that enable you to create a raw diet for your dog. They include:
Ground Murrays Chicken Necks/Backs with and without organs
Ground Eberly's (certified organic) Chicken Necks/Frames
Ground Turkey Necks
Ground Eberly's Turkey Necks
Ground Lamb Breast (free-range, grass-fed)
Ground Ostrick Necks with Ostrich Liver
Ground Rabbit
Ground Quail
Ground Duck
Ground Elk
Bravo! Boneless
BRAVO! Boneless meats are ground meats without bone and are available in the following meats:
Beef and beef heart (Australia/New Zealand-raised, grass-fed and range-fed) animals
Buffalo (free-range, grass-fed)
Ostrich (free-range, grass-fed)
Salmon
Turkey
Venison (New Zealand-raised, grass-fed and range-fed animals )
Bravo! Bones
BRAVO! Bones are whole bones and are available in the following meats:
Murrays chicken
Turkey
Duck
Rabbit
Lamb
Beef
Pork
Veal
Buffalo
Venison
Organic, All-Natural and Grass-Fed Products
For those seeking all-natural meats, BRAVO! offers Murrays chickens in ground and whole bone varieties and ground Eberly chicken and turkey. We also offer a wide array of grass-fed, range-raised meats including beef, lamb, venison, goat, duck, quail, ostrich and buffalo.
Murray's Chickens first to be certified to use the 'Certified Humane Raised and Handled' Label
HERNDON, VA, June 28, 2004 /PRNewswire/ -- One of America's premier natural poultry companies, Murray's Chickens, will add he "Certified Humane Raised and Handled" label to its packages in July. Murray's was recently certified by Humane Farm Animal Care (HFAC) to use the "Certified Humane" label.

Murray's is the first American poultry company to become certified to use the label, which guarantees to consumers its chickens are raised under humane conditions. The 12-year-old company supplies chickens to well-known restaurants, such as OUEST, 'Cesca, the Four Seasons, and Nobu in New York City, and to many respected retailers along the Eastern Seaboard from Maine to Florida and as far west as Chicago.

"We led the industry in being first to produce an antibiotic- free chicken. We were first to have the American Heart Association seal," said Steve Gold, who oversees marketing and sales for Murray's Chickens, based in South Fallsburg, New York. "Our animals are treated humanely, and we wanted the Certified Humane label so that consumers would know about it."

Murray's Chickens are raised in the Shamokin Valley in Pennsylvania's Amish country and are never fed antibiotics, growth stimulants, pesticides or hormones.

"Our birds have spacious housing, clean air, fresh water and sanitary feeding conditions," said Gold. "We think these conditions produce the best-tasting chickens."

This claim is backed up by Murray's 2003 Gold Taste Award from the American Tasting Institute.

Certification of Murray's Chickens follows a rigorous on-site inspection by HFAC veterinarians and animal scientists. The "Certified Humane Raised and Handled" label, unveiled in May 2003, assures consumers that a meat, poultry, egg or dairy product has been produced according to HFAC's precise standards for humane farm animal treatment. Animals must receive a nutritious diet without antibiotics or hormones and must be raised with shelter, resting areas and space sufficient to support natural behavior. Sixteen companies are now certified to use the label.

"We're thrilled to have Murray's on board," said Adele Douglass, executive director of HFAC. "They have a great product and it's widely available, which means the label will be reaching many new consumers."

Retailers that carry Murray's Chickens include A&P, Publix, D'Agostino, Walbaum's, King Kullen, Foodtown, Fairway, Zabar's, Stew Leonard's and Gourmet Garage. Additional information about Murray's can be found at http://www.murrayschickens.com.

HFAC is a national nonprofit organization supported by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), regional and local animal protection organizations, foundations and individuals. More information can be found at HFAC's website, http://www.certifiedhumane.org.

Exotic Meats
BRAVO! carries a full line of exotic meats for those seeking to add variety to their pet's meals or for pets with allergies. The BRAVO! Exotic Meat package includes 2-pounds each of buffalo, elk, venison, rabbit, duck, ostrich and salmon. Exotic meats include:
Buffalo (free-range, grass-fed)
Duck (free-range, grass-fed)
Mackerel (canned)
Ostrich (free-range, grass-fed)
Rabbit
Salmon
Venison (New Zealand-raised, grass-fed and range-fed animals )
Quail (free-range, grass-fed)
Elk (primarly grass-fed)
Packaging
BRAVO! is packaged in convenient to use 1-, 2-, 5-, and 10-pound tubes. Recently, we have added patties to our product line in 8-ounce sizes. These patties are easy to use when feeding smaller dogs or when traveling. Pureed vegetables are available in 2-lb tubes for your convenience.
Guarantee
BRAVO! products are guaranteed for 100% satisfaction in the quality, integrity and wholesomeness.

Try Bravo! Your pets will cheer!

Home | Product Listing | Product Details | Retailers | FAQS
Feeding Calculator | Join our mailing list | Contact us
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » April 4th, 2006, 6:54 pm

Wally has refused Bravo each and everytime offered.

The only Bravo he will eat is the Organ Mix.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 4th, 2006, 7:14 pm

Mine love it except Samurai who will not touch any raw at all
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby concreterose » April 4th, 2006, 10:01 pm

I have been feeding it over a year now with good results. Lot's of variety, and even better still, they actually have sales! I usually load up on what's on sale. My distributor is awesome as well. If I can't afford to buy a case of something, she will do a mass email to see if anybody wants to split one.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » April 5th, 2006, 10:44 am

Keep in mind that with Bravo burgers you still need to supplement with veggies, etc.

I like Aunt Jeni's b/c it's "ready-to-eat," same with Nature's Variety and Primal (the nice thing about primal is that they actually have a feeding calculator on their website. You just type in some information, and they tell you exactly how much to feed)...

If I feed Bravo, I just mix it with some timberwolf kibble so that sacha gets everything she needs....
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Maryellen » April 5th, 2006, 7:31 pm

so bravo is not complete? is that why you add timberwolf to it? i thought raw was supposed to be more complete then dry?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 5th, 2006, 8:07 pm

Maryellen wrote:so bravo is not complete? is that why you add timberwolf to it? i thought raw was supposed to be more complete then dry?

When I talked to the rep they reccommend adding omega fatty acids like Salmon oil. Have them send you their info packet; it has a ton of great information

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby katiek0417 » April 5th, 2006, 8:19 pm

Maryellen wrote:so bravo is not complete? is that why you add timberwolf to it? i thought raw was supposed to be more complete then dry?

The pet store I go to has a "doggie nutritionist" working there. One of the reasons she does not carry as much of the Bravo was b/c it was JUST meat and bones. This was okay for some people who didn't mind supplementing but didn't want to deal with grinding bones and meat. Because a "complete" raw diet includes other things, she decided to carry more complete diets such as Primal and Aunt Jeni's (Raw Advantage is also good). With these foods you don't need to add anything. You just put it in a bowl and serve. For example, the ingredients on my Aunt Jeni's raw rabbit are:

Rabbit (contains rabbit meat and rabbit heart), winter squash, apples, celery, whole eggs, ground flax seeds, kale, collard greens, rabbit bones, rabbit liver, honey, apple cider vinegar, alfalfa meal, kelp, parsley, garlic, grapefruit seed extract.

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 5th, 2006, 8:21 pm

katiek0417 wrote:

The pet store I go to has a "doggie nutritionist" working there. One of the reasons she does not carry as much of the Bravo was b/c it was JUST meat and bones.

Bravo is not just meat and bones
Check out the Bravo Blends

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 5th, 2006, 8:27 pm

katiek0417 wrote:
Rabbit (contains rabbit meat and rabbit heart), winter squash, apples, celery, whole eggs, ground flax seeds, kale, collard greens, rabbit bones, rabbit liver, honey, apple cider vinegar, alfalfa meal, kelp, parsley, garlic, grapefruit seed extract.

That looks good

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby katiek0417 » April 5th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:
katiek0417 wrote:

That looks good

Yeah, it's great...and like I said, it's so easy to just throw it in a bowl and put it down...don't need to add anything....it's got the eggs, flax seeds, apples, honey, grapefruit seed extract, garlic....I mean...bravo blends only lists 2 or 3 veggies per mix....this has the veggies and the other stuff...

the smell takes some getting past....but it's worth it b/c of how easy it is.

Also, it's fairly reasonably priced...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Maryellen » April 5th, 2006, 9:21 pm

now, i i know there is a difference between raw and barf, and some people feel that veggies are not needed, since wolves and coyotes and the such dont eat veggies just the meat and bones..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 6th, 2006, 12:17 am

yeah there is. I have nothing against feeding vegetables & I did when I first starting feeding raw. Now I see no need to do it although I will throw them in occasionally. They ate apples last night.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CarrieH » April 6th, 2006, 9:14 am

I believe that veggies are still an important part of any type of raw food diet. Granted veggies should NOT be the majority of the food, this should be raw Bones and Meat however, in the wild wolves and coyotes will get some amount of veggie matter through whatever animal is on the menu for dinner that day(catch). They will eat the stomach matter as well as the intestinal matter where they will get the remains of what the animal has been grazing on. Also don't forget, dogs will go through periods of time where they will eat grass/roughage. So, definately feed veggies periodically. I feed a small amount of veggies every day but they are mixed w/ ground beef, eggs, etc. added to the meat and bones they are also getting at the same time. Also, don't forget to throw in liver, gizzards, etc. from time to time as well.

I'm sure you all know and/or have read the "Give your Dog a Bone" book but, have you heard of or read "Raw Meaty Bones" (can't remember the author's name, a vet nonetheless). This book is excellent a little more clinical than Billinghurst's books. Check it out.
CarrieH
Just Whelped

Postby katiek0417 » April 6th, 2006, 9:28 am

The nice thing about veggies is that it just adds some extra fiber, etc. You can also gain the same benefits by adding a spoonful of pumpkin to your dog's food....

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby concreterose » April 6th, 2006, 10:45 am

I feed the Bravo Blends and the meat and bone rools...the blends have veggies added. I don't feed a lot of veggies though, I supplement and feed kelp or alfalfa.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Return to Nutrition & Health