Thing(s) that made me happy today...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Hundilein » August 21st, 2008, 10:42 am

I took Renee walking on the trail near my house today, and she didn't yank my arm off, even when she saw a squirrel.

And, we were able to enjoy a nice breakfast with some lovely conversation with our visitors without the dogs freaking out. Hannah actually jumped in one visitor's lap...and it was a man! (I guess I need to work more on stimulus control with that particular behavior.)
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 21st, 2008, 11:35 am

I got a rather nasty burn on my leg and went to the doctor today. When she was entering the burn into the computer she had to select the type of burn from a looong list. One of the choices was...

Burn from a fire from a terrorist attack.

I kid you not. Funniest (and dumbest) thing I've seen in a while.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » August 21st, 2008, 11:37 am

oh, that's a lie. We found a dumber (and funnier) thing in an instruction manual last Thursday. "When adjusting the diaptor be careful not to stick your finger or fingernail in your eye."

Are you kidding me?

Laughing makes me happy, so these things count.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » August 21st, 2008, 11:55 am

mnp13 wrote:oh, that's a lie. We found a dumber (and funnier) thing in an instruction manual last Thursday. "When adjusting the diaptor be careful not to stick your finger or fingernail in your eye."

Are you kidding me?

Laughing makes me happy, so these things count.

We bought a "self-cleaning" broom (states so clearly on the package!) at the Dollar store. I'm still waiting for the damned thing to take a shower. >(

And what's a diaptor??? Sounds kinky.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mnp13 » August 21st, 2008, 12:00 pm

amazincc wrote:And what's a diaptor??? Sounds kinky.

It's the thing you look through on a camera.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » August 21st, 2008, 12:04 pm

I have the best job ever.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 21st, 2008, 1:49 pm

I AM SO HAPPY THAT I AM NOT INVOLVED IN ANY OF THE HOT THREADS GOING ON TODAY. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » August 21st, 2008, 1:55 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I AM SO HAPPY THAT I AM NOT INVOLVED IN ANY OF THE HOT THREADS GOING ON TODAY. :)

For once I'm happy that I am... there is an up-side to not being able to keep your mouth shut - it keeps your mind off "real life" and all the crap you gotta deal with in reality. lol

I'm also happy that my kid decided to get admitted this morning and that they're working on a diagnosis as we speak. I'm not good at dealing in "maybe's". :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » August 21st, 2008, 3:44 pm

I'm also happy that my kid decided to get admitted this morning and that they're working on a diagnosis as we speak. I'm not good at dealing in "maybe's".

That makes me happy too. Kinda.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby call2arms » August 21st, 2008, 7:41 pm

pssssst... It's a diopter, no?

ERIC LAMAZE WON GOLD ON HICKSTEAD!!!!!!!!!! I SAW IT LIVE!!! That made my day, I never tought I'd shed a tear watching the Olympics, but damn when he was doing his last course I had shivers! He was crying a bit too during the Canadian hymn...

For once they put the equestrian events on live TV...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby BullyLady » August 21st, 2008, 11:37 pm

What made me happy today? Sirius did his first blood donation today and they said he was an angel. I'm so proud of my boy I feel like I'm glowing! :mrgreen:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby airwalk » August 21st, 2008, 11:47 pm

I was able to move two beautiful, sweet Springer Spaniels to Vi today for rescue...yay two more lives headed in the right direction.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Malli » August 22nd, 2008, 4:13 am

Vi = Violet?

I thought maybe Vancouver Island, where I live :rolleyes2:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby hugapitbull » August 22nd, 2008, 6:23 pm

1.) It's Friday
2.) I'm on vacation until 9/2
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby airwalk » August 22nd, 2008, 6:27 pm

Malli wrote:Vi = Violet?

I thought maybe Vancouver Island, where I live :rolleyes2:

Yep Violet
airwalk
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » August 24th, 2008, 8:52 am

I brought Teeny to work yesterday for her first full day and everyone kept gushing about how gorgeous and sweet and well behaved she was :D Definitely made me happy yesterday, and still has me smiling this morning. :dance:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby hey21jude » August 24th, 2008, 9:53 am

SisMorphine wrote:I brought Teeny to work yesterday for her first full day and everyone kept gushing about how gorgeous and sweet and well behaved she was :D Definitely made me happy yesterday, and still has me smiling this morning. :dance:

Thats Awesome...good girl Teeny! :elephant: :elephant:
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Asta » August 24th, 2008, 1:51 pm

All of the things that have made people happy on this board makes me really happy :D I adore this thread!

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby TinaMartin » August 25th, 2008, 12:07 pm

Thats cause Teeny is an awsome dog.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 25th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Driving home from work this afternoon, all four lanes of traffic were stopped on the highway. Why did this make me happy? Because they were stopped so somebody could catch a stray dog running on the highway. The dog was on the shoulder, but all the cars stopped, and there was not one single horn honk. Nobody got impatient. So yay for good deeds!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic