Hi all..

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Cuda » April 5th, 2006, 11:42 am

Hello all.

My name is Bryan and i live in NJ about 20 min outside of NYC. Currently i own 2 PB's my new male Cuda who is just about 1yr 3mo old, and Noodles our female whos about 10yrs.

Cuda is a big (100lbs) Gottiline blue (I know I know, But i didnt know jack about BYB's and the sort until recently). He earned his CGC at 7 mo's and passed his therapy dog test at 1yr 2 wks.

Noodles is my g/f rescue pittie. Shes a snobby little bitch but we love her.

Over the years my family has all been dog people. We've owned 2 GSD's, 3 Goldens, on our 4th pittie, 2 mutts, and a husky.

Im quite happy i found this place as it seemed like all the good people were gone from "the other place" or they just werent supplying the same input they used to.

Seeya online,

Bryan
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » April 5th, 2006, 11:45 am

Welcome fellow NJerseyan!!!! what got you into the breed? got any pics of your babies???
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Cuda » April 5th, 2006, 12:16 pm

Maryellen wrote:Welcome fellow NJerseyan!!!! what got you into the breed? got any pics of your babies???

Well i first learned about the breed when i was abut 11 and my step brother happened to acquire one. He couldnt keep it where he was staying so it lived with us. He was such a loving dog i couldnt believe it.
After that i got my first female who was my little girl. She passed at 8yrs from schirrosis(sp?) of the liver.

Here some pics of Cuda as a pup

Here he is at about 5.5 mo's

Here he is at about 10 mo's

Here he is on our vacation in Cape Cod on a whale watching trip. Him and the kid never met but they were best buddies after about 2 minutes.

Ill post more in a little while as im d/ling them off my digi at the moment. going to take a while though theres alot of them.

Thanks again for the kind welcome
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Romanwild » April 5th, 2006, 12:22 pm

He's a good looking dog. I know what people say about gottiline but conformationally they are correct. Just BIG. :D :o :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 5th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Welcome!! That last picture is too cute!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 5th, 2006, 12:27 pm

Welcome! Your dog is gorgeous!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Cuda » April 5th, 2006, 12:41 pm

Thanks Bunches.. Yeah hes def. BIG!!! Im having a saddle made for him to ride him to work. Going to try to cut my fuel costs. you know the price of gas nowadays. might as well get some use out of those 45$ bags of wellness.

Still working on upping more pics. more of his recent ones anyway... Although i have been slacking on the picture taking lately so most of his stuff is at least a few months old.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » April 5th, 2006, 12:46 pm

:wave: Hello and welcome!
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » April 5th, 2006, 1:47 pm

He's so sweet looking! How'd he like whale watching? I think that Wally would probably freak out on a boat . . . then again I freak out on boats so that wouldn't help much . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Asta » April 5th, 2006, 4:23 pm

Hello and a big welcome to you and your big handsome boy :wave:
I too, am curious how he liked the whalespotting? Or was he just perfectly happy doodling around with his new best friend :) ?

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » April 5th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Welcome!! i remember you from wayne day last year!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Cuda » April 5th, 2006, 8:35 pm

Thanks again all.

As for the whale watching i think he would have enjoyed it more if there werent soo many people on board... But everytime the narrator pointed out a whale on a side of the boat everyone went running over to that side of the boat. Kepping my dogs safety first i immediatly moved him to the other side of the boat so noone would step on him by mistake incase they lost their balance from the boat rocking and moving. Other than that we had a blast.. Cape Cod is a great place to visit with your dogs. Theres a bunch of activities you can do with them including taking a small plane to nantucket. theres a few resaurants that allow dogs in the outside seating area and they even bring the dogs their own bowl of water. the place we stayed was in Hyannis Port called the Simmons Homestead Inn. while i was there at the B&B there had to be at least 8 to 10 other dogs staying there with their owners. Almost everyone was very responsible and all the dogs semmed to have fun. The owner of the place didnt mind the dogs staying in your room while you were out as long as they were civilized while in there. The only problem is that he owns like 8 cats. Most of them know to stay away from the main house though. Cuda doesnt mind cats at all so i didnt have any problems with him.

Adios for now..

Bryan
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Purple » April 5th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Hello and Welcome! Cuda is one handsome dude! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby a-bull » April 5th, 2006, 9:08 pm

I can't believe you brought him on a whale watch!! That's amazing!

He is really gorgeous, and if I were on that whale watch, I'd probably look like the kid in the picture with him, lol . . .

If you ever go to Provincetown, you can take whale watch boats out of there and alot of the restaurants don't mind outdoor dining with dogs. There are lots of pitbulls around Provincetown in the summer.

Cape Cod is pretty pitty friendly, so far.

WELCOME!! :)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 5th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Hi and welcome!

Congrats on the CGC and therapy cert! :)
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » April 5th, 2006, 9:36 pm

i met cuda last year at the wayne day event. he is a stunning dog, and has beautiful eyes.. you might want to keep him onthe slim side to protect his hips from hip displasia too.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » April 5th, 2006, 9:38 pm

awww~ he's adorable! Cuda is one of the nicknames for my pooch (short for Barracuda ~ he likes to play bite, lol )

Welcome!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Cuda » April 5th, 2006, 10:20 pm

a-bull wrote:I can't believe you brought him on a whale watch!! That's amazing!

He is really gorgeous, and if I were on that whale watch, I'd probably look like the kid in the picture with him, lol . . .

If you ever go to Provincetown, you can take whale watch boats out of there and alot of the restaurants don't mind outdoor dining with dogs. There are lots of pitbulls around Provincetown in the summer.

Cape Cod is pretty pitty friendly, so far.

WELCOME!! :)

The funny part about the kid was that his own dog was on the boat too. he had a golden but didnt seem to click as well with the golden as with Cuda.

Thats where we went out of Provincetown. i must say though that it didnt seem like many of the people were to pittie friendly. i got more dirty looks than i usually do walking him. Then again theres probably a Chit-Load more pitties here in north jersey than there are in Cape Cod.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Cuda » April 5th, 2006, 10:23 pm

Maryellen wrote:i met cuda last year at the wayne day event. he is a stunning dog, and has beautiful eyes.. you might want to keep him onthe slim side to protect his hips from hip displasia too.

Yeah ill be stepping up the training program this summer.. Didnt want to do too much with him last year becuase he was still growing soo much and soo fast. He did get to chase me on my dirt bike a few days though and loved it. This year were going to be go up the hills down the hills up the hills down the hills.

Also i have to head over to cardio-pet to get his hips x-ray'd for PennHip in a few weeks.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Cuda » April 5th, 2006, 10:24 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:awww~ he's adorable! Cuda is one of the nicknames for my pooch (short for Barracuda ~ he likes to play bite, lol )

Welcome!

Thats where Cuda came from. But more from the old Plymouth Barracuda. Im a car guy at heart. My previous pitties name was Lexxus. Had to through the extra X in there though just for Chits and giggles.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Next

Return to Introductions