Olympic Synchronised Swimsuit Controversy

Postby BigDogBuford » August 19th, 2008, 12:26 pm

This sounds like something I would get in trouble for:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?s ... &type=lgns

Synchronised swimming-Lights off for Spain

By Emma Graham-Harrison

BEIJING, Aug 19 (Reuters) - Spain’s synchronised swimmers have been banned from wearing a swimsuit with embedded waterproof lights which they had hoped would give an extra sparkle to their Olympic routine.

“It got very sophisticated because obviously the battery doesn’t last long and then we had to look at circuits and interrupters, so we have been working on it around two months with a crack team,” swimmer Andrea Fuentes said.

“It looks a bit like Christmas lights,” added the Spaniard, one half of the team that won silver at the last world championships and are favourites for a medal in Beijing.

Swimming’s world governing body, which sets swimsuit rules for a sport where sequins are almost obligatory, said the lights were an accessory but Fuentes still hoped they might back down.

“This is a very conservative sport … their excuse that is you cannot have accessories on your swimsuit, but they are sewn in. If you use those standards, sequins are a type of accessory.”
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » August 19th, 2008, 3:28 pm

Yeah, but yours would have strategically located holes as well.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Marinepits » August 19th, 2008, 3:58 pm

:spit: :lol3:

I bet those lights would look really neat, though.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » August 19th, 2008, 5:08 pm

That sounds pretty cool... I bet it looked good. :)
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Return to All the news that's fit to print