Goodbye, Rockstar...

Postby HappyChick » August 15th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Katrina, I'm so very sorry. You did the right thing setting him free. RIP Rocky.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby BritneyP » August 15th, 2008, 8:50 pm

Katrina, your post brings tears to my eyes, as I have been able to witness first hand, your love for Rocky and despite all his fear, what a sweet boy he really was.

Once again, I am very sorry. :(

Rest easy, Rockster.
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby BullyLady » August 16th, 2008, 2:41 am

Katrina, I'm here crying for you. What a hard decision it was that you had to make, and I know it's hard to be at peace with, but you truly did the right thing. Like others before me have said, you gave Rocky the best chance in the world he could ever have and when it was time you made the best decision for him that there was. I know it's hard and I'm so sorry for you. You are a brave and kind woman.

Sleep sweetly Rocky.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby DropkickPA » August 16th, 2008, 10:38 am

I'm so sorry you had to make this decision, but I think it was the right one, the unselfish one. HE is who you were thinking of, not yourself. It's so hard for us when we come tot he realization that it's OUR needs and wants we've been acting on, it hurts to say goodbye and I most definitely do not think you took the easy way out. You gave him your all, including your heart, I think this line sums it up

...and I realized that what I had just witnessed was the culmination of a life spent being afraid of everything...

It was HIM you did this for, not yourself. You gave him peace finally when you realized that nothing else ever could. You are a strong strong lady with a giant heart. RIP Rockstar.
Dropkick, Dropkid, and Agatha, of course!!
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

Postby pmashaney81 » August 16th, 2008, 1:20 pm

Sorry for you loss. :sad2:
Judge the deed, not the breed.

Jezebelle (AmStaff/Catahoula Cur) - b. 08/05/07
Justus (AmStaff/American Bulldog) - b. 08/09/07
Shelby - (APBT) - Rescue
Evie (Chihuahua) - b. 12/24/04
Percival - Rescued Kitty of mass proportions :)
pmashaney81
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby katiek0417 » August 18th, 2008, 5:23 am

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and kind words. :groupHug:

Things haven't been easy around here...I still break down in tears when I do certain things, though it's much easier now that we took his crate out (at least I don't reach down to let him out, or look in there and not see his big eyes looking back). I also got his stuff together and put it away. I ordered a really nice memorial box for his ashes and some of his stuff (collar, UKC papers, etc). Sadly, his beloved treat ball won't fit in there, but Alyssa told me to just sit one on top - which gave me the idea to have it bronzed (like they have baby shoes bronzed), so I found a company that told me they'd do it.

I can't believe how much I miss him - I still feel his presence in my house. I still feel very guilty, though people tell me that will go away with time. I keep coming up with a million reasons why I shouldn't have put him down, and I keep second guessing my decision. I think my biggest fear is that one day I'll forget him.

Anyway, thank you, again - to everyone. I am very grateful to have this board.
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby iluvk9 » August 18th, 2008, 9:02 am

You will NEVER forget him. And one day you will start to focus on the good memories and a tiny smile will come out. Time is your friend.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Hundilein » August 18th, 2008, 9:22 am

iluvk9 wrote:You will NEVER forget him. And one day you will start to focus on the good memories and a tiny smile will come out. Time is your friend.

Well said. You could never forget Rocky. It will take time for sure, but the tears will lessen and the good memories will stay strong.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 18th, 2008, 9:42 am

Heck, I won't forget Rocky...so how could you ever forget him? :|

The guilt might stay there...I don't know that it ever goes away, but it will become just that tiny, tiny section in your heart and mind...compared to the rest of your feelings. The love for Rocky, the pride in what he did accomplish, the love he gave you back, the silly things he would do...those will become stronger...and will overshadow any bit of guilt you have.

The time will come when you will just smile when you think of him, and remember his goofy smile, his way of tripping over his own feet, the ever-present treat ball (I love that idea of bronzing it, btw).

:hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby demolitionic » August 18th, 2008, 3:24 pm

Katrina, I am so sorry that I am just now seeing this. Please know that you did the right thing. You were strong enough to give him peace and restful sleep when that was the only thing that could be done - the biggest favor and single most selfless act of love one could be capable of.

We are all here for you, should you need anything we can give.

Sleep sweet, Rockstar.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Mickle » August 18th, 2008, 4:47 pm

Sorry for your loss Katrina! :(
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby lellis34 » August 19th, 2008, 12:13 am

Oh Katrina, I am so so sorry for your loss. Anything I could ever think to say has already been said. I'm thinking of you and Greg and hope your hearts will be a little lighter every day.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby madremissy » August 19th, 2008, 10:37 pm

RIP Rockstar.. :( Just remember he was on this earth for a reason and while he was here you gave him love.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby SvcDogSawyer » August 20th, 2008, 12:58 am

Sorry to hear about Rocky, we'll miss seeing him around here.
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Postby LaylaWoobie » August 20th, 2008, 11:07 am

I'm so sorry Katrina.

You wont ever forget Rocky, dont worry about that.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TinaMartin » August 20th, 2008, 2:31 pm

Sorry to just now be reading this. When you love a dog like that you dont ever forget.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby babyreba » August 21st, 2008, 12:44 pm

oh gosh, i just saw this. i'm so sorry, katrina. i know you really loved that dog.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby hey21jude » August 26th, 2008, 6:17 pm

I can't believe I missed this. I'm so sorry Katrina. I never got to meet your Rocky in person but I could tell by your posts that you loved him very much and always did everything you could for him. I know you did the right thing and soon the guilt you feel will fade. I admire your courage very much. Big hugs to you!! :hug3:
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Malli » August 27th, 2008, 3:59 am

agreed. It is an extremely selfless act to do what you did for Rocky.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby AllAmericanPUP » September 3rd, 2008, 7:30 pm

RIP Rocky, may you be free from your fear.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Previous

Return to Our Departed Friends