Harry's Disappointing Birthday

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby odnarb » April 4th, 2006, 10:29 pm

I'm so glad to have my little monster!

I had Harry out to potty out in front of my Ghetto-Fabulous apartment. I heard some fighting, which is nothing new, it's constant in this neighborhood.

Harry was carefully choosing his spot to pee, it's a big decision, you know. We walked down the sidewalk, with Harry sniffing every tuft of grass, looking for that perfect place to leave his signature. I noticed that the fighting couple were very close to us. A man screaming at a woman near a car parked on the side of the street. Another lover's spat, I figured.

Then, the guy pushed the woman HARD. When she got back up, he did it again. Then he pulled back his sleeves, and said he was going to beat her in front of everybody there. That was when Harry and I quickly made our way in that direction.

The guy looked up and saw us coming. I don't know if we affected his decision on how to procede at that point, but he jumped in his car and drove away. I asked the lady if she was OK, and she ran down the street :(

Bummer, getting a real bite would have been a hell of a birthday gift.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby ellie@ny » April 4th, 2006, 10:46 pm

:bday: :bigGift: :beerChug: :bday2:

"Bummer, getting a real bite would have been a hell of a birthday gift." :ROFL2:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » April 5th, 2006, 12:56 am

:bigGift: :bday: :bigGift:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 5th, 2006, 7:21 am

I'm glad that you stepped in.... too many people just ignore situations like that
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Romanwild » April 5th, 2006, 7:26 am

Nice work!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » April 5th, 2006, 7:45 am

Jeez!!! What a scary situation. I hope that woman was okay :(
Glad you stepped in.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 5th, 2006, 8:06 am

Good for you for helping!
And Happy Birthday Harry - wish you'd gotten to bite a butt-cheek!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » April 5th, 2006, 9:16 am

Happy Birthday Harry dog!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby odnarb » April 5th, 2006, 9:21 am

Patch O' Pits wrote:I'm glad that you stepped in.... too many people just ignore situations like that

I actually thought about what would happen if it turned into an altercation and Harry didn't do anything. Fortunately, I took some boxing a few years ago, and I have quite the left hook. I couldn't just stand there and watch that, and I could probably take care of myself better than she was doing.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » April 5th, 2006, 12:20 pm

hooray Harry :) I'd say that was a pretty good birthday!!
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Kangas Mommy » April 6th, 2006, 10:09 am

Awesome job you two! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANDSOME HARRY!!! :)
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby odnarb » April 8th, 2006, 12:50 am

LOL, my apartment complex SUCKS! This happened the same day as as the incident I posted about.

http://www.kgw.com/keepingkidssafe/stories/kgw_040406_news_gresham_attempted_abduction.2f3d762.html

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

2 kids say man tried to kidnap them in Gresham

04:54 PM PDT on Tuesday, April 4, 2006
By ANTONIA GIEDWOYN, kgw.com Staff

GRESHAM – Two children told police a man driving a van tried to kidnap them from a bus stop outside an apartment complex, Gresham officers said Tuesday.

The alleged attempted abductions occurred about 7 a.m. Tuesday outside the Village Court Apartments, located in the 17800 block of NE Oregon Street, said officer Grant McCormick with the Gresham Police Department.

Officers talked with a girl who said a Hispanic man pulled up in a white van, opened the driver’s door and reached toward her.

She said she screamed and the man drove off.

An 11-year-old boy who allegedly witnessed the incident told police he saw the van return to the scene moments later.

“The boy then walked up to the vehicle to get a look at the driver, when the subject came out of the van and grabbed the boy’s arm,” McCormick said.

The boy was able to pull away and the man again fled the area, according to McCormick.

Police searched the neighborhood and checked with nearby businesses for video surveillance but didn’t find the suspect, who was described as a 50-year-old unshaven Hispanic man with a mustache. He was wearing a black baseball cap, a long-sleeved green shirt and sweat pants.

The van he was driving was described as white with black stripes on the side and “Grand Am” printed on the back of the vehicle and underlined with a black stripe.

Authorities ask that anyone with information about the incident or vehicle call the Gresham police tip line at (503) 618-2719.

Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Return to Off-Topic