Dog Bite Photos **Warning For Slightly Graphic Grossness

Postby BigDogBuford » August 15th, 2008, 4:57 pm

So here is my arm. As soon as it happened I popped 800mg of ibuprophin and started icing it. the bruising is starting now so I assume it will turn pretty colors in the next couple of days. It could have been so much worse! They were debating whether to stitch up the one puncture, but I asked them not to. I think it's better to leave it open and let it drain. Hurts like the dickens.

~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Marinepits » August 15th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Jesus, Kat! :shock: I am SO glad you are okay and that it wasn't any worse!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » August 15th, 2008, 5:12 pm

YOUCH!!!!! Wow you're being far more of a trooper than I am. I was a whiny baby when the Collie nailed me in the gut the other week and it was absolutely NOTHING like that. You keep popping that valium, honey!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby maberi » August 15th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Very impressive. The one wound that is open a bit I would leave alone. When I had a bite last year I had about 4 wounds of that size and they stitched up all 4. Within 2 days I spent the night in the ER on an IV because a nasty infection set in.

I assume you are on antibiotics and they gave you a tetanus if you hadn't had one in a few years? If you haven't seen a dr. I would. They can also scrub the wounds to help prevent any infection

The first day of the bite it hurt a LOT. I didn't really find anything to help the pain but it did go away after about a day
Last edited by maberi on August 15th, 2008, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby iluvk9 » August 15th, 2008, 5:21 pm

Yikes. :shock:

I read your story and now seeing the bite, I would personally have a difficult time around that dog.

When Astro was snapping at us, it was just that. Four snaps sort of at your hand, but also in the air. You look like you got mauled. :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » August 15th, 2008, 5:24 pm

I've had a couple of nasty bite/punctures...and I've never had them stitched...though they did put a drain in one, just for a few days. Closing up...never heard good things with that.

:nono:

Poor you...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » August 15th, 2008, 5:28 pm

maberi wrote:Very impressive. The one wound that is open a bit I would leave alone. When I had a bite last year I had about 4 wounds of that size and they stitched up all 4. Within 2 days I spent the night in the ER on an IV because a nasty infection set in.

I assume you are an antibiotics and they gave you a tetanus if you hadn't had one in a few years? If you haven't seen a dr. I would. They can also scrub the wounds to help prevent any infection

The first day of the bite it hurt a LOT. I didn't really find anything to help the pain but it did go away after about a day

Yeah, I asked them to leave it open and I'm on Amoxi for 10 days. And yes, I'm sporting a brand new tetanus shot. My lucky day!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby BigDogBuford » August 15th, 2008, 5:30 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Yikes. :shock:

I read your story and now seeing the bite, I would personally have a difficult time around that dog.

When Astro was snapping at us, it was just that. Four snaps sort of at your hand, but also in the air. You look like you got mauled. :sad2:

The dog has been removed from our kennel to one that he can spend his 10 day quarantine at. The owners should be home right about then.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby maberi » August 15th, 2008, 5:30 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Yeah, I asked them to leave it open and I'm on Amoxi for 10 days. And yes, I'm sporting a brand new tetanus shot. My lucky day!

And you will be sporting a nice scar to show off to everyone in no time. They make for great conversations pieces :wink:

Hope you feel better. I even tried Vodka that night, and nothing helped with the pain :|
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby gayrghts » August 15th, 2008, 5:33 pm

The large one.... by the wrist... i'd be very careful of.... if that starts to swell etc... and if they start to swell, turn red, start a fever etc.... you need to respond rather quickly and get antibiotics for them, before you end up with a septic joint in the wrist....

I also agree.... not to close puncture wounds or bites.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » August 15th, 2008, 5:35 pm

gayrghts wrote:The large one.... by the wrist... i'd be very careful of.... if that starts to swell etc... and if they start to swell, turn red, start a fever etc.... you need to respond rather quickly and get antibiotics for them, before you end up with a septic joint in the wrist....

I've got ab's (Amoxi) and started them today.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby gayrghts » August 15th, 2008, 5:46 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
gayrghts wrote:The large one.... by the wrist... i'd be very careful of.... if that starts to swell etc... and if they start to swell, turn red, start a fever etc.... you need to respond rather quickly and get antibiotics for them, before you end up with a septic joint in the wrist....

I've got ab's (Amoxi) and started them today.

Good, but even with ab's.... infection can occur, if they are not the right ab for the right germs....

so please keep an eye on it....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 15th, 2008, 5:53 pm

Ouch! I hope you don't have any shows coming up too soon... :shock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby BigDogBuford » August 15th, 2008, 5:57 pm

gayrghts wrote:Good, but even with ab's.... infection can occur, if they are not the right ab for the right germs....

so please keep an eye on it....

I'm allergic to every single ab except Amoxi so let's pray it works! I'll def keep a close eye on it.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby BigDogBuford » August 15th, 2008, 5:58 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Ouch! I hope you don't have any shows coming up too soon... :shock:

I was supposed to pick up at the Pink Door tomorrow, but I'll just go in and do the music and Polly is going to pick up. There's a creepy circus show in town (no animals) and I'd love to show my dog bite off at. They'd think I was pretty cool. Weirdos.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby cheekymunkee » August 15th, 2008, 7:06 pm

OUCH!!! Never EVER close a dog bite. My friend Jamie had to have surgery to clean out his wound because the idiot in the ER stitched it, it got infected that same night & his face swelled up like a balloon!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CinderDee » August 15th, 2008, 7:16 pm

That looks painful. :( Feel better soon, Kat!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Malli » August 15th, 2008, 8:48 pm

:wave2: link to the thread of what happened, please? :)

ouch Kat (thats your name, right? :) )
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Hundilein » August 15th, 2008, 8:52 pm

Malli wrote: :wave2: link to the thread of what happened, please? :)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25539
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby airwalk » August 15th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Haven't read the story yet..will do that next..but Kat .. ouchie baby! That one had to hurt something serious.
airwalk
I live here

Next

Return to Two Legged Family Members