OT- another goodbye.. a friend died today...

Postby StalkerBlueDog » August 13th, 2008, 8:22 pm

I'm just numb and trying to figure out what to do with my next 1/2 an hour.. so I was checking the board and thought I'd turn to some dog people to rant and be numb with...

I just got home from work and was packing to move to our new house that we're closing on on Friday.. only to be met with the story that a good friend was killed last night..

I am a karaoke freak.. not going to lie.. love singing.. always have. Found a great karaoke night at a bar in the city that combined great singers and karaoke a couple of years ago.. and it was just fun. It was a little dive bar that also happened to be a gay bar.. but no one cared there that I wasn't . I just wanted to sing and hang out with friends from work for happy hour on tuesdays when I worked in the city.. and oddly enough this isn't a "my friend was gay and got killed in a hate crime" story...

Chad was always there on tuesday and really had a future in music. He was only 22 and had a smile that just drew you in and an amazing voice. He didn't judge.. didn't care if you were gay, straight, bi, yellow, orange, purple.. sang horribly or could make a record.. he was always there smiling and encouraging people...

and he was killed last night.. there was a fight on karaoke night (which is extremely unheard of there).. and the parties involved went to the parking lot to yell at each other. My friend Chad went out to try to smooth things out and get everyone to come back in to just have a good time.. and stop fighting was killed in a horrible accident.

A woman, who no one seems to know, was some how involved in the fight, and got into a car and then ran over 5 people in the parking lot that were involved in this fight killing Chad and injuring the other 4.

It just figures he was trying to stop senseless violence and someone kills him.

The police officer on the news says he's never seen a homocide/alleged homocide with a car that was of this magnitude..

I'm going to a vigil tonight. I'm still just kind of numb....I'm just sad such a happy spirit died in a parking lot...

Even though I didn't spend every day with him.. and I wasn't his best friend.. I was still touched by his kindness every week watching him interact with people..

Thanks for letting me rant..
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby iluvk9 » August 13th, 2008, 8:24 pm

Oh my goodnesss...I am so sorry. Chad was such a young man. :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Jesus! :shock:

I am so sorry. Poor Chad. :sad2:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BigDogBuford » August 13th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Dear lord that's terrible!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 13th, 2008, 8:27 pm

How horrible. :nono:

RIP Chad...
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » August 13th, 2008, 8:27 pm

I'm so sorry. :(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby StalkerBlueDog » August 13th, 2008, 8:28 pm

Just realized I put this in the wrong topic/place.. I'm sorry Michelle.. kinda hard to see right now.. glasses and tears make for a hazy prism mess when it comes to seeing...
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
StalkerBlueDog

Postby amazincc » August 13th, 2008, 8:35 pm

I am very sorry. :cry:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby LMM » August 13th, 2008, 8:35 pm

OMG :shock: I was just reading about this in the D&C towards the end of work. My condolences :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby HappyChick » August 13th, 2008, 9:20 pm

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. It sounds like he was a really special person.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Hundilein » August 13th, 2008, 9:33 pm

How awful! Hugs to you, and all the other people whose lives Chad touched.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » August 13th, 2008, 10:57 pm

I am soo sorry.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby StalkerBlueDog » August 14th, 2008, 9:51 am

Thanks to everyone. I spoke to the owner of the bar last night and the person didn't even have any alcohol in her system.. and the bartender says there wasn't a noticable fight in the bar.. so no one really knows what happened.. which just makes it more senseless..

A woman who lives acrossed the street and has MS and walks with a cane/rides a scooter stoped the car from hitting more people by grabbing an axe out of her neighbors yard when she heard the screams and putting it through part of the windshield which must have snapped the driver out of what ever place she was in and she stopped the car. The cop that I talked to at the vigil last night says she probably would have kept going and hit more people if she hadn't acted...

Luckily the other 4 people are going to be ok and will be able to testify as to what actually happened at this woman's trial...

Just so stupid...
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby muse » August 14th, 2008, 2:00 pm

Im so sorry, thats horrible! What an amazing neighbor though, thats bravery.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby maberi » August 14th, 2008, 2:00 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Jill

I just read about this in the paper today
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby lellis34 » August 14th, 2008, 2:33 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. While it's little consolation, hopefully justice will be done.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby gayrghts » August 18th, 2008, 11:20 pm

Reception of Remembrance
Written by Scott Fearing
Sunday, 17 August 2008
The tragic incident outside of Nasty D's on August 12, has left family, friends and community members alike grieving over the loss and injuries.

The family of Chad Coleman, the young man who lost his life in the incident asked the Gay Alliance to help coordinate an opportunity for family, friends and community members to gather together in this time of need.

Following the funeral and interment the Gay Alliance, and members of the Interfaith Advocates for LGBT People invite family, friends, LGBT community members and allies to attend a reception. Food will be provided.

Reception Details:
Tuesday, August 19
REVISED TIME: 3:00pm - 5:00 pm
Apollo Hall, lower level Auditorium Center
875 E Main St Rochester NY 14619
(Ample parking behind Auditorium Theatre on Prince Street)

The repast is being organized by the member congregations of Interfaith Advocates for LGBT People.

__._,_.___
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby aophoto » September 5th, 2008, 7:03 pm

The driver was charged with second degree murder today. Justice has been served, which may be of some consolation to the family. RIP Chad.

http://democratandchronicle.com/article ... 1/80905066
"The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly." - John McCain

Yes, we did America.
aophoto
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » September 6th, 2008, 12:24 am

Justice won't be served until there is a conviction... but hopefully that will be next.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby gmorales » September 9th, 2008, 1:08 am

I am so sorry for your loss, such a waste of life for someone so young. so senseless....
Cyclops Mama

Pookie - 7 yr.old F-cat runs the home with an iron paw
Cyclops - Pitbull: My little boy
Hercules:1 1/2 yr. old rott; Daddys boy
Spider:1 1/2 yr old feline thinks he is a dog
"What lies behind us & what lies before us are tiny
matters compared to what lies within us."
gmorales
Just Whelped

Return to Our Departed Friends