Henry Update with Pics

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2008, 8:53 am

Henry seems to be fitting in well. Here he is, enjoying his millet treat:

He nows takes millet out of my hand, but still hasn't ventured onto my fingers. Patience and baby steps, I guess.

He still screams at the dogs when they get silly and start wrestling around, but they ignore him now. That irritates Henry and makes him scream more, LOL.

Henry has switched over to eating pellets instead of seed and loves celery and lettuce. He's not too fond of peanut butter and was rather peeved that I put some on his Nutri-berry treats.

He LOVES his toys and plays all day long. His new favorite is a bunch of paper curls -- he shreds them and tosses the pieces all over his cage. He likes to bob his head up and down, then ring his bells. He also races back and forth on his rope perches for minutes at a time.

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » August 13th, 2008, 9:34 am

What a happy guy...that's wonderful!

His cage looks like my small animal cages...full of fun things to play with and climb on!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2008, 9:44 am

He has more toys than the dogs, LOL. :oops:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby nicole » August 13th, 2008, 9:51 am

what a comedian...yelling at the dogs!! I love his "eyelashes" :D
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » August 13th, 2008, 4:46 pm

birds are so weird :crazy2:

He looks happy :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2008, 4:50 pm

They ARE weird! :noWay:

He was hanging upside down on one of his bells this afternoon and flapping his wings -- that made him spin in circles! He was making me dizzy! :crazy2:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » August 13th, 2008, 5:00 pm

He is cute, does he bite?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 13th, 2008, 5:13 pm

His colors are just so striking!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » August 13th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Marinepits wrote:They ARE weird! :noWay:

He was hanging upside down on one of his bells this afternoon and flapping his wings -- that made him spin in circles! He was making me dizzy! :crazy2:

I know, you're like, "what are you thinking?!"

He looks very healthy Jen, nice seer, shiny beak :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Jenn wrote:He is cute, does he bite?

Not yet, LOL. :shock:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Malli wrote:He looks very healthy Jen, nice seer, shiny beak :)

Cool! I thought he looks healthy, but I have no comparison. I'm bringing him for a wellness check next week and the avian vet actually works part-time at the Bronx Zoo. Should be a VERY interesting appointment! :clap:

Malli, do you get a lot of birds at your practice?
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » August 13th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Marinepits wrote:

Cool! I thought he looks healthy, but I have no comparison. I'm bringing him for a wellness check next week and the avian vet actually works part-time at the Bronx Zoo. Should be a VERY interesting appointment! :clap:

Oooh you're gonna be labeled as a crazy bird lady!!

When I worked for the vet hospital that saw exotics the only owners we dreaded more than the Rat Owners were the Crazy Bird Ladies. lol
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2008, 6:25 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Oooh you're gonna be labeled as a crazy bird lady!!

When I worked for the vet hospital that saw exotics the only owners we dreaded more than the Rat Owners were the Crazy Bird Ladies. lol

LMAO Those rat owners can be WEIRD, yo. :crazy2:

If I get TOO crazy, CP me. :lol3:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » August 14th, 2008, 2:37 am

He is very cute... I have a huge empty bird cage in my living room... I want. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Malli » August 14th, 2008, 6:13 am

Marinepits wrote:

Not really. Lol the staff (including the doctors) all cringe, actually :lol3: Often I know more about each individual species then the Vet on; they know the inner workings but not each kind of bird :giggle:
But, I did work with a LOT of Budgies years ago when I worked at a pet store. Like tons.

Try getting him to step on to your one hand while you lure him with millet on the far side of it ;)
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members