FNF Flyball Brags

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby StalkerBlueDog » August 11th, 2008, 11:55 am

There's going to be some other brags I'm sure from this tourny. It was great to meet a bunch of people from the list.

Dawn did some single dog racing on Friday but I had to work so I wasn't able to be there the whole weekend.. my sister was though and ran her blue sheltie boy Blaze who finished his FDCH title. But that wasn't the exciting part of the weekend. She also started our familiy project dog Zack in Flyball.

Zack is a Rottie that's technically my brother's dog but we all had a hand in puting titles on him (Greg started his training, I put his UKC CD on him, and Brie put his Rally titles on him) much to the shock and awe of his breeder, who thought that we should not even bother trying with such an "out of control" dog..in fact we should get rid of him (yup- actual comment from his breeder)

Well.. we sure showed her!

He started flyball this weekend and got his first flyball title (FD) and is so close to getting his FDX at 8 years old! Now 8 may not seem that old to some of you but he's out lived all of his littermates. . and flyball is quite a fast paced sport for an old boy, but he kept up and just had a grand old time yesterday.

He also got the honor of being a member of the "Green Team" which was a team of dogs chosen by vote that have been only running since October. I heard there was alot of cheering and support for his achievements this weekend as a vet just starting out. We're all so proud of this boy and he seems to be having a blast!

He really is a success story. He proves you should never give up on a dog that you truly believe in! Hopefully Michelle got some great pictures of him and we'll be able to share one of our greying old man with you. :mrgreen:
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby maberi » August 11th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Dawn did REALLY well this weekend with both of her dogs and I sure got a kick out of watching Zack race. He ran on the veterans team and actually looked like he has been doing flyball for years :wink:

Your sister is a fantastic trainer!!
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » August 11th, 2008, 12:44 pm

way to go Zack! :dance:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby StalkerBlueDog » August 11th, 2008, 12:52 pm

Holy Heck... Dawn has dogs now!? :o ... she didn't discuss this with me! What breeds are they? Did she pick up some of Monica's crazy min aussie/staffy bull cross pups while I was working with out telling me or a did you give her some rescue pits? Well at least they do flyball already.. :dogRun:

Sister's name is Brie- Dog's name is Dawn.. You just sounded like my mom yelling at someone. She always gets the dogs and kids names mixed up.

Thanks though. She works hard with her boys.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby maberi » August 11th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Ha, i knew this :D

20 hours of barking dogs at flyball combined with a terrible cold has friend my brain :wink:

StalkerBlueDog wrote:Holy Heck... Dawn has dogs now!? :o ... she didn't discuss this with me! What breeds are they? Did she pick up some of Monica's crazy min aussie/staffy bull cross pups while I was working with out telling me or a did you give her some rescue pits? Well at least they do flyball already.. :dogRun:

Sister's name is Brie- Dog's name is Dawn.. You just sounded like my mom yelling at someone. She always gets the dogs and kids names mixed up.

Thanks though. She works hard with her boys.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 11th, 2008, 1:04 pm

:rock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Hundilein » August 11th, 2008, 1:31 pm

Way to go everyone!!! I hope we'll get to see some pictures at some point.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 11th, 2008, 5:02 pm

What a fun tournament...it was great to meet so many PBT'ers...all in one spot. :D

My brag for the weekend is that my brown puppy actually turned in his best time yet...a 4.4 second run...:clap: I'm so proud of him!

Earl ran with us...and was awesome...he ran start for the first time, and he and Matt handled it like old pros. :mrgreen: I also got to see the infamous Riggs run flyball on Sat. night (nice job Riggs!) and got to meet him...though he could only think of tennis balls. ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » August 11th, 2008, 5:36 pm

:clap: Congrats everyone!

NOW, who has the photos??
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » August 11th, 2008, 5:37 pm

Ummm...that would be Michelle...the lady with the camera as everyone seemed to call her. :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Sports