Guess what I got?

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Jenn » July 29th, 2008, 9:46 pm

Good to hear Joyce. Harley taking a liking to him yet?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Judy » July 29th, 2008, 9:58 pm

Welcome, Astro :wave2:
Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby HappyChick » July 29th, 2008, 11:42 pm

Fabulous to see Astro is doing better! You're an awesome doggie Mom!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 30th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Jenn wrote:Good to hear Joyce. Harley taking a liking to him yet?

Not even close. :| They can stand near each other, but Harley will not give him eye contact. The minute Astro comes over to do the sniff test, Harley's back goes up, he lunges and snaps, then walks away in a huff.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » July 30th, 2008, 4:42 pm

I'm actually surprised that Truman and Astro get along so well, somehow I thought he would be jelous... :|
Maybe Harley is the jelous one?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » July 30th, 2008, 7:36 pm

Malli wrote:I'm actually surprised that Truman and Astro get along so well, somehow I thought he would be jelous... :|
Maybe Harley is the jelous one?

I think that is it, actually. Truman is just a goofy guy who has no clue. Harleybird always overthinks situations. He was miffed when Truman arrived, too.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » July 31st, 2008, 4:57 am

maybe Harley would be happy if he got some extra you time?
Everyone else in your "pack" seems like middle-of-the-road dogs except Harley, maybe he would be happier if you put him below you in "pack order" and then everyone else :| Just thinking out loud here, what does everyone else think? There has to be a way to make Harley see that he is still important. Joyce, I know he is special to you, with your long walks :) Is there something else like that that you can give him to make him more secure?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » July 31st, 2008, 12:41 pm

I will work on this, thanks. :) I can take him outside alone and play fetch, his favorite game. I can also let him follow me upstairs, as he is always attached to my hip, but I have a baby gate so the upstairs stays sort of dog-fur-free.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » August 10th, 2008, 12:52 pm

More good news....I don't have my computer (have I mentioned this enough times yet???) so I can't show you the video, but...

HARLEY AND ASTRO NOW PLAY!!!

Harley will even roll on his back. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I had my water bucket and stick ready for any fight...but they were wagging tails a little and rolling around. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BullyLady » August 10th, 2008, 1:08 pm

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!! That's awesome!!!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 10th, 2008, 1:12 pm

Did you have on your catcher's outfit along with the stick and water bucket? Joyce, your neighbors must adore you. :giggle:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » August 11th, 2008, 11:50 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Did you have on your catcher's outfit along with the stick and water bucket? Joyce, your neighbors must adore you. :giggle:

No, we have graduated from the catcher's mask around Astro, but I still don't put any important body parts near his mouth.

And I have high fences and lots of trees, so my neighbors just think I am a "regular person". 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » August 11th, 2008, 5:47 pm

That's great, I'm sure it was nice to see. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby BullyLady » August 11th, 2008, 11:36 pm

iluvk9 wrote:And I have high fences and lots of trees, so my neighbors just think I am a "regular person". 8)

Little do they know..... :giggle:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby airwalk » August 12th, 2008, 9:46 am

BullyLady wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:And I have high fences and lots of trees, so my neighbors just think I am a "regular person". 8)

Little do they know..... :giggle:

I agree..Joyce somehow the visual of you...with bucket, stick, leather gardening gloves, catchers mask...I don't know maybe just me...but it strikes me as particularly funny.
airwalk
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » August 12th, 2008, 9:58 am

Well, I think I look great in my gear. Of course, I am naked... :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » August 12th, 2008, 5:22 pm

so did the extra you time for Harley work? Or did he just decide on his own?
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » August 12th, 2008, 6:20 pm

Malli wrote:so did the extra you time for Harley work? Or did he just decide on his own?

I hadn't been walking with him because I hate the humidity. I started our 5 mile daily walks. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » August 13th, 2008, 5:33 am

:clap:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » November 1st, 2008, 7:43 pm

Update on Astro! :dance:

I think he is feeling like one of the family now. He follows all the routines I have for the others, no more snarky episodes and he nuzzles my hand when he wants attention. He is allowed to come upstairs at night now, and sleeps on the floor. :)

I have had my son/GF take care of the dogs on occasion, and they have not had any problems either.

He gets along better with Harleybird and still gets put in his place by Darlene Linguine.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members