I am new, please help me!!!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby sammyzgirl » August 9th, 2008, 10:19 am

I have a three year old adorable pit bull. He is my best friend. He is loving, funny, but is not so people friendly. I keep him leashed and walk him in a desolate area. I have very little property so I have a stake outside my door where he can go for short periods,( the longest he is outside there is 3 minutes)
Yesterday, I came home form work and he wanted to go outside, so I hooked him up and left the door open. Within thirty seconds he was free and bit my next door neighbor. There is a six foot fence that seaparates our property, but no gate on my side, that is why I have him tied to a stake. Somehow the clip rusted open, and he hates this neighbor, because every time he sees him through the fence he has a very foul tone, cursing at him. My dog cant see him and just sees a shadow through the fence which frightens him, and he goes crazy. In the past when I hear him coming I scoot my dog back into the house. Yesterday my worst nightmare happened the clasp got loose and my dog ran to him. He sustained a puncture on his wrist and a few scratches. I ran out and my dog submitted immediately, running back into the house. They called an ambulance and the police came. The cops didnt say much, checked the area and recommended I get a gate, which I will. They said they might not call animal control, because the dog did not show aggression after I yelled at him.It was clearly an accident.
Well my neighbors are fairly new, and very weird. They hate me form there first day, putting up this big fence, ( this was before I had the dog.) They dont work, and I think they are now losing the house.
The woman hates me because the first week they moved in, her mail was coming to my house and it was snowing so I brought it in and saw her two days later, and gave it to her. She had a fit and since then hasnt spoken to me, aside from screaming comments from her porch on stupid things. I ignore her because she is much younger than me and immature. We are four feet apart in a beach community where the houses are all very close. What can happen to my pit? I am so upset, I havent slept or eaten.
I tried to comfort this man, offered to take him to the hospital, but he was mean and sarcastic. Last night I saw him on the deck, and tried to speak to him, but he put his head down, and refused to talk to me. I asked him again How are you? and then he replied " we will see tommorow" in a mean voice, the other guy that lives there just screamed out " oh Fantastic" real sarcastic. What can I do? What can they do?
sammyzgirl
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » August 9th, 2008, 11:38 am

Hello! :dance:

There are many people who could give you ideas on what to do, but first you will have to be approved to post on the forum in other sections. To do that, tell us about yourself a little more.

After Admin/Mods let you in, you can repost this in the training section. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » August 9th, 2008, 11:38 am

First off welcome to the board and I'm sorry you had to join under such awful circumstances.

Now you asked "What can they do?" Sue you for all your worh, have vicious dog restrictions put on your dog, and worst case scenario have your dog put down. Hopefully these people will not take it out on the breed as a whole because then you will also be faced with angry bully breed owners in your town who will be slapped with BSL because your dog bit someone.

What can you do? Get a damn good lawyer! It doesn't sound like your neighbors are going to just let this one go.

I sure hope that if you have a dog who has issues with humans that you have been working with a behaviorist or trainer on these issues, and you can have them write a letter regarding the steps you've taken in training. If not you need to call someon ASAP, though frankly I'm sure it's too late now for it to matter much legally, but at least it'll show that you're making an effort to keep your dog safely NOW even if you haven't in the past. You also need to call and have the rest of the fence put up on your property and only bring your dog out on a leash that is attached to you.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby katiek0417 » August 9th, 2008, 2:51 pm

Welcome to the board, though I'm sorry that it's under such poor circumstances...

I agree with everything Alyssa (SisMorphine) had to say. I wish I could tell you that nothing will happen...but I think you need to be prepared for the worst.
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cheekymunkee » August 9th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Hello & welcome. PLEASE tell us a bit more about yourself so I can approve you to post in other sections. Then you can post & paste your story in the main section of the board where you will get more help. Not every one reads the intros.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby amazincc » August 9th, 2008, 8:54 pm

Welcome to PBT!

PLEASE follow Cheeky's instructions so you can post on the rest of the forum... I have a dog like you who isn't fond of people, and I will do everything I can to help you w/yours. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 9th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Welcome! And I will ditto what everbody else said.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Introductions