Wally

Postby Patch O' Pits » August 6th, 2008, 1:00 pm

Hugs tears prayers and my sincere condolences.

I hate reading these type of threads but what a wonderful tribute to a fantastic dog! Though I never met you I know you in my heart...

Run hard and play free ...

:sad2:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby BritneyP » August 6th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Wally,

I am so so greatful to have been graced with your presence in person. You touched myself and so many others with your noble spirit. What a wise old man you are. I really appreciate the love you gave your mother, I think it's helped her in more ways than you will ever know.

I'll miss you Wall-man. :hug3:

Britney
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » August 6th, 2008, 3:16 pm

Oh Wally... I know what a special dog you were, and that your unique and loving soul will be with your mom always. Hugs to you, Alyssa. And Wally, run free!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby babyreba » August 6th, 2008, 3:29 pm

aw man, alyssa. i'm so sorry. rest well, wally.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Favorite Kitty » August 6th, 2008, 3:59 pm

I'm so sorry Alyssa. I know there isnt anything I can say to help you feel better, but please know that I'm sending you a hug from here. He was a special guy. Even though he is gone I will always think about him, as I have since I first "met" him online.
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby Judy » August 6th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Buster and I had the privledge of meeting Wally several years ago. (oh and we met Lys too :wave2: )

Wally was quite the gentleman. I think Bussie tried to hump on him, and Mr. Wally gave Bussie this look like "EXCUUSE me, pit bull" It was the FUNNIEST LOOK EVER!!! Mr. Wally knew he was the best and knew he had the best life with Lys.
Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » August 6th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Thank you everyone. So so much.
People have asked what they can do to help. In lieu of flowers or whatever, I ask that you send a donation to:

AMAZING GREYZ, INC.
Greyhound Adoption
P.O. Box 387
Sheldonville, MA 02070
http://www.amazing-greyz.org

They are a newer, fantastic rescue, who knows Wally's story. They take in dogs with racing injuries (broken legs, broken toes, torn cruciates, etc) as well as the dogs who are just ready for a new home. This is NOT the rescue that I adopted Wally from, but they are the rescue that I support, and that if I ever decide to take in another Grey in the future (even just as a foster) I will work with. They are also the rescue that I will be donating most of Wally's collars, and a lot of food to, in a few weeks when I can drive down there . . . when I am ready to snuggle with some Greyhounds.

Again thank you to everyone. Without your support there is no way I would be able to go on. My online friends and family, my in person friends and family, and all of those in between: my sincerest thank you. Teeny and I appreciate all of these good thoughts more than you could know.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Jenn » August 6th, 2008, 10:22 pm

We all love ya Lys, and are heartbroken for you as well as cry for you over the loss of Wally. While we don't know the pain that you do, we loved him too, his pictures, his antics, his videos and everything else that you shared with us over the years. Thank you for sharing your best friend with us. :hug3: We will always be missing, one of the most memorable members of this site.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby hugapitbull » August 6th, 2008, 10:34 pm

What a wonderful tribute to a special and much loved friend. Wally touched my heart the moment I saw the first picture of him. I've so dreaded this day for Wally and for all of us virtual 'friends' since we learned of his diagnosis. My heart breaks, and tears fall as I learn he is no longer with us. Many thoughts and prayers for Alyssa as she finds the strength to face her loss.

Run free, without pain, my beautiful friend.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Jeni » August 6th, 2008, 11:04 pm

RIP Wally - you were loved by more than you'll ever know..

Alyssa - I'm so sorry. I hope someday the good memories will overpower the sad from the last weeks. You had a dog that had an the ability to touch the lives of people across the world that had never met him - he was truly more than one-of-a-kind.

Beautiful tribute..
dee de dee
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby airwalk » August 6th, 2008, 11:46 pm

Alyssa, I'm so sorry. The loss of our four legged best friends is always so very painful. You and Wally made a wonderful team and in time those will be the memories you will cherish.

Be at peace Wally
airwalk
I live here

Postby nicole » August 7th, 2008, 8:07 am

what a beautiful tribute. Rest well Wally...know you were very much loved.
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby muse » August 7th, 2008, 9:01 am

R.I.P Wally. :(
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby luvmypitties » August 7th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Alyssa I am so sorry! Rest in peace Wally! You were loved by many!I am not sure what else to say that I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby delilahsmommy » August 7th, 2008, 10:17 pm

RIP wally
you were loved and will be loved
you are remembered and never forgotten
we will all miss you dearly but you will always be in our hearts
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby call2arms » August 7th, 2008, 11:32 pm

Goodbye Wallster, our one and only PBT Greyhound Royalty.

I just can't believe this.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SisMorphine » August 7th, 2008, 11:50 pm

Thank you everyone.

Today was very difficult. Being at work for the first time ever without Wally sucked. I managed to hold it together until one of my clients, who is Wally's biggest fan, came in to pick up his dog (ironically named Walter). He looked into the stacks where Wally used to reside and asked me where Wally was. I burst into tears and told him that I had put Wally down. I could see his eyes get red and he gave me a huge hug before he left. I felt so bad because I know how much he loved The Wally. I wish everyone who knew him could have had the chance to say goodbye.

We then had a seminar, put on by Wally's herbalist who asked how he was doing. Of course I burst into tears again. I also slipped up and spoke about Wally in the present during the seminar and had to correct myself in front of clients. I managed not to cry, though.

Teeny is who killed me today. She was pretty normal during daycare. But once the seminar started things got weird. Normally during a seminar Wally is sleeping on his bed and she is roaming the room, alternately seeking out scritches and annoying Wally. But with no Wally to annoy she was left with just Rupert, the herbalist's Swissy. She sat and CRIED AND BARKED at him when I tried to separate her, and I had to put her in the car. She has NEVER acted like that. She just doesn't know what to do with herself without Wally to yell at her and keep her in her place. I hate seeing her lost. It kills me.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Malli » August 8th, 2008, 5:22 am

I can't imagine...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 8th, 2008, 7:16 am

Wally was a great big brother to her. Of course she's lost. She'll heal, just like you will, in time.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » August 8th, 2008, 11:41 am

I was once told to get through: 3 days, 3 weeks then 3 months.

If nothing else, it will get you through a little.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Our Departed Friends