JuJube has cancer

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby TinaMartin » July 28th, 2008, 8:21 am

I am sorry that she is gone.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Tiger » July 28th, 2008, 8:34 am

I am so very sorry for your loss and the pain that I know you are experiencing right now. I wish that there were words of wisdom that I could say that would help ease you pain, but I know that there are none.
Just know this - you are not not, and never will be alone. Those who leave before us are always with us, they live in our hearts and in our memories, so they are never really gone. We just can no longer see them... You and yours will be in my heart, and in my prayers.

~Tiger
Doja; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD
Gracie; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD, UDX
Otis; CD, CDX
Domino; CD, CDX
Come visit http://NTBBC.com - "Changing One Mind At A Time"
You are given but one life to live, use it wisely....
Tiger
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby luvypitbulls » July 28th, 2008, 8:50 am

Thank you

I think as I just mentioned to someone who was kind enough to ask...I am totally in the "denial" phase right now ..the tears have faded and I just keep expecting her to come around the corner and cuddle with me ...

too much sadness I am on total overload and trying to embrace this denial as long as it will last actually

it may not be the healthiest way to live ..but is just easier right now to pretend nothing is wrong I think :(

I have to go to work and care for people
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » July 28th, 2008, 11:01 am

However you chose to try to get through this, will be the perfect way to try to get through this. :groupHug:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » July 28th, 2008, 11:30 am

You do whatever works for you... :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » July 28th, 2008, 5:25 pm

LOADS of hugs are coming your way. You do whatever helps you get through the day.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvypitbulls » August 4th, 2008, 9:26 am

I just wanted to share the picture I took the last few hours of JuJu's life ..I thought this would make me feel sad ..but honestly I think it is just beautiful ...the grief is real ..and I will always miss her ..she was part of us! a huge part...and I feel beyond lucky to have had this dog grace our lives ...

this picture is sweet and beautiful to me ..we were not too sure about the puppies coming to us while she was sick ..but it gave her life and joy and took the edge off the pain of loosing her...

..honestly she had a great life ..right up to the end she was cuddled loved and well cared for ...with so many sad stories about dogs in the world ..I know we gave her a wonderful life and she in return did the same for us!

thanks to you all for the sincere support you sent me ..and all with out even knowing who I was..what a wonderful place to share JuJu's last bit of life

luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby katiek0417 » August 4th, 2008, 9:35 am

luvypitbulls wrote:I just wanted to share the picture I took the last few hours of JuJu's life ..I thought this would make me feel sad ..but honestly I think it is just beautiful ...the grief is real ..and I will always miss her ..she was part of us! a huge part...and I feel beyond lucky to have had this dog grace our lives ...

this picture is sweet and beautiful to me ..we were not too sure about the puppies coming to us while she was sick ..but it gave her life and joy and took the edge off the pain of loosing her...

..honestly she had a great life ..right up to the end she was cuddled loved and well cared for ...with so many sad stories about dogs in the world ..I know we gave her a wonderful life and she in return did the same for us!

thanks to you all for the sincere support you sent me ..and all with out even knowing who I was..what a wonderful place to share JuJu's last bit of life

What a beautiful picture. I am SO sorry for your loss...she will always live in your heart...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby SisMorphine » August 4th, 2008, 9:37 am

That is the sweetest picture . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby muse » August 4th, 2008, 9:39 am

:hug3:

Im sorry...
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 4th, 2008, 10:01 am

She looked so peaceful.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby luvypitbulls » August 4th, 2008, 10:38 am

thanks so much ..you guys are just wonderful!

OOOXXX
Heidi
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby lellis34 » August 4th, 2008, 11:01 am

I am so so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :groupHug:
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby luvypitbulls » August 4th, 2008, 3:49 pm

Her ashes are coming home today ..I think this will give us some final peace ..she will reside as I said with my son

what a hard world this is to live in sometimes
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » August 4th, 2008, 3:52 pm

:hug3:

Still so sorry for your loss, and I agree such a sweet picture.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby hey21jude » August 5th, 2008, 7:40 pm

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. She was a beautiful girl.
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby hugapitbull » August 6th, 2008, 11:13 pm

A beautiful and peaceful picture. How lucky you are to have shared your life with her.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby nicole » August 7th, 2008, 8:11 am

oh no, i'm just seeing this now...I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I know you are hurting, but i really admire your strength and insight thru this sad time.

I love that picture...she looks so peaceful and content. Rest in Peace, sweet JuJu.
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby luvypitbulls » August 7th, 2008, 10:23 am

You are all amazing and have shown me so much ..I am so glad I found this board ..

thank you very very much it means the world to me that people who have never met me could be so kind and caring ...

I have to say one thing ..I am so glad Phoebe and Lister had time with JuJu ..she taught them the ropes...and it was amazing I had not wanted to get another dog until she passed away ...but then I had a panic ...with all of our loss this past year ..my husband works from home alone ...he was so close to JuJu she was his constant companion while I was at work....what would he do?? I was terrified that he would get depressed ...loosing Ian was horrific (our son) like a giant meteor hit our world ...JuJu absorbed our grief ...what would he do when she died?

JuJube was the first dog in our lives that was an "only" we always for some reason had at least 3 dogs when my kids were growing up ...we also took in kids and some of them came with dogs ...for the years we had JuJu it was after everyone had grown and left and she was our only one ...she was also not well behaved in public ..not aggressive but she would sob spit cry wail and blow coat over the stupidest stuff! at the vet it mortified us to have this dog over our laps just sobbing ...(do you know what I mean anyone else have a bully that does this?) she would blow her coat all over us ...God forbid you have to leave her to run in the post office or something she would push her face on the window look like a tortured beast and just cry hysterically...
just could never take her anywhere ..but we have a huge yard and she lived in a paradise we also took her for rides as long as we did not have to leave her she was ok ...she was kind of like a "special" child in that we kind of had to arrange our lives around her!
she was never ever aggressive just a very anxiety ridden dog...

anyway I took a chance ..we have always worked with the rescue groups here and one of my favorites worked with us ..we adopted Phoebe ...then they sent me an email asking if we knew people "just like you guys who would be able to foster this little guy" it was Lister picture included...(I actually had two groups turn me away because I had an older female who was ill did not even meet us just said "NO") ..

I told them I wanted him and no I would not foster he woulb be ours forever and "DO NOT SEND ME ANYMORE EMAILS!!!" they actually had him neutered and brought him over...

JuJube even in her sickened state took these puppies on ..she became the mama and as I said she showed them the ropes ...guided and loved them ...even kissing them good by when she died ...

I feel so happy we made a choice that did not go with the "norm" in life ..the puppies sparked her ..gave her new purpose ..and I believe gave her a few extra weeks happiness...

so many people have such stong opinions about what works and does not work in the dog (and people) world ..but I am a firm believer that each situation is its own!

my husband and I are able to get through our grief with moments of joy ..we still have fuzzy beasts to cry into when we need to ...and we are busy!

(this is a litany I am sorry I broke a finger last night and it hurt so much I took drugs this morning so pardon my ramble I do have a point)

2 beautiful dogs found forever homes because this group looked beyond their own set ideals ..and saw what we had to offer....knew we would be great not only for these dogs but as human beings one to another they were more than happy to help us not suffer as badly during such a horrific time ...while two other rescue groups did not even come to meet us or evaluate our situation ..just shut us down ...and lost out on badly needed adoptions because they had it set in their mind that you could not make this work ....

ok the point

everyone has a story in life ....and with dog adoptions ..it is so important to really look beyond the first email!!!

thanks always good to post on drugs you know :P
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Previous

Return to Canine Cancer