ADBA WP question?

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby ellie@ny » August 6th, 2008, 8:46 am

Just curious...I have a question to peps,who's pull in ADBA.
So about the point rules,it says on the website if your dog placed in the class 1-2-3.,then it earns points.
But what if you have only 1 dog in one class?Will that dog earn 1. place points even if it had a bad but qualified pull?
Also I couldn't find a minimum weight for a qualifying pull weight,like at UKC on cart the minimum is 8-times of the body weight to be qualified.How is this works in ADBA? :|

Thanks
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » August 6th, 2008, 7:32 pm

ellie@ny wrote:Just curious...I have a question to peps,who's pull in ADBA.
So about the point rules,it says on the website if your dog placed in the class 1-2-3.,then it earns points.
But what if you have only 1 dog in one class?Will that dog earn 1. place points even if it had a bad but qualified pull?
Also I couldn't find a minimum weight for a qualifying pull weight,like at UKC on cart the minimum is 8-times of the body weight to be qualified.How is this works in ADBA? :|

Thanks
PM Leslie H
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ellie@ny » August 6th, 2008, 7:39 pm

I already did... :mrgreen: :wink:
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » August 6th, 2008, 9:47 pm

ADBA is very different from UKC. For untitled dogs, your class is broken down not just by weight, but by gender. Ellie, assuming Maya still weighs 50#, she would pull in the 46-55 female class. She would compete for overall percentage w/all the dogs 30-55# (ADBA won't calculate a dog's weight under 30#, so Soleil at 30# competes in the 35# and under female class). The ADBA runs 3 main groups that compete for 3 trophies, the Aces (accrued a 100 points), the 55 and unders, and the over 55#'s.
In ADBA class dogs accrue points differently than aces, except at nationals when all males pull together, and all females pull together and points are different too. In the regular classes, you earn 8 points for first in your class, 5 for 2nd, 3 for third. Winning overall percent for your group(such as 55# and under) is an additional 15 (I think) points. There are no points for most weight pulled. I think the dogs are all grouped together if the are over 75#, which makes it hard to get points if you have a huge dog, because everything's based on %. The disadvantadges to very large dogs, and dogs under 30#, is an attempt by ADBA to get rid of people crossing in other breeds and hanging papers.
You can come in at any weight increment. They do vary the weight increment sort of like APA. You can ask for "body shot" if you are getting near the end of what your dog can do, and you are the lightest dog still pulling. So when Soleil was slowing down, and was the lightest dog pulling, I asked that they go from adding 200# to 100#, trying to get the highest percentage. Once she dropped out, the next lightest dog can do the same.
So, if you were the only dog in the 46-55# female class, and Maya only pulled the empty cart, she would still earn 8 points. It's just harder to earn an Ace title than a UWPCH because there are a lot less pulls, and the competition can be pretty stiff.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » August 6th, 2008, 10:48 pm

Thank you Leslie for your time to answer my questions! :)
And nope,I don't plan to compete in ADBA,at least deffinetly not this year,our calendar is already filled with plenty other pulls to go to...
I was just curious,cause ADBA seems to be very different in many ways/3 fouls,baiting etc/from the other pulling registries/IWPA,UKC APA etc/.

Thanks again!!! :wink:
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » August 7th, 2008, 8:44 pm

You know ADBA Nationals are in NJ the weekend after UKC Nationals, right?
While they do allow baiting, I've personally never seen it, though I haven't been to a ton of pulls.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » August 8th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Leslie H wrote:You know ADBA Nationals are in NJ the weekend after UKC Nationals, right?
While they do allow baiting, I've personally never seen it, though I haven't been to a ton of pulls.

Hey Leslie!
Yes I've heard about it,but because of the ADBA rules,I can't take the dogs with me and with traveling, being there all day long,we would get home probably pretty late...If it was 2 hours closer I would go,but it's almost next to Delaware...and I think you know how is the NJ traffic...
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » August 16th, 2008, 11:33 am

I was wrong. Overall percentage is 10 points, not 15, for class dogs. Soleil has 41 points towards her Ace, and I can't figure out how.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby celeste » August 26th, 2008, 11:34 pm

ummm i have a question how much would your dog have to pull if she weighed around 65 pounds...and what is thae maximum they have dogs pull :?
celeste
Just Whelped

Postby ellie@ny » August 27th, 2008, 7:42 am

celeste wrote:ummm i have a question how much would your dog have to pull if she weighed around 65 pounds...and what is thae maximum they have dogs pull :?

I'm not sure about the minimum weight in ADBA,or if there is one?
I know in UKC on cart is 8 times of their body weight for the qualifying pull,and it's differenty in snow,and rails.
You can see the adba rules here:
http://www.adbadog.com/p_pdetails.asp?fpid=15&pg=15
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby celeste » August 27th, 2008, 12:28 pm

ok thankss :D
celeste
Just Whelped

Return to Sports