WATERLOO NY, Fish Fry Fundraiser on the Canal

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Jenny » July 22nd, 2008, 10:13 am

Harbor House is a really neat place to have a fish fry..hope some of you in the area can make it! This fund raiser will benefit our vet care fund.. which is currently empty! :sad2:
I'm hoping to sell tickets up to a week ahead (by Aug 7th) so I can let Mike know how many fish dinners he will need to make :mrgreen: If you are not close by you can pay online at our website or by snail mail and we will hold the tickets or mail to you either way.

To benefit Dog Rescue Society's Vet Fund
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/dogrescuesociety.html

Harbor House Cone & Grill
http://www.harborhouseconeandgrill.com/home.html
690 Waterloo Geneva Road, Waterloo NY
(Rts. 5 & 20 and across from Packwood Road)
315-781-7639
Famous Fish Fry Dinner! $15.00
Per person, eat in or take out available
Date: Aug 13th 2008 5 pm to 9 pm
10oz.Beer Battered Haddock, Salt potatoes, Coleslaw, Rolls & Butter, Coffee,
Ice Tea and/or Bring Your Own Bottle lawn chairs... whatever ... there will be picnic tables too.

Dog Rescue Society will provide dessert or you can try the wonderful ice creams Harbor House offers.

We will be out on the canal under trees (tented) .. its beautiful for a August evening!

There will be a “Tricky Tray
Auction” & other drawings with some nice items to be had!.

For tickets : 315-585-6714
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby maberi » July 22nd, 2008, 10:40 am

If Heidi is in town that week we might make it up for a fish fry (hard to pass one of those up)

I'll check with her tonight
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Jenny » July 22nd, 2008, 12:04 pm

great! I hope you both can make it. :D It will be fun. We have some new board members and volunteers and it would be fun to get all the like minded bully lovers together.

I was so happy we just got our last unaltered male fixed and shots updated last week (Ace, yes he is STILL here) ... and don't you know I got a call from a local dog warden last night telling me the owners of a neglected dog I had been working on since last fall will surrender her today! They had moved and came back to the same house recently so my mission was on again to get her in better environment.. Its our little deaf boy Von's sister... Von got a awesome home.. I want her to have the same, she is a real sweetheart, good with everything. Her name is Kia, She is about 14 months old now and has had no vetting whatsoever, so here we go again! This has been a real rough year so far for donations and of course I am broke too but we'll get her taken care of.
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » August 1st, 2008, 11:48 am

Just venting.. :x

Working on getting items for the Fish Fry Auction... we did get some neat stuff so far.
Our local dog food place who shall remain nameless donated a $10.00 gift certificate.

We have not asked this business for anything in 7 years. We spend about $100.00 a week there on dog food and stuff.

My partner Travis called them "scoundrels" when he got it in the mail :neener:

I feel like sending it back and telling them it appears they need it more than we do. I won't. I should be grateful.

I must have PMS.

- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » August 1st, 2008, 12:07 pm

Ugh, that stinks!
I'm sure you know what your doing, but if your asking for items for an auction, leave no stone unturned be sure and check with photographers (donate free sitting fees, 8x10's, etc.), restaurants, fast food, video stores, spas/massage places, hair salons, everybody. I assisted with something similar once, and was shocked at who was actually willing to donate, and who wouldn't even give it a thought.

Good luck, and that picture - too funny. :lol3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Jenny » August 6th, 2008, 8:39 pm

hey! thanks for the ideas! no I have no clue what I am doing :| first time to set one of these things up but have gotten some good advice from veterans.

Harbor House Mike said 'KEEP SELLIN TICKETS!" so no deadline :P
The crunch is on for more auction items!

I found DOG LABEL WINE! we are having a cute basket of winetrail/dog theme stuff...

check out this wine label, the wine is delicious too.

- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » August 6th, 2008, 8:45 pm

Jenny wrote:Her name is Kia, She is about 14 months old now and has had no vetting whatsoever, so here we go again!

Well, just spent $160.00, :o , she just got spayed yesterday. She gained 11 pounds in two weeks!~ looking good!
This is what the fundraiser will help with. If I hadn't been worried about her being preggo.. she could have gone to the SOS clinic in Ithaca for half the cost. So we went local and didn't wait... turns out she wasn't preggo just very nipply from the previous litter I guess?
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to North East