FlyLady Support Group

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby a-bull » March 31st, 2006, 10:23 pm

bullymommy wrote:my sink is shined!!!!!! next step is the oven!!!

Once your oven is clean, get those foil oven liners, (the big silver ones), like little old ladies have. You feel like a real cleaning nerd using them, but they help keep your oven cleaner longer.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 31st, 2006, 10:41 pm

Okay, so I failed with the sink shining tonight. HOWEVER, my hubby has to work 2nd shift Saturday and Sunday, so I can clean w/o interruption. It will happen. Oh yes, it will be mine.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby a-bull » March 31st, 2006, 10:49 pm

Don't sweat it. That's the key. If you get too worked up about doing it all perfect, how the website says, you'll burnout and give up.

I bet I'll see yours shining from here by Monday. :D
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby a-bull » April 4th, 2006, 7:25 am

O.k., how'd all you Flybabies make out???

Did everyone fall off the wagon, lol??!
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 4th, 2006, 7:55 am

I did. I had a funeral this weekend, and Dave let my 10 year old's friend visit. They destroyed the whole house :evil:

I am trying to play catch-up without A) burning out and B) doing it all myself.

I was just accepted to Alfred State college, and will be attending full time in the fall :o

Don't know WHAT we will do then!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » April 4th, 2006, 8:30 am

I semi-fell off the wagon. I was SO TIRED on Sunday that I didn't do the dishes and shine my sink (I don't have a dishwasher). And yesterday I added to the pile of dirty dishes, looked at it, and walked the other way.

I SO have to do them today before my kitchen starts to stink!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 4th, 2006, 9:11 am

Yeah, still haven't shined my sink - I have all the materials though, and I've begun doing the dishes every night. I'm slowly working my way up! :wink:
pitbullmamaliz

Postby mnp13 » April 4th, 2006, 9:53 am

I was just about to ask for porcelain sink updates!

I'm struggling with the post it notes right now...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » April 4th, 2006, 10:02 am

mnp13 wrote:I was just about to ask for porcelain sink updates!

Yeah the porcelain sink update from me is: it's filled with dirty dishes.

One day, one day . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby cheekymunkee » April 4th, 2006, 10:03 am

mnp13 wrote:I was just about to ask for porcelain sink updates!

I FOUND my sink!! Only to lose it again. SO sad.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » April 4th, 2006, 10:12 am

lol you guys are so funny . . . .

I think the Flylady recommends putting your dirty dishes in a basin under your sink 'til you can tend to it, that way you can still have a clean sink each day whether you have dirty dishes or not. Of course, I think you'd want to wash them each day, or some creepy stuff could start happenin' under your sink.

Michelle---What type of sticky note action do you have going??? I never used stickies . . .

Maybe you guys should try not to focus so much on the "shiney" sink, and just start out keeping your sink cleared out?? Babysteps. :)
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 4th, 2006, 10:16 am

There's no room UNDER my sink either. :D

I'm not into the FLylady at all, although I probably should give her another shot. I DO plan on getting the rust stains out of my sink as soon as I pick up some of the rust remover Michelle mentioned.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 4th, 2006, 10:41 am

You know here is an idea. The first time through I could not for the life of me keep my sink clean. So I made my bed the sink (well, not the sink, but the sink ). I got up every morning and made my bed. I put the decorative pillows on, smoothed the covers and then picked up all the laundry and any cups from the night before on my way to the kitchen, which is where the laundry room is. It was SO mcuh easier than the sink-no one would leave dishes in my bed, no one would think my bed was the garbage can, I didn't need to handle it 3 times a day or more. It was a much easier launching point. AND it is way easier to avoid those pesky midday naps when the bed is made :twisted:

So, maybe that would be an easier place to start?

I don't know why I stopped. I guess today is as good of day as any to start again.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 4th, 2006, 11:10 am

I don't like the idea of putting dirty dishes under the sink - to me, out of sight is out of mind. Hell, IN sight is often still out of mind. *grin*
And I'm already stuck at making the bed - my hubby is on 2nd shift, so unless I made the bed when I get home from work, he's never going to do it! And it seems silly to make it a few hours before getting back in it. But it's worth a shot I suppose. Maybe tonight will be the tonight to shine the sink...I think I'm procrastinating partly because the people who had the house before us (we rent) never cleaned, and we have a stainless steel sink (liars) and well water, so the sink is just covered in rust stains. I've scrubbed and tried so many different products and it still looks gross. But, I shall shine what I can.
pitbullmamaliz

Postby mnp13 » April 4th, 2006, 11:25 am

for hard water stains get the CLR gel and let it sit. CLR is nasty stuff, but it works really well.

I never make my bed, it seems like a waste of time to me - the dog and the cats mess it up anyway.

Sticky notes are the 'day 3' item in the first month of FlyLady.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » April 4th, 2006, 11:44 am

I always make my bed. Of course by the time I get home you can't tell it was made but it was. It's just habit to me.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » April 4th, 2006, 4:37 pm

I don't do the whole mega shiney sink thing . . . I just make sure it's wiped down each day, and I will leave a pot soaking in it overnight if necessary. I'm not quite as anal as the Flylady apparently is. Busting out a toothbrush and cleaner like once a month keeps it plenty tidy.

Yeah, I'm not to keen on the 'dishes under the sink' thing either, but I guess it's an idea . . .

You definitely have to adapt the program to your own life, because the Flylady actually sounds a little on the uptight side to me. If I lived like her, I'd need to keep my highball glass clean. :D
Last edited by a-bull on April 4th, 2006, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby girlie » April 4th, 2006, 5:08 pm

a-bull wrote: If I lived like her, I'd need to keep my highball glass clean. :D

:beerChug:
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby a-bull » April 5th, 2006, 12:52 pm

Come on ladies! Today is "Do not Procrastinate Day" on the Flylady website---shine those sinks, (or highball glasses, Pitcess)!

:laugh1:

:clothes:
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » April 5th, 2006, 1:37 pm

a-bull wrote:If I lived like her, I'd need to keep my highball glass clean. :D

To clean it wouldn't it have to be empty?

:wink:
SisMorphine

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic