AMAZING ROSIE!!!

Postby JesseNicki » April 3rd, 2006, 8:09 pm

On the weekends I volunteer at the Long Beach Animal shelter in Long Beach, NY. While there I spend my time temperament-testing the pit bulls at the shelter and then I post them on the internet for adoption.

To make a long story short, about a month ago I tested one of the sweetest pups I have ever met. I was greeted by a petite, female pit bull that had obviously been badly abused/mistreated/bred. She had significant scarring on her legs and she had obviously just had pups. As disturbing as it may seem, I believe that she was likely baited between pregnancies. Named Rosie by another volunteer, this dog came up to me and simply dropped onto her stomach in fear. After several minutes of coaxing, little Rosie could not get enough attention and affection from me. She remained on her back for minutes on end, and she continually licked my hands while I rubbed her chest and stomach. She showed no food or resource aggression.

Anyway, a few days after our meeting, I was told by one of the ACO’s that Rosie was going to be redeemed by the same abusive, backyard-breeding scum that brought her in. Now, I do not need to get into the controversial and careless decisions that are made in some municipal shelters. All I can say is that Rosie was undoubtedly going to head straight back to the torturous life that she had escaped.

Although I am currently living in an apartment that does not allow dogs, I adopted Rosie as a temporary foster. In the three weeks that I have had her, I have been blessed to know one of the most forgiving and beautiful animals that I have ever known. Rosie is definitely shy with strangers (especially men), but when she warms up to you she is incredible. Often, while I am sitting on the couch, she will climb out of her slumber simply to give a lick on my hand before passing back out. She is completely housebroken and crate-trained. Rosie is 2-3 years old, walks perfectly on a leash, and she is good with other dogs.

Currently, Rosie is recovering from heartworm treatment and she should be back to normal in a couple of weeks. She is spayed and UTD on all shots. If anyone is interested in adopting or fostering little Rosie please PM or email me. She is a special pup who has had the hardest road that I have ever seen, and she really deserves the best. Thanks guys. :)

Email: Jfman124@yahoo.com
Permission to cross-post
Last edited by JesseNicki on April 3rd, 2006, 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JesseNicki
Just Whelped

Postby Hoyden » April 3rd, 2006, 8:14 pm

And here are her pictures!

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 3rd, 2006, 8:47 pm

Oh she's gorgeous!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » April 3rd, 2006, 9:12 pm

What a beauty she is!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Purple » April 3rd, 2006, 9:12 pm

Wow, she's beautiful!
Purple
I live here

Postby msvette2u » April 4th, 2006, 12:44 am

She's very pretty - reminds me of Kona (her coloration!)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby JesseNicki » April 4th, 2006, 10:57 am

thanks guys...she really is great...someone will be very lucky to have her...
JesseNicki
Just Whelped

Postby Jesseca » April 6th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Wow, she is beautiful. I'm sure someone will snatch her up.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Murfins » April 7th, 2006, 6:43 am

What a cutie!
Murfins
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby luvmyangels » April 7th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Wow she is beautiful. I wish I had room.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby JesseNicki » April 8th, 2006, 1:20 am

again, thanks so much everyone...little rosie is doing great...she is passed out and snoring right now... :)
JesseNicki
Just Whelped

Postby Hoyden » April 8th, 2006, 1:24 am

How was she at the vet's office?

How is she feeling now? I showed Rosie to Gremlin and she said that you were trying to find a sister for Birdie. LOL
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby JesseNicki » April 8th, 2006, 12:40 pm

that is great...gremlin would love her...rosie is doing fine...they loved her at the vet's office and she was fine with everyone...she is still on a strict schedule of rest (probably for another 3 weeks) and she is still on antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory for another week or so...her shyness with strangers is SLOWLY diminishing, and there is definitely subtle improvement...nicki and i cannot get over her ridiculously submissive temperament...i swear i have never met a pup like this one... :)...i will definitely post some new pics soon...talk to you soon
JesseNicki
Just Whelped

Postby PittieLove » April 8th, 2006, 10:54 pm

shes beautiful!!
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Return to Rescue