"Woman Attacked By Pit Bull" Local Headline Mislea

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby PreciousPibbles » April 3rd, 2006, 11:59 pm

Hi Everyone!
I just want to see what kind of feedback I will get from this story and see if I am justified in being annoyed.

Today a local news channel did a whole story about a women claiming to have been attacked by a pitbull. There are so many things wrong with this story. The first most obvious thing is that this dog did not look like a full pit-bull. It looked like a mix of a few different dogs. Also, the women claims she was able to hold off the pitbull because of her tai-bo and karate classes???? I know these dogs pretty well and I know if one really wants to hurt you Taibo and karate classes are really not going to help you. She has a broken leg and that even seems weird. Why would a pitbull "hit" your leg and break it and not bite? Her story is full of holes and she is eating up this attention from the local news. She seems to be very desperate for a tv appearance and probably fell and broke her leg. This is the link to the story http://kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4720509. I am not trying to downplay dog attacks or bites but this is a very exaggerated story. I'm sure SOMETHING happened and this owner should have kept his dog in the house or confined when he let it outside. However, I believe if a pitbull "attacked" someone it would be a much worse scenario than a "broken leg" and some bruises. This women had no marks to her face even though he was "in her face" and she was holding his neck? This just seems crazy to me... any opinions?
PreciousPibbles
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » April 4th, 2006, 12:18 am

The dog didn't bite? It sounds sort of fishy to me. The fall could have broken her ankle ( it's happened to me). If that dog wanted to bite her I am pretty sure he would have figured out a way to do it in the 3 or 4 minutes she says she fought him. :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby PreciousPibbles » April 4th, 2006, 12:37 am

Exactly! It says she had "scratches, bruises and a broken leg". What about bites? I get bruises and scratches just by playing with my dogs. Why didn't he bite her leg or ANYWHERE else? I don't think he got his paws and snapped her ankle. It sounds just like she fell, got embarassed and saw a good way out of it. 3-4 minutes is a long time to hold off a dog, especially a pitbull (if thats even what this dog is). The worst part was the headline "Pitbull attacks woman" with a picture of a growling pitbull that in no way looked like the actual dog who did this. It sure seems like someone should just tell the truth... but I have no idea how that could happen now.
PreciousPibbles
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » April 4th, 2006, 7:35 am

The page wans't available when I clicked.

It sounds ridiculous. Is that your local station? I would call them and offer a second point of view. That news desk needs some education on dog behavior and pit bulls in general. :rolleyes2:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » April 4th, 2006, 8:26 am

That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. WRITE A LETTER!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Malli » April 4th, 2006, 12:02 pm

sounds like a one dog locamotive issue :D

I could see how a leg ramming dog could create a broken leg on the right terrain...

She probably "held him off" by weirding him out! "what is this lady doing, I just want to play, and she keeps making these weird gestures"

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » April 4th, 2006, 12:16 pm

Malli wrote:sounds like a one dog locamotive issue :D

I could see how a leg ramming dog could create a broken leg on the right terrain...

She probably "held him off" by weirding him out! "what is this lady doing, I just want to play, and she keeps making these weird gestures"

Malli

That's what I am thinking, the dog wanted to play. I know when my dogs & I wrestle I have a damn hard time holding them off when they really want to "get me". They wiggle & twist & find a way to get out of my grip & they are jsut playing! I can't imagine trying to hold off a pit bull using my hands around his neck if he really wanted to do some damage.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby PreciousPibbles » April 4th, 2006, 12:24 pm

That is what I am trying to say too. To say a dog "attacked" is saying the dog had bad intentions. I dont think this dog wanted to hurt this women. If he had... she would be hurt! I think her saying her "tai bo" classes helped her hold off a 100 pound pitbull is one of the most annoying parts of this story. It sounds SO conceited and uninformed. If you truly believe a 150 pound woman can hold off a very large healthy pitbull then you cant believe these dogs can cause much harm in the first place.

"I know when my dogs & I wrestle I have a damn hard time holding them off when they really want to "get me".

Me too! :-) Maybe we just need some taibo classes!
PreciousPibbles
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » April 4th, 2006, 12:27 pm

I think you are right!! I am sooo kicking their asses next time! :D

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL