Hi all..It's Haileysmom aka Justice4Gage

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby haileysmom » August 3rd, 2008, 4:11 pm

Wow..it's been a crazy crazy time in my life....I know that I shared Gage's story here somewhere but decided to start a new post....

For those who don't know Gage's story please visit http://www.justiceforgage.com

I might be a little off my rocker but have decided to put together a "VIRGINIA WALK FOR GAGE".....

I'd like to schedule it mid to late september...Cooler temps!!! :) Happier pups!!!

Progress so far:

1) I have a DJ available.......

2) Very good chance that I can get Channel 12 out to the event (I have a reporter friend that works there and I have ran this idea past her and she is a big pitbull lover herself and liked the idea of them being able to show the good side of the pitbulls)..Channel 12 ran all the Michael Vick stories and recently I contacted my friend there and they ran a short story on the tragic death of "SEVEN"...One of Vick's former pitbulls who was being fostered by ALL OR NOTHING PITBULL RESCUE...

I am going to start approaching local businesses, pet stores to see about getting some sponsors lined up...

I will be checking with the park that I am hoping to hold this event at...They have a lake, trails and also covered picnic areas which is a major plus JUST in case the weather decides not to cooperate...Event will be held RAIN OR SHINE!!!!

I would like to ask if there are any Virginia friends (rescues, individuals, companies) that are interested to helping me get this off the ground...An opportunity to help us continue our mission of Spreading Awareness of Animal Cruelty and sending the message through our Events and Videos that PITBULLS CAN GET TOGETHER & HAVE A GREAT TIME...

I will gladly share my contact # if you would like to help....

Below are several links. To view prior Walk for Gage videos please click the link below each description...There is also the Television Interview with Gages family concerning Gage's Death...A must to watch!!! Last Link...

Mid South Walk For Gage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuJcwXMKqKk

Louisiana Walk For Gage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUEdeIGj ... re=related

In Loving Momory Of Gage Anthony Burke (Gage's Memorial Video that I put together for the family)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy3pCyuL ... re=related

News Interview with Gage's family after Gage's death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKX-7xpe ... re=related

Please take a moment and reflect on the thought that this can happen to any of you and our mission in this life is to protect others from this happening again.... We will be their voice and will not sit back quietly and let heartless people rip our hearts out and murder our pets....

Also this will show the world that we can get our dogs together and have a great time. Let's show the world it's not the dog.

"Ban the Deed not the Breed!

Thank you for all you support cause without you we could not do this.....

Thank you...Sherry
8.jpg
breakingnewsforgage-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Dog is God spelled backwards"
haileysmom
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » August 3rd, 2008, 6:33 pm

Good luck!!! I hope it will be a HUGE success. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 3rd, 2008, 6:44 pm

Good luck!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » August 3rd, 2008, 6:54 pm

Where in VA would this be? Northern VA or the rest of the state?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby haileysmom » August 3rd, 2008, 7:23 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Where in VA would this be? Northern VA or the rest of the state?

I am looking in the Chesterfield or Richmond Area...I live in Chesterfield and just last week drove to Alexandria VA to do a home inspection for a Rescue (and it passed 100%...a new pit girl is on her way to a home of love...not abuse and starvation..... :dance: )...anywhoos it took us right at 1 1/2 hours to get there...mileage was 108...

Do you think you'd be able to attend???? Or interested in helping me????? :mrgreen:
haileysmom
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » August 3rd, 2008, 7:41 pm

I was thinking that could help out, but that's a bit south for me...as I'm near Baltimore. :(

I do know a very nice flyball team in Richmond that might be able to do a demo, if you're looking for that sort of stuff.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby haileysmom » August 3rd, 2008, 7:54 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I was thinking that could help out, but that's a bit south for me...as I'm near Baltimore. :(

I do know a very nice flyball team in Richmond that might be able to do a demo, if you're looking for that sort of stuff.

Do you think they would donate their time??? If so they would be added to the flyers that I will be having printed up as them being one of the sponsors of the event....GREAT ADVERTISEMENT FOR THEM AS WELL AS DONATING THEIR TIME FOR SUCH A GREAT CAUSE....
haileysmom
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » August 3rd, 2008, 7:56 pm

I'll find their email...and send them your way. :)

TheRedQueen

Postby haileysmom » August 3rd, 2008, 8:04 pm

Great!! Thanks!!!!! Can I say that you referred me to them?
haileysmom
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » August 3rd, 2008, 8:13 pm

haileysmom wrote:Great!! Thanks!!!!! Can I say that you referred me to them?

But of course! :) I tried to load their site a few minutes ago, and everything froze up...but I'll keep trying and get it to you! :)

TheRedQueen

Postby haileysmom » August 3rd, 2008, 8:30 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
haileysmom wrote:Great!! Thanks!!!!! Can I say that you referred me to them?

But of course! :) I tried to load their site a few minutes ago, and everything froze up...but I'll keep trying and get it to you! :)

Thank you again....just post it when you get it...can you give me the link to their website as well... :dance:
haileysmom
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » August 3rd, 2008, 9:10 pm

good luck with this!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmypitties » August 5th, 2008, 9:06 am

I am in woodbridge and would like to help out. I am always down in the Fredericksburg area as well!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » August 5th, 2008, 9:26 am

Aha! Got the website...you can find their contact info on the site...just tell them that Erin from Two-Lane Highway sent ya!

http://flyballdogs.com/k9kzs/

TheRedQueen

Postby muse » August 5th, 2008, 9:32 am

Im in Columbia MD, but I'll help in anyway I can. Just pm me.

Im sorry someone did that to your dog. :( He was a beauty.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL