Cincinnati, OH Pit bull owner gets jail

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » August 1st, 2008, 10:56 pm

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... /308010023

Pit bull owner gets jail
Cincinnati.com - Cincinnati,OH,USA

Pit bull owner gets jail

By Kimball Perry • kperry@... • August 1, 2008
Comments Read Comments(8) • Recommend • Print Print • Email Email • Click To Listen Click To Listen • Type Size: A A
Bridget Perry’s love for man’s best friend cost her two weeks behind bars and her dog its life.

Perry, 34, of South Fairmount, was convicted Friday of possessing a vicious dog – two years after she was convicted of the same crime and ordered not to own another pit bull.
Hamilton County Municipal Judge Brad Greenberg sentenced Perry to one year of probation and 14 days in jail. The judge said he gave her the jail time because she ignored the previous prohibition.
Perry was convicted in 2006 for having a pit bull. She was placed on probation and fined.

Perry told Greenberg on Friday that dog was a pit bull puppy she kept in a cage in her house and had bitten no one.

Still, she knew she wasn’t supposed to get another pit bull after that.

“Yes, sir, I did have a dog that I wasn’t allowed to have,” Perry told the judge Friday.
“I had the dog before I bought the house. It’s kind of hard to get rid of a dog that you raised around your own children. I’m sorry.”

She was cited again June 15 for owning a vicious dog, a violation of a Cincinnati ordinance.

She was cited after a neighbor of Perry called police. The neighbor told the judge that Perry’s pit bull was trying to bite the face of his 5-year-old son when the father intervened.

“If I wouldn’t have seen the dog, two seconds (later) it would have had my 5-year-old’s face in its mouth and that’s just unacceptable to me,” the man said.
His left forearm was bitten by the dog.

The judge ordered Perry to pay the neighbor’s $700 medical bill, to pay the SPCA $975 for boarding the dog since the attack and to have the dog killed.

The judge allowed Perry to begin serving her two-week jail sentence Monday.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL