Wally Joins the Cancer Club

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Hoyden » August 1st, 2008, 12:34 pm

Alyssa, you know if you need me, I am a phone call away. I'll put the Gremlin and Birdie in the truck and be with you in a matter of hours.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » August 1st, 2008, 1:37 pm

So we were awake all night. He had diarrhea. I mean he's had soft poop for the past few months anyway, but this was like urgent have to go diarrhea. I was so so so worried.

And then this morning he got up and pranced to the door when I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my freak outs and whining. I don't handle death well, and especially not when it's long and drawn out and involving my best friend.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby LMM » August 1st, 2008, 1:46 pm

I just wanted to give you this :hug3: my heart hurts for you.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 1st, 2008, 1:51 pm

Alyssa I really wish there were some magic words we could say, or some magic amount of money that would fix everything. My heart is just breaking for you and Wally. Whatever you do, whenever you do it, will be the right choice. You've given Wally the best life imaginable, and lord knows you've educated all of us about greys! Just keep hanging in there. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby airwalk » August 1st, 2008, 2:08 pm

You know the cosmo's are filled with good thoughts for you and Wally. Here's hoping today is a good day.
airwalk
I live here

Postby babyreba » August 1st, 2008, 2:52 pm

sorry you have to go through this. hang in there, lady. you too, wally!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby gayrghts » August 1st, 2008, 6:16 pm

SisMorphine wrote:So we were awake all night. He had diarrhea. I mean he's had soft poop for the past few months anyway, but this was like urgent have to go diarrhea. I was so so so worried.

And then this morning he got up and pranced to the door when I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my freak outs and whining. I don't handle death well, and especially not when it's long and drawn out and involving my best friend.

Alyssa, Wally, Teeny, even little sex.... i'm sorry this is so hard on ALL of you.... and your parents to Alyssa...

Death is never easy.... because its permanent.... and its often long and drawn out, and i swear that's the worst part....
I'm crying as i'm typing this... you'll know when its time....
before that, just ignore the bad times, as much as you can, and rejoice and cherish the good times.... like the prancing to the door for a ride....

I know with people.... they often hang in there until given permission from their owners to pass over.... not sure you're ready to do that yet....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » August 1st, 2008, 6:32 pm

Hang in there Alyssa!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Judy » August 1st, 2008, 8:16 pm

Wally is in our thoughts and prayers.
Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby hey21jude » August 1st, 2008, 8:32 pm

Big hugs to you and Wally boy! and Yay for prancing!!!
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby KJS » August 2nd, 2008, 12:22 pm

Thinking good thoughts for you right now....can you feel them?
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » August 2nd, 2008, 1:27 pm

Thanks all. We had a rough night. Wally now is pooping pure liquid so we were up all night going in and out and I was so happy that I lined my floor with vinyl shower curtains as it made the cleaning up at 4am a breeze.

We're both exhausted and all he's eaten today is a half a piece of bacon and a handful of Duck and Salmon treats. He's refusing everything else. If he doesn't eat then by the time we get home it'll be back to force feeding.

I wish I didn't have to be at work. I just want to crawl into bed with him and snuggle instead of cleaning crates.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby iluvk9 » August 2nd, 2008, 1:28 pm

Sorry, Alyssa. Cancer sucks. Give Wally a big kiss on his toothless mouth for me. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » August 2nd, 2008, 1:47 pm

Alyssa, sending good thoughts for eating and snuggling today.
airwalk
I live here

Postby CinderDee » August 2nd, 2008, 2:11 pm

I'm sorry Wally's having such a bad day, Alyssa. Sending lots if good thoughts & hugs. :groupHug:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » August 3rd, 2008, 11:28 pm

We had a nice day. No accidents last night, and he actually ate some dinner (no breakfast, ate almost nothing yesterday). I told him that it's okay for him to go, that he doesn't need to hang on for me. I told him he can either go on his own or let me know when he is ready to be helped. Right now I'll be shocked if we make it to next weekend. He looks like a skeleton. I just wish i could do something to turn it all around. He's the love of my life and I hate thinking that this is the end.

Damnit and I did so good all day with the not crying.
SisMorphine

Postby Jenn » August 4th, 2008, 7:34 am

:cry: :hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » August 4th, 2008, 7:38 am

Thinking of you. :groupHug:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ellie@ny » August 4th, 2008, 7:38 am

:cry: :hug3: :groupHug:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 4th, 2008, 8:17 am

:hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer