Ladies... Advice PLEASE!!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Jenn » April 3rd, 2006, 3:07 pm

Sooo.. I get a call from my poor mother, who is totally embarrassed and needing help in a more than bad way! She is the only woman in an office of about 10 men, that of which all use the same restroom. There seems to be one wife that comes up there rather to wait on her husband or etc. Sorry, I'm not sure of the exact circumstances. Anyway, she seems to have a problem with cleanliness in general, and my mother is having a HORRIBLE problem of this woman leaving her feminine products ~ basically wide open and in the trash for all to see. She's completely disgusted and grossed out and it's already the 12th or so time she's had to handle this situation. She feels that she must say something, yet has no clue how to approach the subject or handle it in anyway. She called me for advice, and it seems she didn't like my bluntness about what I would tell her. :oops: So any suggestions anyone? :| What would be the best way to handle this situation, or the most tactful thing to say? She fears her fellow employees are seeing this as well and thinking it's her. She is very non-confrontational, very upset and bless her heart at a complete loss for what to do.
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 3rd, 2006, 3:08 pm

Hmmm...that is a toughy. I'd be mortified. I would agree with just being blunt with this other chica.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby girlie » April 3rd, 2006, 3:11 pm

Get a trash can with a lid on it in the bathroom. And ask the nasty lady to go "halfies" on it..LOL.. just kidding on the last part. A trash can with a lid is a must for a ladies restroom, or a restroom that a lady uses.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Hoyden » April 3rd, 2006, 3:13 pm

Does she order the office supplies?

If she does - tell her to order trashcans with lids on them, so it won't be so obvious.

Or put a note in the bathroom that says something to the effect of

Ladies - Please wrap all santitary products before disposing of them.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » April 3rd, 2006, 3:14 pm

pitcess wrote:Get a trash can with a lid on it in the bathroom. And ask the nasty lady to go "halfies" on it..LOL.. just kidding on the last part. A trash can with a lid is a must for a ladies restroom, or a restroom that a lady uses.

JINX!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby cheekymunkee » April 3rd, 2006, 3:15 pm

Put a sign on the door. We have to do it here at work because some of these people are freaking nasty. We had the same problem for a while so a sign went up that read

"For sanitary reasons please dispose of all feminine products by properly wrapping them in tissue or the package it came in before placing in the trash receptacle"

Or do like I do & throw a fit about it. Stuff like that grosses me the HELL out. I understand we all have gross body functions but please do not share with others.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 3rd, 2006, 3:17 pm

Could she post a small sign above the trash can asking to please dispose of feminine products out of sight out of respect to mixed company? That way there is no direct conflict.

If it were here I could just tell her if she doesn't put it away in the locked cabinet the dogs will get into it and either spread it or eat it (then barf it up a day later!) :twisted:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Romanwild » April 3rd, 2006, 3:18 pm

I agree with pitcess! All my trash cans have covers.

It's not so blunt but maybe a sign saying:

"NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOUR BLOODY RAGS. PLEASE DISPOSE OF THEM PROPERLY."

lol

I am a man by the way. Sorry to crash your chick party. :oops:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby girlie » April 3rd, 2006, 3:22 pm

Romanwild wrote:"NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOUR BLOODY RAGS. PLEASE DISPOSE OF THEM PROPERLY."

umm....EEWWWW

:fastRoll:
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jenn » April 3rd, 2006, 3:27 pm

lol Roman, no chick party.. was just trying not to offend ;)

Personally, I told her the same thing!! :ROFL2: Plus she knows I'd throw a fit, and let her know in not so certain words that she is disgusting and needs to handle that crap in a better fashion or save it for home!! We had a similar problem at my office years ago, never had the problem more than once. I simply won't tolerate it.

Poor mom though, she's different. I'll definitely tell her to order a trash with a lid, as well as trash bags. Since it seems the nasty freak doesn't mind if it's sticking to the side. :puke: I'll also suggest the signs, the wording seems perfect! Thanks my fellow tactful people, lol.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Hoyden » April 3rd, 2006, 3:27 pm

Romanwild wrote:"NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOUR BLOODY RAGS. PLEASE DISPOSE OF THEM PROPERLY."

:backRoll: :backRoll: That's the kind of sign I would put up - because I am brutally blunt.

But I don't think that answer will work for her mother.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » April 3rd, 2006, 3:41 pm

We actually had to have signs in our restrooms at work explaining HOW the toilets work--- seems weird, huh?
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jenn » April 3rd, 2006, 3:49 pm

Same thing here... Seemed we had someone that didn't know how to flush. I typed up a letter and posted it in every bathroom! It was addressed to "Dear Mystery Sh**ter", and boy was I mad!! It was quite humorous as long as it wasn't you I was addressing. Amazingly, someone learned to flush!! :D
Jenn
undecided

Postby Magnolia618 » April 3rd, 2006, 7:22 pm

I worked with woman who would leave her bloody pads WIDE OPEN on the ledge of the sink. More than once I would have to go to her (nobody else would! But they bought me lunch... lol ) and tell her that she left a mess in the bathroom. She was a very forgetful person. :o
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby msvette2u » April 3rd, 2006, 8:50 pm

Those boxes that hang on the inside of the door work too, with the paper bag in 'em. I agree with pitcess and others. A trash can with a lid. A MUST.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Romanwild » April 3rd, 2006, 9:10 pm

menses

lol

I love that word. It makes me giggle. :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 3rd, 2006, 9:54 pm

Maybe she should drop the offending mess on the womans desk.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 3rd, 2006, 10:33 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:Maybe she should drop the offending mess on the womans desk.

:puke:

:fastRoll:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » April 3rd, 2006, 10:37 pm

A sign above the trash can that says "Please wrap your used feminine products before throwing them away. Thank you."

It's not uber-blunt, but absolutely gets the point across.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ccc2006 » April 7th, 2006, 9:04 am

JennKBM wrote:Same thing here... Seemed we had someone that didn't know how to flush. I typed up a letter and posted it in every bathroom! It was addressed to "Dear Mystery Sh**ter", and boy was I mad!! It was quite humorous as long as it wasn't you I was addressing. Amazingly, someone learned to flush!! :D

That is humurous! We had a Mystery Crapper at work too. Unfortunately it wasn't just lack of a courtesy flush. They unloaded all over the wall tiling, 2 times. Imagine the janitor trying to scrape that out of the grout! :shock:
We also have this guy who makes a big production out of going to the bathroom - he grabs his daily newspaper, makes his way down the aisle, looking all determined.
I don't think I'd want to flash a neon sign when I'm about to drop a deuce! :D
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Next

Return to Off-Topic