It's about time I joined this group....

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby cellybean » July 27th, 2008, 10:56 pm

W00t! I've been meaning to join this amazing group of bully breed enthusiasts for a while and I kept getting distracted. My name is Celeste and I live in the Neighborhood of the Arts in Rochester,NY. I share a loft that I adore with my boyfriend whom I adore. We have three cats: The "Earl" of Cats [rescued off the street by my sister], Huckleberry "Finn" [farm kitten], and Goofy "Jack" the most persistant and determined cat in the whole world! Along with the kitties that rule our loft, we have two dogs. Bean is our 2.5 year old Newfoundland and resident blockhead. He is my benevolent warrior. Alex, my boyfriend, and I raise puppies for Guiding Eyes for the Blind. Nanook is our 6th puppy and he is a five month old German Shepherd who seems to be a superb candidate for guide work.

The bullies....I LOVE them! On paper, these amazing dogs are not the perfect match for our lifestyle, but I can't withhold my infatuation with the APBT, Am Staff, Bull Terrier, and, especially, Staffordshire Bull Terriers. I hope to share my life with a pit bull or Staffy someday, but the timing has not been quite right as I have felt compelled to continue raising puppies for Guiding Eyes.

I once had the pleasure of meeting Wallace the Pit Bull as he lives in my hometown of Rochester,MN. That's one stellar relationship between a Man and his dog!

Oh yeah...I almost forgot to tell you all that I teach group obedience classes for See Spot Think, LLC, offer private dog training, and work for Natural Pet Foods Company on Alexander Street. I'm sure many of you have already met me at the store if you're from Rochester,NY.

-Celeste
cellybean
Just Whelped

Postby Hundilein » July 27th, 2008, 11:06 pm

Hi Celeste! Welcome to PBT. I can't wait to see a picture of Bean. I had a Newfoundland/Labrador mix when I was in high school. She was "my" first dog. Looked sort of like a short-haired Newfoundland. I did therapy dog work with her, and some fun agility classes. I love big dogs.

And that's so cool about raising guide dog puppies. My rescue has sent several puppies to a group that trains mobility-assistance and hearing dogs and I always love to hear about their training and socialization. I imagine the socialization you do with your puppies is similar. I want pictures of Nanook too. I love the pointy ear dogs!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » July 27th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Hello and welcome, glad you decided to join us! :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Asta » July 28th, 2008, 3:49 am

Hello and welcome to PBT Celeste :wave2: You sure sound like you have a wonderful family! Thank you for raising seeing eye dogs, what a beautiful thing :)

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Marinepits » July 28th, 2008, 6:58 am

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pocketpit » July 28th, 2008, 8:12 am

Glad you jumped on board! :wave2:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 28th, 2008, 8:18 am

Welcome! :wave: Do you know any of our Rochester members? My pit girl Inara LOVES Newfies - she thought she'd died and gone to heaven the first time she met one and he just put his gigantic paw on her noggin. She rolled over and flirted like a true hussy. True love. When I move to Rochester we'll have to introduce our two! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » July 28th, 2008, 11:05 am

Welcome to PBT! :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby maberi » July 28th, 2008, 11:09 am

Hi Celeste,

Not sure if you remember me but I used to take classes with Cindy with my Lab Earl and my pit bull Yoda (short stocky tan guy with lots of wrinkles). I'll have to PM you to see how Cindy is doing as I haven't spoken to her in quite some time. I remember speaking with you a while back and you indicated you were interested in getting a bully breed.

Welcome
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby amazincc » July 28th, 2008, 11:23 am

Welcome to PBT, Celeste! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » July 28th, 2008, 1:17 pm

Welcome to PBT, Celeste! You have quite a crew, and what a wonderful thing you do for Guiding Eyes!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cellybean » July 29th, 2008, 11:29 am

Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome! I'll be sure to post some photos of Bean and Nanook.

Matt,
I remember meeting you at The Dog Spot [Cindy's Place] once or twice. I've learned of Yoda's passing and I'm very sorry. :( I met him while talking to you once. He is a lovely soul. I also may have met a pit bull puppy you were fostering. I hope that she is doing well.

Liz,
I'd love for Bean to meet your girl. Let me know when your coming to Rochester and we can get them together. Bean has a way with girls. Nanook's sister Nessie goes all wobbly-kneed in his presence.

-Celeste
cellybean
Just Whelped

Postby muse » July 29th, 2008, 12:27 pm

Hi and Welcome!! Adorable avatar btw. :mrgreen:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby SLS61185 » July 30th, 2008, 5:04 am

Welcome :-)
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby KJS » July 30th, 2008, 12:17 pm

Hello and welcome in! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 3rd, 2008, 5:46 pm

Hello! Hope you are planning on attending the FnF flyball tourney next weekend...it's at DOTCORNY Sat and Sun...so we can meet! I'm anxiously awaiting the tournament, so I can meet all the awesome Rochester folks! :wave2:

I am a trainer for Fidos For Freedom, we train Service and Hearing dogs (the same group that Sarah's rescue donates to)...I am also in charge of the puppies...so it'll be fun to hear how you all do things! I've met a couple of guide dog folks at the conferences...but I don't think I know anyone from your group.

Welcome!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby airwalk » August 3rd, 2008, 6:38 pm

Welcome, what a wonderful thing to raise puppies for Guide Dogs.
airwalk
I live here

Postby StalkerBlueDog » August 11th, 2008, 11:44 am

Welcome fellow Rochester Person! One of my sheltie's best friends at the bar we hang out at was a big ole Newfie named Goodspeed. He was a doll and just let her climb all over him. Unfortunately he recently died of cancer but he was just a love.

We used to raise guide dog puppies for Upstate Guide Dogs before they folded. Was a great experience. Keep up the good work.

Jill Ellis
Rochester NY
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Return to Introductions