JuJube has cancer

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby SisMorphine » July 25th, 2008, 5:36 pm

Just checking in on you guys and JuJube. Lots of good thoughts and hugs have been heading your way all day.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby CinderDee » July 25th, 2008, 5:43 pm

You & JuJube have been in my thoughts today too. :groupHug:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » July 25th, 2008, 5:50 pm

I am so sorry, Heidi. :cry: You are such a wonderful, loving dog owner and JuJu had a terrific life with you. Many dogs don't have that chance.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvypitbulls » July 25th, 2008, 7:04 pm

JuJube is gone I am so heart broken..I could not have loved a dog more

this has been a very brutal year for my family... she has been our glue ..I know I have said that before but really she did hold us together through a most horrific time ..she was still holding us up and together ..

when we lost our son this past year (completely unexpected healthy young no drugs no booze it just happened) ...it was like a meteor hit our world and shattered it to pieces and she just kept keeping us close ... I am forever grateful...JuJu was/is a jewel ... up until today she herded us together and pouring love out of herself into our hearts...her ashes will reside with my sons... and hopefully if there is such a thing as an after life ...they have already found each other .....even if that is not true it is what I am going to believe because I have to function in this world with all the grief and sadness.

our vet was wonderful we called when she tried to get up and fell ..it was too much... she started choking and I could not handle it anymore ....she was so peaceful early this morning I thought she would just fall to sleep .. but it turned into agony and I could not wait when there are options ...

when we got to the vet they had made a bed for us to sit on the floor with her ..she came in and told her how beautiful she was and how unfair the world can be ..she loved her and was with us the entire time ...it was not just something she "had" to do ...JuJu went so peacefully that I could only hope the same thing for me when the time comes

thank you all my eyes are flooding but you have been so sweet to me about this I had to say something
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » July 25th, 2008, 7:12 pm

I am so sorry, Heidi. :sad2:

I am glad you found us and let us share Jujube w/you... your story made me sad and happy at the same time when I read it for the first time.
Sad, because Juju was so sick... but happy, because she had found such a wonderful family who was committed to her in every way possible.

You bet your son and she have already found each other... :hug3:

RIP Juju.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby hugapitbull » July 25th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Heidi, my tears fall for your beautiful, brave girl. You are a dedicated, loving owner and as someone said earlier, it came shining through in your writing.

My thoughts will continue to be with you as you recover from this loss.

RIP Jujube, we've all grown to love you in such a short time.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 25th, 2008, 7:28 pm

I'm so so sorry. :( You provided JuJu with the best life possible.

RIP sweet girl...
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » July 25th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Heidi, I am sorry for the loss of your son. :( You must be heartbroken.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BritneyP » July 25th, 2008, 8:01 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

JuJube was obviously VERY well loved and cared for during her final hours. May she Rest In Peace. :cry:
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » July 25th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Missy (madremissy) wanted me to convey her condolences to you and your family. :(
She doesn't have internet access right now, or she'd do it herself. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenn » July 25th, 2008, 9:12 pm

:cry: You just broke my heart, I'm so so sorry for your loss both of them. :hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Hundilein » July 25th, 2008, 9:17 pm

I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing Jujube's story with us all. We'll be happy to listen to more stories when you remember the happy times, or to just be a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on during the sad times. Hugs and good thoughts are on the way for you and your family.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » July 25th, 2008, 11:06 pm

Heidi I am so sorry. My heart sincerely breaks for you. She was/is your special girl and her spirit and memories will be with you forever.

"Peace Peace!
He is not dead; he doth not sleep.
He hath awakened from the dream of life."
- Percy Bysshe Shelley "Adonais"
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby HappyChick » July 26th, 2008, 12:04 am

Heidi ~ My heart goes out to you and your family. I can't imagine what you must be feeling, losing your son and now your JuJu. Please keep your faith strong and know that you will be with them both again, healthy and happy. Can you imagine the reunion they must have had when JuJube got to Heaven? I'll bet it was wonderful!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » July 26th, 2008, 1:49 am

I'm just so sorry.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby KJS » July 26th, 2008, 4:10 am

Im so sorry to read this sad news this morning :( ...my thoughts are with you now and I wish for strength for you today and in the coming hard times
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby airwalk » July 26th, 2008, 8:04 am

Heidi I wish there were words that could help, but there just aren't any. I'm so sorry to read about JuJu.

I'm sure she's at peace and has found your son.
airwalk
I live here

Postby luvypitbulls » July 26th, 2008, 9:14 am

I am overwhelmed with your kindness thank you so much
I actually feel sad but better today ...she is at peace her end would have been horrible if I had waited any longer the vet said that we came at just the right time ..

friends were so kind and sent me these words I wanted to share with you ..please feel free to share them with anyone you think may need them ...they helped last night when I woke up crying again

SOLACE
Lisa Carmel Singer

From the Silence of your pain, I heard my name
and on the wings of light I have come
to see the sadness in your eyes
that cry without tears

Can you see me, I am here
I will always be near you,
to calm your shattered heart
and to make you smile at the memories

Do you feel me, perhaps a soft brush of fur
You ache to believe it's real
but you are afraid to hope
you brush away a strand of hair
But it was I, whispering

I am only here for a moment
The silver thread gently quivers
I will leave behind my love in a dream
When you awaken and without really knowing why

Your heart will know at last
That it is all right for now
to say goodbye.

Dea and Heidi
We hope JuJube and Cody meet and get to play with each other . Our mom got this when Cody left so we are sending it to you

Love
Pooh Bear and Bailey

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 26th, 2008, 9:54 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss.

My tears, hugs, and prayers!!!

Hold all the great memories in your heart and she lives on in you until you can meet up again!

Run hard at the Rainbow Bridge Sweet girl!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvypitbulls » July 26th, 2008, 10:28 pm

http://members.tripod.com/~animom/dogs.html

there is a tribute started here for JuJu by her Auntie Jody ...she is going to add more but there are no words right now
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer