Assateague Island Slideshow

Anything that doesn't fit into the other three catagories

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » May 27th, 2008, 9:47 am

"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » May 27th, 2008, 10:02 am

NICE vacation! Those horses just hang out near you???

Loved the slide show and song choice. :) You look great, too.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » May 27th, 2008, 11:25 am

That is just too cool.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » May 27th, 2008, 11:42 am

How cool, I'd love to go there. 8)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » May 27th, 2008, 11:47 am

Wow, that is great! I love the pic of the pony rubbing her head on the bike -- so cute!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2008, 12:23 pm

That is awesome! :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby gayrghts » May 27th, 2008, 1:00 pm

nice.... any precautions you need with them hanging out so close?
ie will they go into your tent/trailer?

no dogs?

thorne and sparky stay home?

where is this, ie near what?
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » May 27th, 2008, 2:54 pm

Assateague is a barrier island off of the Maryland coast. http://www.nps.gov/archive/asis/home.htm

The deal with the horses are that they are tame, and they are looking for food, so coolers need to have a strong latch or be kept in a car/hard camper because the horses can open coolers, no food left out, they can get into a tent for food. They squashed a 2 liter bottle of mountain dew at my site and got the top off the portable grill that we brought and licked the grate.

You really aren't supposed to interact with them or approach them, they "can" bite, you have to wash after touching them because they do eat poison ivy and spend time in the forest which is full of poison ivy.

Dogs can go there to the national campground, not to the state campground, on a 6 foot leash at all times.

There are lots of bugs bayside, not so many shoreside. We stayed at the National seashore and there is no hot water, no plumbing, no electricity, I went 3 days without a shower because washing my face gave me a headache the water was so cold, lol! There are a ton of dog ticks, I pulled one off my DH, two off the chihuahua, and six of them off a horse that stood still long enough for me.
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Devin » May 27th, 2008, 5:07 pm

Too bad I'm not closer I wanna go camping with you. I haven't got to go in the last couple years. I am supposed to go this summer in a couple weeks though. I gotta admit the horses would kind of freak me out. I've been around horses when I was younger but I just picture them trying to break into my stuff to get food and stuff lol.
Devin
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 27th, 2008, 8:38 pm

It's so beautiful there! And the horses looked so healthy - I expected them to be scrubbier. I wouldn't get any sleep or anything there. I'd be petting horses 24/7. How lovely. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Asta » June 12th, 2008, 5:21 am

Awesome vacation and slideshow!!!

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby airwalk » June 12th, 2008, 9:00 am

Awesome, thank you for sharing those.
airwalk
I live here

Postby HappyPuppy » July 24th, 2008, 11:51 am

Thanks for sharing! I was hoping you'd post pix. What a neat trip.
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » July 24th, 2008, 1:57 pm

cool *jelous*
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Favorite Kitty » July 24th, 2008, 1:59 pm

I keep telling my kids I want to take them to do this, Lisa. After you talked about the poison ivy and stealing my snacks, I'm not so sure! They dont roam around at night do they? I would only be able to borrow someones tent and I wouldnt want the kids to feel unsafe if the horses do decide to get too close.
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » July 24th, 2008, 2:06 pm

So did you let the horses borrow your bike? Looks like they were trying to ask nicely . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby muse » July 24th, 2008, 3:28 pm

Oh these are great pics!! I didnt know you could take dogs there. Ive been trying to find a place at the beach where I can take the pooches with me, so this is fantastic!! Thanks soo soooo much!!! :dance:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Return to All the Rest