URGENT, victoria, british columbia, canada

Postby Malli » July 24th, 2008, 6:30 am

I can't even believe what I just did.
A little APBT girl came into work tonight who I could not give up on. She has had an UNTREATED seizure disorder for the past 2 years and had been seizuring all day today (well, now, yesterday) :( Her owner's daughter brought her in and it was all we could do to get him to come down to the hospital. They wouldn't take her home and they wouldn't treat her so it was me or euthanasia.
She is about 4 yrs, intact (that can be easily fixed), owners said utd on shots, black and white, and about 43 lbs. Thats pretty much all I know. She seems very timid but its difficult to "assess" her given the circumstances. She will need to stay on a medication called Phenobarbitol but it is very inexpensive-I'm pretty hopeful that her seizures will be well controlled since she has live for 2 yrs with them without any help :(
I can foster her for a short while(hopefully days or less) but I need to find something permanent (the boyfriend/husband might kill me).
here are her pics, she is tiny, the overhead one has a shoe for comparison....
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/M ... ver001.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/M ... ver002.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/M ... ver004.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/M ... ver006.jpg
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » July 24th, 2008, 9:17 am

Oh, she is soooo cute! Good luck finding a home. You are a very nice person. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BigDogBuford » July 24th, 2008, 9:21 am

She's so cute!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Jenn » July 24th, 2008, 9:41 am

Look at those eyes :sad2: Awwww, I wish I could help, good luck, poor little girl.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » July 24th, 2008, 1:24 pm

12 hrs and no seizures.....
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » July 24th, 2008, 1:43 pm

And all it took was some Phenobarb? Screw her old owners. Losers.

What a pretty little lady :( I hope you can find someone to take her. She definitely deserves a chance.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby amazincc » July 24th, 2008, 1:43 pm

She's adorable... and I wish I lived closer to you. :sad2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » July 24th, 2008, 1:44 pm

amazincc wrote:She's adorable... and I wish I lived closer to you. :sad2:

I think you and I should move to Victoria. It's GORGEOUS there!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Malli » July 24th, 2008, 1:48 pm

SisMorphine wrote:And all it took was some Phenobarb? Screw her old owners. Losers.

What a pretty little lady :( I hope you can find someone to take her. She definitely deserves a chance.

That was my first thought when the lady in Billing and Reception told me that they weren't medicating. I couldn't believe it. And Phenobarb is not an expensive drug, probably around $30 a month or so.

amazincc wrote:She's adorable... and I wish I lived closer to you. :sad2:

Me too...

So, guys, any ideas on how I tell Wes?
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BigDogBuford » July 24th, 2008, 1:56 pm

Malli wrote:So, guys, any ideas on how I tell Wes?

Start out with surprise fellatio? :|
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » July 24th, 2008, 2:02 pm

except, I have to tell him before I'll be able to do it for him :rolleyes2: and yes, I actually considered that already.

Seriously though... what do I say? :|

She is still at the hospital and very quiet from the Phenobarb, not to mention her rough day yesterday...
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » July 24th, 2008, 2:11 pm

Malli wrote:except, I have to tell him before I'll be able to do it for him :rolleyes2: and yes, I actually considered that already.

Well... crap... without getting into all the technical details - you mention it during and get a "yes" before you finish. :wink:

And Pheno is on the "approved" list at Wal Mart for $4.00/month... people suck. :neutral:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Malli » July 24th, 2008, 2:16 pm

Oh :wink: Good thinking Christine!
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » July 24th, 2008, 2:18 pm

I think once he sees her, he won't be able to resist her.

I am so glad she found her way to you! :hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » July 25th, 2008, 5:32 am

:woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:

A girl from work adopted her! She has some minimal medical experience as well as Foster experience specifically with Pit Bulls! So this is Great for her. :D
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » July 25th, 2008, 7:07 am

Great news! But not for Wes....he just lost and didn't even know it.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby nicole » July 25th, 2008, 8:47 am

iluvk9 wrote:Great news! But not for Wes....he just lost and didn't even know it.

bwahaha!!

I'm glad this all worked out for the little cutie...keep us posted on her!
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » July 25th, 2008, 9:26 am

YAY!!! That's fantastic news. That little face wasn't going to sit around waiting for long :) Definitely make sure she joins up here as we will demand pictures!
SisMorphine

Postby Malli » July 25th, 2008, 4:26 pm

SisMorphine wrote:YAY!!! That's fantastic news. That little face wasn't going to sit around waiting for long :) Definitely make sure she joins up here as we will demand pictures!

you know :lookaround:, some people think online forums are geeky and don't spend a lot of time on the computer :rolleyes2: I know, I know, I don't get it :|
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » July 25th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Tell her Cheeky gives out toasters to all the newbies.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Rescue