Young Boy Mauled By Dog In Wilkinsburg

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby DropkickPA » July 24th, 2008, 9:34 am

See full story at http://www.wpxi.com/news/16971642/detail.html

WILKINSBURG, Pa. -- A young Wilkinsburg boy has more than 200 stitches and staples on his body after a dog attacked him.

Rocco Doman, 8, is out of the hospital and resting at home.

While visiting a neighborhood friend at a home on Elm Street Saturday, he was mauled by a 140-pound pit bull that somehow escaped a fenced yard next door.

"He did his best to fight him off but a little boy against a big dog, that's a Rocky Balboa story," said his father Tim Doman. "I say he's pretty lucky. Thank God he didn't grab his neck or something like that."

Really, a 140 lb. pit bull? Jaysus, that like saying "50 pound Chihuahua", it just doesn't even make sense.
Dropkick, Dropkid, and Agatha, of course!!
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

Postby starr05 » July 24th, 2008, 11:51 am

140#???? Thats just redicuolus! Maybe they should educate themselves on the TRUE american pitbull,and then maybe we wont have as many people accusing the wrong breed. :x
Jessica
Nash 6yrs old/adopted 2006
starr05
Just Whelped

Postby DropkickPA » July 25th, 2008, 12:06 am

Now they are saying American Bulldog.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/16983248/detail.html#
WILKINSBURG, Pa. -- Animal control officers plan to file charges against two people in a dog attack that left an 8-year-old boy covered in bites.

Investigators said an American bulldog, not a pit bull as originally believed, mauled Rocco Doman Saturday.
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

Postby irwi » July 25th, 2008, 7:46 am

how easy they call it a pitbull :cuss: now it is rectificate but most of the times they don't do that.
irwi
Just Whelped

Postby Tiger » July 28th, 2008, 8:43 am

I am deeply sorry for what this poor child experienced and will continue to experience for some time to come. I've been seriously mauled - I know what it is like. The pain, the fear, the scars - physical and mental take a LONG time (if ever) to heal. This poor child will be in my thoughts for a long time....

I am also amazed that a correction of the breed type was made by the media posting the original account, but I will be dollars to donuts that the original report of the attack made front page news - and the retraction was printed somewhere buried deep in the back pages of the paper...

~Tiger
Doja; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD
Gracie; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD, UDX
Otis; CD, CDX
Domino; CD, CDX
Come visit http://NTBBC.com - "Changing One Mind At A Time"
You are given but one life to live, use it wisely....
Tiger
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby DropkickPA » July 28th, 2008, 9:43 am

Tiger wrote:I am deeply sorry for what this poor child experienced and will continue to experience for some time to come. I've been seriously mauled - I know what it is like. The pain, the fear, the scars - physical and mental take a LONG time (if ever) to heal. This poor child will be in my thoughts for a long time....

I am also amazed that a correction of the breed type was made by the media posting the original account, but I will be dollars to donuts that the original report of the attack made front page news - and the retraction was printed somewhere buried deep in the back pages of the paper...

~Tiger

Funny thing is, as soon as the news changed it from mauled by pit bull, they stopped reporting on it! Literally the very next day. At 11pm, they updated it with a breed id, and there was absolutely nothing on the incident at all in the following mornings news.
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL